Godfather roadmap (under 6 hours)

Scar-Vince

May I also suggest if you use the bridge to prawn island you can jump off it, quite often boats go underneath it, took me 3 attempts and landed on a dinghy!

If collecting hidden packages should of mustered 1,000 up. By the Skumhole Shack located up a set of stairs in the north east of the second island as a save if you go back to the first island.

I decided to go blow up the comet the north east of starfish island in a garage.

Positives:

No Gang Members (sometimes they occasionally get shot)

No Pedestrians to get Wanted level

Car does not move (if you shoot car it may slowly go left or right, as you shoot the car head on it prevents this)

Negatives:

Sea Sparow might be a bit more fiddly to position,

Sea Sparrow requires 80 hidden packages

Do you need 10m? Though that wasn't a must?

Edited by RedBullLordy

The game makes no sense witn the bullets, I used a chainsaw, it counted as bullets, I used one shot on pistol, 24 bullets....

If you do any missions stock up on armour and melee. Any method you chose out of selected above you don't need to do any.

534,000 CR and sleep time. (gets the sticky tape out with 2 x 20ps on top!)

Simple Method to work out how long it takes!

Need to count how many points you get in a minute

Jot down your start

1 min passes

Jot down your finish

Finish minus Start = XP per min

1,000,000 divided by XP Per min = How many minutes it will take

Divide that answer by 60, and you'll get how many hours

Edited by RedBullLordy

May I also suggest if you use the bridge to prawn island you can jump off it, quite often boats go underneath it, took me 3 attempts and landed on a dinghy!

If collecting hidden packages should of mustered 1,000 up. By the Skumhole Shack located up a set of stairs in the north east of the second island as a save if you go back to the first island.

I decided to go blow up the comet the north east of starfish island in a garage.

Positives:

No Gang Members (sometimes they occasionally get shot)

No Pedestrians to get Wanted level

Car does not move (if you shoot car it may slowly go left or right, as you shoot the car head on it prevents this)

Negatives:

Sea Sparow might be a bit more fiddly to position,

Sea Sparrow requires 80 hidden packages

Do you need 10m? Though that wasn't a must?

10 Million is a must.

And prawn island is also a good choice, but I found the other option easier.

You must have atleast 100 kills to let it work.

It will takes 4 hours.

For every 25 kills more, it cost you an extra hour.

Would it not make more sense to ignore these trophies until you've finished everything else? There's no point starting the game with a grind, in my opinion.

Your own choice.

Using this method, you already have 80 Hidden packages, so only 20 to go.

You have a lott of money, so you can buy all safe houses and the other propeties right away when it's unlocked.

If you finish the other trophies first,  your Bullets fired stat will be to high to get it done this way.

So you have to start again, if your using the accuray method. Kind of a waste of time.

• Like 1

10 Million is a must.

And prawn island is also a good choice, but I found the other option easier.

You must have atleast 100 kills to let it work.

It will takes 4 hours.

For every 25 kills more, it cost you an extra hour.

If you get 5 CR per 1% accuracy, shouldn't reaching 200,000% be all you need? What is the 10m for?

Pretty good, have you considered writing a guide?

Sorry, I don't have time for that.

The game does not need a guide in my opinion. Its very easy to complete. Only the 100% take some hours and those criminal ranks.

I gues there are still PS2 guides over the internet, and because this is a port, is just as usefull.

I just make this quickly for people who want this out of the way. To help you guys with this method.

There sure are others, like shooting helipcopters in your garage, but you have to play active.

This accuracy method can be used with a rubber band. So you can play you normall game during day on a different safe slot or something else usefull.

When u go to bed, load the other save, place it in position and when you wake up, you should have the trophies.

Edited by Scar-Vince

Thanks for this guide :)

There is one thing I don't understand quite right. In the very beginning you wrote that you mustn't shoot more than 100 bullets and a little later you wrote you have to shoot 100 or more.

Does this accuarcy-rate only work if 100 shots have been fired? If it's possible with less, it should be faster if you only fired like 50 bullets, right?

Another thing: do cheats disable this one? No cops cheat would probably be nice in order to collect the packages in the first place..

I don't have the PS4 version yet but I'll try this out on the old PS2 version when I get bored some time in prep for the PS4 version when I get it, I could easily grind to godfather level normally, but then again, what fun are trophies if you can't find quicker ways to get them?

