Do you care if you platinum every game you play?

drummerklg

I don't really care honestly. There are great games that have trophy lists I can't be bothered to with. For example: Last of Us. Love it to death, but I will never platinum it because I simply just didn't care for the multiplayer. 

I play games for the game first, the plat comes second. 

Honestly I really wanted to 100% everything on my games list but there are many I know I'd never do, either trophies not unlocking or games like Dragonball FighterZ and Street Fighter were I will never be good enough at the online. I have actually started to wonder if trophy hunting is worth it in the long run, while I do enjoy going for trophies there have been times lately where I've not wanted to play anything because of trophies.

I do care in the sense that, ever since I really committed to trophy hunting 6 or 7 years ago, I've tried my hardest to 100% every game on my list that I still can - those that have already been there from before and those that I've started after. But I won't force myself, if I really don't like a certain aspect of a game (usually the multiplayer) and know it would be nothing but a chore, and I also don't let potential difficulty of a plat/100% dictate which games I play. I'll play what I believe will be fun and then try my best to 100% it. If I can do it, great. If I can't but I had a great time with it, I couldn't care less that I wasn't able to finish it. I kind of see every game that I play as a part of my personal gaming journey and the ones I couldn't complete trophy-wise because of a lack of skill on my part are no exception.

Of course if I end up not enjoying a game as much as I thought I would and it also turns out to be too hard or tedious for me to finish, that's a bit of a different story and will then bug me a little, but it's ultimately still fine. The only things that really bother me are server shutdowns of old games I never had the chance to try and complete, and the 2 games I played with a buddy for a few hours way back when, before I cared about trophies, but don't actually own myself and have no interest in getting. Those 2 I would probably delete from my list if I ever had that chance (which I highly doubt will happen), but other than that no regrets.

I care. I’m chasing an 80% completion rate right now through cleaning up old games and so for some of them the platinum/100% has been long unobtainable. That is unfortunate but at this point I can only do as much as the games and my skill will allow me to. 

Edited by KMan34

I would say somewhat, but at this point I got so many PS3 and PS4 games that I will probably never get the platinum for anyways
 At this point I might just get the platinum if I like the game enough(unless the trophy requirements are ridiculous) although sometimes I push for it anyway, or if the trophy list is easy enough to where I don't have to go out of my for a trophy. 
Like I did like Fall Guys enough to go for the Platinum same for GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption
But even though I did like GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 a lot, I probably won't go for the platinum trophies for those two games because I felt like once was enough on previous entries and for games I have platinum trophies that I hate one in particular was Crash Dummy(Only bought this because I thought was going to be decent like the Sega Genesis game crash dummies, but it wasn't even close) anyway platinum the game as well just because the trophy requirements were finish the levels if they wanted me to finish the game 5 time I wouldn't have done it, or even twice probably.

• 10 months later...