BO2 platinum unobtainable soon?

PiraMark94

I have a friend who recently got the trophy, it Poped in Team Deathmatch, funny thing is he doesn't care about trophies at all... If I get lucky the trophy will pop playing regular multiplayer mode

Your friend most likely joined a hacker lobby and had Big Leagues hacked for him.

Yes, but he doesn't care about trophies, he even has the trophy notification off. See how unfair life is? LOL

Unfair? If I were you, I'd be happy that I didn't get the trophy through a hacked lobby. Sure, it's unobtainable now and that's sad but I really wouldn't like to get a trophy I didn't earn myself, even if that'd give me the opportunity to get an unobtainable platinum.

Edited by LucasV9991
  • Like 3

Unfair? If I were you, I'd be happy that I didn't get the trophy through a hacked lobby. Sure, it's unobtainable now and that's sad but I really wouldn't like to get a trophy I didn't earn myself, even if that'd give me the opportunity to get an unobtainable platinum.

Well In not happy at all that I bought BOps2 and the season pass, they charged me every cent, yet they fail to deliver the whole experience, and the game is not even that old. they took down the oportuity of getting the plat, yet up till today the game hasn't lowered its price on the store.

Well In not happy at all that I bought BOps2 and the season pass, they charged me every cent, yet they fail to deliver the whole experience, and the game is not even that old. they took down the oportuity of getting the plat, yet up till today the game hasn't lowered its price on the store.

How did they fail to deliver the whole experience? You can still play the base game, you can still play it online, and you can still play the dlc.

How did they fail to deliver the whole experience? You can still play the base game, you can still play it online, and you can still play the dlc.

Yes, but I can not get into league divisions, cannot earn that trophy, the game was offered with modes that are not in use anymore, not because they shut down the server, just because they didnt want to give more support to a mode included in the main game.

• 2 weeks later...

Opened a case on Activision Support and won't stop annoying them until the'll fix it.

First Mail
"Hello!
The "Big Leagues" Trophy is not achievable anymore. I know that it is only achievable in an active season, but there won't be an active season on league play because Black Ops II League is outdated by Black Ops III Arena.
Seems legit on one hand because you want to focus your support on more actual games, but on the other hand it is a huge let down for the Trophy-/Achievement-hunter community. Espscially the trophyhunters on the Playstation community are pretty disappointed because they can't achieve the platinum trophy on a game that is only 4 years old.
I think I can speak for the whole german trophyhunters from trophies.de and the international community from playstationtrophies.org as well as psnprofiles.com, when I beg you to fix this problem please. All we, the community, your fans, want is a small hotfix, that makes this trophy achievable again.
Don't forget that we are your fans, we are your customers and we payed for a game which we cannot experience completely.
Publishers and developers are just as good as their service and dedication to their dear customers and fans.
So, please please please fix this.
We need to get our CoD-Trophy-Collection 100% complete. Thank you!
sincerely,
Thomas ***********
and all trophyhunters worldwide"

Answer
"Hello Thomas,

Thank you for contacting us. We always take all suggestions seriously. I will make sure to get yours to the appropriate department. I hope you have a nice day.

Aaron Paz
Elite Trouble Smasher | Player Support
Stick together, we'll come out on top"

Automatic Activision Support needed me to update the case, otherwise it would be deactivated within 5 days, so I answered.

Second Mail

"Hi, have you already found a solution? Pre-season league play is still available, but the trophy will only unlock in an active season. Maybe you could change the trophy unlocking parameters to pre-season games. It is just a little workaround. A few lines of code to make thousands of gamers happy.
sincerely,
Thomas ***********
"

I will keep you updated on this case. Don't tell me this won't work, they must give in if we stick hard enough to this.
Feel free to open up your own case about the same topic on support.activision.com (you can log in with your PSN). The more pressure we make, the better. But don't copy my text 1:1, that would be too suspicous. If a whole bunch of customers ask for the same thing, they have to give in.

Hope my english articulation is not too bad :D

Opened a case on Activision Support and won't stop annoying them until the'll fix it.

First Mail

"Hello!

The "Big Leagues" Trophy is not achievable anymore. I know that it is only achievable in an active season, but there won't be an active season on league play because Black Ops II League is outdated by Black Ops III Arena.

Seems legit on one hand because you want to focus your support on more actual games, but on the other hand it is a huge let down for the Trophy-/Achievement-hunter community. Espscially the trophyhunters on the Playstation community are pretty disappointed because they can't achieve the platinum trophy on a game that is only 4 years old.

I think I can speak for the whole german trophyhunters from trophies.de and the international community from playstationtrophies.org as well as psnprofiles.com, when I beg you to fix this problem please. All we, the community, your fans, want is a small hotfix, that makes this trophy achievable again.

Don't forget that we are your fans, we are your customers and we payed for a game which we cannot experience completely.

Publishers and developers are just as good as their service and dedication to their dear customers and fans.

So, please please please fix this.

We need to get our CoD-Trophy-Collection 100% complete. Thank you!

sincerely,

Thomas ***********

and all trophyhunters worldwide"

Answer

"Hello Thomas,

Thank you for contacting us. We always take all suggestions seriously. I will make sure to get yours to the appropriate department. I hope you have a nice day.

