Your wishlist of PS3 games to PS4?

Jurgen

So everyone knows about PS2 to PS4 games that came out not long ago and it got me thinking about all the great PS3 games that could also be brought to PS4. So many games have been sent to PS4 already but there's still too many good ones left out there. I want to ask what would your list of games be that you'd love to see brought to the PS4?

My list is going to be short and sweet. I'm going for the older PS3 games that don't have trophies because it'll be awesome and very nostalgic to experience them in a different way. Your list can have any game you like that hasn't already been brought to the PS4 :) I'm interested to what everyone will have in their lists.

My wishlist:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

- Heavenly Sword

- Assassin's Creed

- GRID

- Dynasty Warriors 6

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

- Portal 2 (even though that had trophies :P )

I tried looking for a thread like this but couldn't see any so sorry if someone has already made one.

Edited by Exalted-Risk

Alright, so I've gone home, I'm off the phone, on my laptop, ready to type a bunch as usual. I go and look at my list, scroll through the whole lot, and realize I pretty well covered it with my first post. Really, every game on PS3 that I would play again today, is still worth plugging a PS3 in for, with that in mind, here's the few games I think would genuinely benefit from a visual upgrade.

As I said before, Grand Theft Auto IV. Still a great game to play today, I know, I replayed the whole thing just a week or two ago and it totally holds up, but Liberty City is the most depressing looking place at night time, or really any time it's not happy sunny weather. If this got dumped on PS4, I wouldn't expect it to be brought up to GTA V levels of beauty, but if they made a better weather system and made the place not so damn dark and dreary all the time, I would buy this again in a heartbeat. But since the MP is no longer on the old servers and records lost and all that, I would beg that they pull an Uncharted and just bring over the single player bit, besides, anyone who wants to play GTA Online will just play the REAL GTA Online in GTA V. Single player only GTA IV, so no multiplayer trophies, would be an absolute dream to 100% again.

Mirror's Edge still looks pretty decent on PS3 due to it's particular visual style, however, an updated version, perhaps on the updated engine of it's follow up, would be nice too, especially as a way to entice new players who missed the first entry into the series as Catalyst's release draws near. If they released this at the right price point, so say, 30/40 bucks, I'd be down to grab it day one. Especially considering I got the first one for free anyway from PSX 2013. Or 2014. I forget which year EA gave out free crap, I think it might have actually been 2014.

And the last one, or two, is / are, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and it's not so well received sequel, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Electric Boogaloo. The first game is a masterpiece and by far my favorite Star Wars game, which says something because I fucking adore Battlefront II. It's also confusing because Vice City, Tony Hawk 3, & Spidey 2 are tied for my favorite ever spot, while Battlefront 2 is my second favorite game. Anyway, Force 1 is superb. Force 2 is pretty damn good but it's a bit short. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll be getting a Force 3 any time soon ever so a visually upgraded compilation of the first two titles would do nice to scratch that itch. At the time these games looked stunning, now, well, they look okay, but not so fantastic. 

Bonus points though, for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, I'm aware you said this one first, that's why I'm not claiming it as my own, but I would love this (and 2 and 3) to get the HD treatment with trophies and shit...even if I had the 360 version and the list wasn't anything special anyways.

• Like 2

Perhaps it is what he's talking about but I think PlayStation Now is another good method to bring PS3 games to PS4 (and Vita :awesome: )

I really just want the Tales games (both Symphonias, both Xillias and Graces f) to be playable in some shape or form. If the older CoD titles could also be available on PS Now then I would certainly welcome those to.

No more remasters but i wouldn't mind if some trophyless ps3 games got trophies through a ps4 port or something. Resistance, Assassins Creed, Saints Row 2, Ratchet tools & booty,heavenly sword, Oblivion. Prefer a trophy patch though, dont wont to re-buy them.  

Maybe we will see a PS3 emulator in the future. who knows.

No more remasters but i wouldn't mind if some trophyless ps3 games got trophies through a ps4 port or something. Resistance, Assassins Creed, Saints Row 2, Ratchet tools & booty,heavenly sword, Oblivion. Prefer a trophy patch though, dont wont to re-buy them.  

Maybe we will see a PS3 emulator in the future. who knows.

'Trophyless' PS3 games on PS4 is all i could ask for really. Some of those titles deserve it badly. I think Oblivion would hugely benefit from it whether it was a remaster or not

• Like 2

Eternal Sonata
Dark Sector
Assassin's Creed
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction

Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon- along with Legend of Spyro A New Beginning and The Eternal Night

Okami-I'll buy this game for every platform it is on
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
is about what I want for my list.

• Like 1

Well not exactly. Just games you'd like brought to the PS4 in general. Some games are better off not being remastered/definitive. For me, one being the Spyro franchise which is better off the way it is with its graphics and the feel of the gameplay. Others would probably be better off having a remastered/definitive remake but that's up to you. For me and my 'wishlist', i wouldn't want any to be remastered (except maybe Portal 2). I'd prefer my list to be just a straight port/remake to the PS4. That way i can get my 100% nostalgic feel but on a PS4 with trophies added.

Edited by Exalted-Risk

I remember the days where everyone was shouting, "PS4 needs NEW games not remasters!"

Oh, how times have changed.

I can assure you, i was not one of them :P

Red Read Redemption would be amazing indeed. I would like to have a new FIFA Street on PS4!

YES, i almost said FIFA Street 3 in my list. There's no FIFA Street game on PS4 at all yet. We're on to something here...

• Like 1

Would love a Resistance trilogy as I enjoyed the single player and the online co-op quite a lot especially Resistance 2.

Eternal Sonata + Trophies - What's not to like :)

Demon Souls - Feels a little old on PS3 for many new fans Bloodborne brought in could do really well as a PS4 remaster

Plenty more I would like but they stood out the most for me.

Demon Souls - Feels a little old on PS3 for many new fans Bloodborne brought in could do really well as a PS4 remaster

Demon's Souls would be perfect for a remaster. Didn't actually understand why games like TLoU had one when it was practically brand new on PS3 and the graphics were still really decent. Demon's Souls and games like it deserve it more.