Godfather roadmap (under 6 hours)

Scar-Vince

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still going for this I created a video based on Scar-Vince's roadmap. I gave you credit for it also Scar-Vince, it was very helpful and I completed it in 7 hours total.

Here is the link to my video:

Nice video.

Perfect for people who prefer a video instead of a tekst guide.

Great work.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If anyone is still planning on getting this, here's an important planning step: which packages to get?

Based on the map below:

http://i.imgur.com/KUHR6Bx.gif

First, you can get 1-12, 18-20, 22-23, 25-26, 28-31, 35-37, and 39-43 right from the start. That makes 31 packages before you leave the first island.

Second, once you're on the second island, you can get 56-59, 61-63, 76-83, 85-86, 88, 92-96, and 98-100. That makes 57 packages before you get the chopper.

Third, once you go get the helicopter, I'd recommend going for 13-17, 33-34, 38, 46-50, 51-55, 60, 68, 84 (map is wrong, this is on a boat with no gangplanks so you need the chopper), 87, 89-91, and 97. That makes 83 packages before you go get the Sea Swallow.

These are the 17 packages you probably should NOT get:

- #21 and #24 are on rooftops that are really hard to land on, and there's a good chance you'll crash your chopper.
- #27 is inside a locked gate that I think you need a particular delivery vehicle to open
- #32 is inside the police station and they'll start shooting at you, which screws up the whole process
- #44 and #45 are on rocks off the coast and are hard to land on
- #64 to #67, and #69 to #75, are in gang territory and aren't worth risking getting shot at
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So wait, if other people fire at you, and your bullets fired goes up, you lose points? This is ridiculous. I spent ten hours getting all hidden packages and a million points. I got all of the packages to unlock the hunter because I'm not good at Cone Crazy, so I was just going to do Brown Thunder, but after about fifteen minutes, I'd lost 600,000 points!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's easier to use the hovering cars cheat to access the second island rather than glitching through the gate at the docks. You can just drive over the water. I've just done it, it doesn't block you from increasing criminal rating and getting the trophy.

Also, the thing that I found the easiest to shoot with the Sea Sparrow was the big boat at the dock (near where you'd glitch through the gate). It doesn't get destroyed but all the shots count as hits. Just park on the dock opposite it and rubber band the R1 button.

Hovering Cars: Right, R2, Circle, R1, L2, Square, R1, R2

Edited by Milktastrophe

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The criminal rating still can be done after completion, my sister is working on that trophy after completion of the story and the rating is going up... I admit not super fast but it's still increasing nevertheless 

I basically collected all Hidden Packages first and then done the Take the cannoli trophy. You will be there for hours trying to get this done if your doing it after the story.

9 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I basically collected all Hidden Packages first and then done the Take the cannoli trophy. You will be there for hours trying to get this done if your doing it after the story.

I just watched the video that was provided in the thread and I couldn't believe how much those extra bullets that was fired at him took that much affect with the rating. I'll tell my sister about this video as I don't know how fast it's going up for her, all she tells me it's going up... But yeah I agree many many hours the way she's doing it ?

4 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I just watched the video that was provided in the thread and I couldn't believe how much those extra bullets that was fired at him took that much affect with the rating. I'll tell my sister about this video as I don't know how fast it's going up for her, all she tells me it's going up... But yeah I agree many many hours the way she's doing it ?

Tell your sister she is better just to start a new game, but that would mean she would have to collect 80 packages again for the Sea Sparrow to spawn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Tell your sister she is better just to start a new game, but that would mean she would have to collect 80 packages again for the Sea Sparrow to spawn.

She probably won't listen but I'll tell her. I know when I start this game on my account (this one) I'll be following what the video says as it seems less hassle/time consuming ?

Just now, ZachBoardyHD said:

She probably won't listen but I'll tell her. I know when I start this game on my account (this one) I'll be following what the video says as it seems less hassle/time consuming ?

Aye, when i was going for this trophy it only took me 4 hours constantly shooting at the Packer truck in the film studios. What i didn't really like was first loading the game for the first time and then having to collect the packages from the start, that kinda sucked, but had to be done i suppose. 

Great method which I'll be using soon. At least if it doesn't work I won't have any trophies for this game so it won't annoy me having it incomplete on my profile. Collecting the hidden packages doesn't bother me because it has to be done for 100% completion anyway.

I started this yesterday and I'm following a video to collect the hidden packages, a lot of them are on rooftops though and I can't find any helicopters on the first island, will that be a problem or can I just move onto the second island?

Edit: It was not an issue and it's all worked out, half-way to godfather rank right now. I did have another issue where my rank would not increase, I had exactly 100 bullets fired and I read someone's comment somewhere, forget who, but they mentioned you need 101, so i fired an extra bullet and my rank has been increasing since. Just in case someone in the future comes across something similar.

Edited by Slipknot_rooney

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12 December 2015 at 1:32 AM, RedBullLordy said:

May I also suggest if you use the bridge to prawn island you can jump off it, quite often boats go underneath it, took me 3 attempts and landed on a dinghy!

If collecting hidden packages should of mustered 1,000 up. By the Skumhole Shack located up a set of stairs in the north east of the second island as a save if you go back to the first island.

I decided to go blow up the comet the north east of starfish island in a garage.