Thanks for this guide :)

There is one thing I don't understand quite right. In the very beginning you wrote that you mustn't shoot more than 100 bullets and a little later you wrote you have to shoot 100 or more.

Does this accuarcy-rate only work if 100 shots have been fired? If it's possible with less, it should be faster if you only fired like 50 bullets, right?

Another thing: do cheats disable this one? No cops cheat would probably be nice in order to collect the packages in the first place..

It's only works when the minimum of 100 bullets is fired. Lesser bullets fired won't let the accuracy go up.

And when have 100 bullets fired exactly it takes like 4 hours.

Every 25 bullets more cost you an extra hour using this method.

I don't think cheats lock this trophy. But some cheats will cost you 999 CR points.

Step One worked great, however, I ended up hitting a wall when trying to get the money: I tried the Crazy Cone method on the PS4 version and was noticing that it wasn't all that easy.  I was getting 6 seconds between checkpoints by the time I got to the 3rd or 4th try (made sure to wait til the timer was about hit 0) Also, the Stallion wouldn't spawn on occasion. 

You can also use Vigilante missions to get the $10 Million.  It's a little slower, but works just as well.  

I can confirm this works as I just got this one today.  

1) Once you've finished step one, take some of the money you made with the packages, and go buy yourself a safehouse with a garage (easiest is the Ocean Heights Apartment, it's basically right behind the hotel you start the game at, it costs $7,000)

2) Steal a cop car.  

3) Park the cop car in the garage and then begin the Vigilante Mission

4) Get out of the cop car (you'll have one minute to return to the car before the mission ends), and walk far enough away that the garage door closes.  

Some cheat codes do not have any effect on the criminal rating, this is one of them.  

5) Activate the "Make all cars explode" cheat: R2, L2, R1, L1, L2, R2, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, L2, L1.  This should kill your target(s).  

Note: Sometimes, they don't all die with that cheat (it's very rare, only happened to me twice), but you should have built up enough time to go track and run them over, Do NOT shoot them. 

6) Get back into the car to initiate Vigilante Level 2

Repeat steps 4-6 until you have $10,000,000  The reward money goes up every level.  You'll need to do at least 75-100 levels consecutively.  Took me about an hour or so.  

This will also prevent you from shooting any more bullets (which would hurt your rating)

Edited by DeadlySilence

If anyone else is having trouble with Cone Crazy, you can make it much easier by clearing a path before you collect the first checkpoint. Because the timer goes down to 6 seconds per checkpoint in this version (it apparently doesn't in the original PS2 release) it may even be necessary. I had to do it for my last 4-5 runs

Accuracy didn't add to criminal rating until my 101st bullet, either.

Edit: I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the bullets fired and accuracy stats include bullets shot by NPCs. So be careful when collecting packages, since the army guys can shoot dozens of bullets in a matter of seconds even if you don't provoke them.

Edited by Shadiochao

Step One worked great, however, I ended up hitting a wall when trying to get the money: I tried the Crazy Cone method on the PS4 version and was noticing that it wasn't all that easy.  I was getting 6 seconds between checkpoints by the time I got to the 3rd or 4th try (made sure to wait til the timer was about hit 0) Also, the Stallion wouldn't spawn on occasion. 

WIth Cone Crazy, you have to make sure that the first 6 or 7 times you have to hit the last checkpoint when the timer is 00:00

Because after each run, you lose 1 second at the start, and I believe after 6 or 7 times the timer always start with less then 5 seconds.

When this happens you need to hit the last checkpoint with 00:01, then 00:02, etc.

And when you passed the mission, you can drive the stallion to the same spot and exit the car. Enter again and you can do the mission right away for a second time.

After some mission passed (in my game) you have to move some cone's with your stallion before starting to collect.  Use Youtube for the explenation. Very easy. Took me 15 minutes for 10m.

Edited by Scar-Vince

To save even more time can you not just use the weapons cheat? Cheats shouldn't disable trophies or cap 99% because GTA3 with cheats and still get the platinum so i don't see why it would be any different here. 

But there is not such a trophy in GTA III.

Normal guns add bullets to shoot and bullets hit.

Mounted minigun on Sea Sparrow/Hunter only rise the bullets hit, and you want that to raise the accuracy.