Aaron Paz

Stick together, we'll come out on top"

Automatic Activision Support needed me to update the case, otherwise it would be deactivated within 5 days, so I answered.

Second Mail

"Hi, have you already found a solution? Pre-season league play is still available, but the trophy will only unlock in an active season. Maybe you could change the trophy unlocking parameters to pre-season games. It is just a little workaround. A few lines of code to make thousands of gamers happy.

sincerely,

Thomas ***********"

I will keep you updated on this case. Don't tell me this won't work, they must give in if we stick hard enough to this.

Feel free to open up your own case about the same topic on support.activision.com (you can log in with your PSN). The more pressure we make, the better. But don't copy my text 1:1, that would be too suspicous. If a whole bunch of customers ask for the same thing, they have to give in.

Hope my english articulation is not too bad :D

+++ UPDATE +++

Second Answer

"Hello Thomas,

Thank you for reaching us once again. We appreciate all of your suggestions I will also make sure to get this to the proper department. I hope you have a nice day.

Aaron Paz

Stick together, we'll come out on top."

• 2 weeks later...

Second Answer

"Hello Thomas,

Thank you for reaching us once again. We appreciate all of your suggestions I will also make sure to get this to the proper department. I hope you have a nice day.

Aaron Paz

Stick together, we'll come out on top."

How does someone like that stay employed?  He's not even doing his job at all. 

He's obviously deflecting and ignoring the issue. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

Got the platinum for this in 2012. It's your fault for not getting the platinum earlier not Activisions, you had 4 years to plat it. 

On a side note. Now i know why the platinum is 1.57% Ultra rare, i thought it was because of the Giant Accomplishment trophy. That was simple just annoying because you had to repeat the same mission a few times. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 11:47 AM, DARKB1KE said:

How does someone like that stay employed?  He's not even doing his job at all. 

He's obviously deflecting and ignoring the issue. 

Customer service these days typically has an intermediary before your question is addressed. Given that there is no follow up post, I'm assuming they haven't fixed the problem and may not. 

On 11/1/2016 at 2:59 PM, man08071983 said:

1) You can find this game used for like $15.

2) The PS Store is soooooooooooo frikkin slow at updating prices. Classic example I love using is the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Edition ($99.99) when you can go out and get the disc version for like $25.

3) It is an old game, as it's been 4+ years since its release, and we've had 4 CoDs after that.

4) Going off of #3, Sports games get released every year just like CoD, and only get support for about 16-18 months. Here a CoD game gets support for just over 4 years, and people are still complaining.

5) Still going off of above, you had 4 years to get this trophy, and it took me about an hour to do. An hour for a silver multiplayer trophy is incredibly quick. 

6) As many have stated before and in other threads, trophy hunters, believe it or not, are still a minority.

7) You've had the game for quite awhile, so all you had to do was hop into the game mode and get the trophy. If you're bad at FPS games or are bad at the multiplayer aspect, then the trophy might've taken you two hours. The only way someone should be mad about this is if they are just buying the game now and never got a chance to play it before. 

8) Going off of #7, that brings up an issue of why one didn't buy the game sooner. If they just got a PS3 for turning 14 or whatever, that's different, but most people in that situation would want the latest release. Very few would want to delve into a 4 year old game as competitive and annual as CoD. That's almost like going out and buying MLB 2k12 right now.... Almost.

9) Games have lost their support for online and for trophies a hell of a lot quicker than Black Ops II. Dead Star was up for like 8-10 months only, and was even offered as a PS+ game! Like I said before, every sports game loses their support and platinum around 18 months after release too. Losing support on annual releases is just expected, it's a given. I'm surprised that they supported the game mode for so long. They want people playing their latest games, and with annual releases they need to allocate resources and whatnot to the newest title.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

9) Games have lost their support for online and for trophies a hell of a lot quicker than Black Ops II. Dead Star was up for like 8-10 months only, and was even offered as a PS+ game! Like I said before, every sports game loses their support and platinum around 18 months after release too. Losing support on annual releases is just expected, it's a given. I'm surprised that they supported the game mode for so long. They want people playing their latest games, and with annual releases they need to allocate resources and whatnot to the newest title.

This is an excellent point. The companies that produce the games we all get to enjoy have fairly limited resources. In order to continue producing great games they have no choice but to reallocate resources as necessary and limit support to older titles. That leaves some of us unable to achieve platinum status. It's unfortunate, but doesn't take away from the great game you bought providing hours of enjoyment. Play the single player. Get the trophies you can and accept that you can no longer earn platinum. I am in the same boat. 

9 hours ago, desertsapper25 said:

Play the single player. Get the trophies you can and accept that you can no longer earn platinum.

This is exactly what I've been doing with games like Resistance 2 and Homefront. Yeah, not being able to earn more trophies or the platinum from a game is disappointing, but you can still get what you can done, boost your completion % and trophy rank, and that means less grinding for you and you can move on to another game sooner

• Like 1

• 3 months later...