Positives:

No Gang Members (sometimes they occasionally get shot)

No Pedestrians to get Wanted level

Car does not move (if you shoot car it may slowly go left or right, as you shoot the car head on it prevents this)

Negatives:

Sea Sparow might be a bit more fiddly to position,

Sea Sparrow requires 80 hidden packages

Do you need 10m? Though that wasn't a must?

On 28 December 2015 at 6:23 AM, LouTheDroog said:

Thank you for posting this method. It worked great.

Very nice methods did it in 4 hours flat, after getting the money and packages first, but once I got the trophy I got busted then wasted and my rating dropped back to don 600k will this affect my 100% playthrough or does the Crimson rating have sh/t to do with obtaining 100%. Info please guys.

Just now, afc-razor-84 said:

Very nice methods did it in 4 hours flat, after getting the money and packages first, but once I got the trophy I got busted then wasted and my rating dropped back to don 600k will this affect my 100% playthrough or does the Crimson rating have sh/t to do with obtaining 100%. Info please guys.

Criminal* not crimson.

On 11 December 2015 at 7:03 PM, Scar-Vince said:

This is by far the fastest way to achieve the 1.000.000 points needed for Godfather Criminal rank.

I show you the accuracy road.

1% gives you 5 CR. So for this way you have the get 200.000% accuracy.

Things do to :

Collect 80 Hidden Packages to spawn the Sea Sparrow at the Diaz mansion; (You don't have the own the mansion to let it spawn.)

DON'T WASTE ANY BULLET SHOTS ON CIVILLIANS OR POLICE.  Your must not shoot more than 100 Bullets (Check Stats)

Just follow the steps below:

1. Start a new game

2. Finish first mission and save your game at the Ocean Beach Hotel.

3. Get a Ambulance and go to The Marina Docks.( Place where Cortez give you missions.)

4. Go park the ambulance at the other acces points to the boats. Park it afterwards against the fence.

5. Now jump on the ambulance and try to jump trew the fence ( It will work, can take some time here)

6. When u passed the fence, get a boat and go to the second island. Best acces point is the Boat Yard.

To see step 3 - 6 , go to youtube and type:  How to get early to the second island Vice City.

7. Now collect the Hidden Packages at the second island. (some need a helicopter)  (Police Maverick can be found at police station downtown.)

8. Then get a Helicopter to go back to the other islands, to collect Hidden Packages until you have atleast 80. Now the Sea Sparrow has spawned.

U need a Helicopter the get to Starfish Island ,Golf court and FIlm Studio to get in.

9. Now shoot some bullets until you get atleast 100 bullets fired. (I endend up with 250, what takes it some longer.) Make sure you save, so you can reload if you messes up.

Now get the Sea Sparrow and park it in front of the Infernus / Stretch. Shoot it with the mounted mini gun.

Bullets fired with the Sea Sparrow minigun won't add to Bullets fire, but it does add to Bullets hit.

Now thats the car it blown up, you still can shot it with your sea sparrow minigun.

If you have exactly 100 bullets fire, you have to shoot 200.000 bullets at the car for to achieve 1.000.000 points.

So any more Bullets fired, it takes longer. So pay attention to those stats a lott.

Averages bullets shot in a hour are around 50.000 bullets. So 4 hours is the minimum.

So When you have 200 bullets shots, it takes 8 hours,  when 250 bullets shots is takes 10 hours

You can also make use of Rubber Bands.

Some times if your Sea Sparrow is on the ground with the bands on, it won't hit the car, but shoot under it.

I have one solution for that so far.

Fly to the harbor and seach for a Packer. Park this Packer at the area where u have to do the Zebra Cab Mission. Because you don't get attention from the police there.

I can confirm that a Rubber band works on this packer and you don't have to stay in the air.

So Relax and let it go on a few hours and you will be there.

U can Save inbetween, but you can better do it in one run.

SECOND CONDITION:

You als need 10.000.000 Dollar to achieve the Godfather rank.

And easy way to get quick money is the Cone Crazy (Car sidequest) It;s located at Ocean Beach at the top of the parking lott.

You can double you Money very quick here. Each time you have to beat you own record the get double the money.

After 15 times or so, you have atleast 10.000.000 dollar. Took me on 15 minutes.

You also can do this first to achieve Max Money. That will give u 200.000 CR points, so the other part will be shorter.

So maby I have miss mentioned something in this roadmap. I maked it very quickly.

I hope it will helps you.

So please comment below, if it works for you also.

TIP: If you have to start VICE CITY for the first time. You can better start with this and get those 2 trophies out of the way.

Credits to Shadiochao for pointing this out:

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the bullets fired and accuracy stats include bullets shot by NPCs. So be careful when collecting packages, since the army guys can shoot dozens of bullets in a matter of seconds even if you don't provoke them.

Also be aware in the Little Haiti and Little Havana area. Those Cubans and Haitians will shoot on each other, and for the same reason as above (army guys), they count for Bullets fired and so your accuracy. So collect other Hidden Packages first or save often between.

Does the godfather ranking count for 100% completion rate. Info guys

• 1 month later...

i started this a few days ago. I fucked up becouse i got shot at and i didnt know that even if you start a new game..the stats carry over.

It made the 4/6 hours shooting exploit..turn in to 13 hours but i got it done.

Its still my favorite gta of the franchise so...im happy.

• 1 year later...