If there was a cheat for a Hunter or Sea Sparrow, it takes lesser time for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

This is by far the fastest way to achieve the 1.000.000 points needed for Godfather Criminal rank.

I show you the accuracy road.

1% gives you 5 CR. So for this way you have the get 200.000% accuracy.

Things do to :

Collect 80 Hidden Packages to spawn the Sea Sparrow at the Diaz mansion; (You don't have the own the mansion to let it spawn.)

DON'T WASTE ANY BULLET SHOTS ON CIVILLIANS OR POLICE.  Your must not shoot more than 100 Bullets (Check Stats)

Just follow the steps below:

1. Start a new game

2. Finish first mission and save your game at the Ocean Beach Hotel.

3. Get a Ambulance and go to The Marina Docks.( Place where Cortez give you missions.)

4. Go park the ambulance at the other acces points to the boats. Park it afterwards against the fence.

5. Now jump on the ambulance and try to jump trew the fence ( It will work, can take some time here)

6. When u passed the fence, get a boat and go to the second island. Best acces point is the Boat Yard.

To see step 3 - 6 , go to youtube and type:  How to get early to the second island Vice City.

7. Now collect the Hidden Packages at the second island. (some need a helicopter)  (Police Maverick can be found at police station downtown.)

8. Then get a Helicopter to go back to the other islands, to collect Hidden Packages until you have atleast 80. Now the Sea Sparrow has spawned.

U need a Helicopter the get to Starfish Island ,Golf court and FIlm Studio to get in.

9. Now shoot some bullets until you get atleast 100 bullets fired. (I endend up with 250, what takes it some longer.) Make sure you save, so you can reload if you messes up.

Now get the Sea Sparrow and park it in front of the Infernus / Stretch. Shoot it with the mounted mini gun.

Bullets fired with the Sea Sparrow minigun won't add to Bullets fire, but it does add to Bullets hit.

Now thats the car it blown up, you still can shot it with your sea sparrow minigun.

If you have exactly 100 bullets fire, you have to shoot 200.000 bullets at the car for to achieve 1.000.000 points.

So any more Bullets fired, it takes longer. So pay attention to those stats a lott.

Averages bullets shot in a hour are around 50.000 bullets. So 4 hours is the minimum.

So When you have 200 bullets shots, it takes 8 hours,  when 250 bullets shots is takes 10 hours

You can also make use of Rubber Bands.

Some times if your Sea Sparrow is on the ground with the bands on, it won't hit the car, but shoot under it.

I have one solution for that so far.

Fly to the harbor and seach for a Packer. Park this Packer at the area where u have to do the Zebra Cab Mission. Because you don't get attention from the police there.

I can confirm that a Rubber band works on this packer and you don't have to stay in the air.

So Relax and let it go on a few hours and you will be there.

U can Save inbetween, but you can better do it in one run.

SECOND CONDITION:

You als need 10.000.000 Dollar to achieve the Godfather rank.

And easy way to get quick money is the Cone Crazy (Car sidequest) It;s located at Ocean Beach at the top of the parking lott.

You can double you Money very quick here. Each time you have to beat you own record the get double the money.

After 15 times or so, you have atleast 10.000.000 dollar. Took me on 15 minutes.

You also can do this first to achieve Max Money. That will give u 200.000 CR points, so the other part will be shorter.

So maby I have miss mentioned something in this roadmap. I maked it very quickly.

I hope it will helps you.

So please comment below, if it works for you also.

TIP: If you have to start VICE CITY for the first time. You can better start with this and get those 2 trophies out of the way.

Credits to Shadiochao for pointing this out:

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the bullets fired and accuracy stats include bullets shot by NPCs. So be careful when collecting packages, since the army guys can shoot dozens of bullets in a matter of seconds even if you don't provoke them.

Also be aware in the Little Haiti and Little Havana area. Those Cubans and Haitians will shoot on each other, and for the same reason as above (army guys), they count for Bullets fired and so your accuracy. So collect other Hidden Packages first or save often between.

Thank you for posting this method. It worked great.

Man I wish I found/read this before finishing the game lol. In regards to NPC bullets affecting your stats, I'd recommend avoid getting the hidden package in the police station at first. While they may not shoot as much as the soldiers at the base, you still get a two star wanted level and will have to deal with them shooting at you outside as well.

Edited by Caldor2K2