McGregor Vs Aldo

AgaveAttenuata

That's why I always found these events kind of stupid.

If you are going to watch the Superbowl with some buddies you are going to order pizza, open some bags of chips, pour some salsa, have some soda and beer etc. Basically you make a little party out of it.

If you are watching a UFC main event. One that is going to do HUGE buys and each competitor is walking away with millions of dollars...and it lasts less than 30 seconds I would be demanding my money back. I just don't understand why people keep going back to buying these shows when you literally didn't have time to dip one chip into the salsa before the main event is over. You could literally watch a GIF of the fight and save yourself tons of money

UFC either needs to start rigging fights or start getting better fighters because 1 person shouldn't be knocking the other guy out that fast.

That's why I always found these events kind of stupid.

If you are going to watch the Superbowl with some buddies you are going to order pizza, open some bags of chips, pour some salsa, have some soda and beer etc. Basically you make a little party out of it.

If you are watching a UFC main event. One that is going to do HUGE buys and each competitor is walking away with millions of dollars...and it lasts less than 30 seconds I would be demanding my money back. I just don't understand why people keep going back to buying these shows when you literally didn't have time to dip one chip into the salsa before the main event is over. You could literally watch a GIF of the fight and save yourself tons of money

UFC either needs to start rigging fights or start getting better fighters because 1 person shouldn't be knocking the other guy out that fast.

That is fucking dumb.  Anyway it's the way the game works you had the number 2 fighter conner who is young and hungry for a title vs the number 1 fighter aldo who is old and was talking about retirement i personally bet on a round 1 knockout anyone who watched mma for awhile could've predicted the outcome.  Best advice i was ever giving no matter how big or good you are it take's one punch apply that to every ufc fight.

That is fucking dumb.  Anyway it's the way the game works you had the number 2 fighter conner who is young and hungry for a title vs the number 1 fighter aldo who is old and was talking about retirement i personally bet on a round 1 knockout anyone who watched mma for awhile could've predicted the outcome.  Best advice i was ever giving no matter how big or good you are it take's one punch apply that to every ufc fight.

What is fucking dumb? You are selling a product for a lot of money and when the main event is shorter than the entrances that becomes a problem eventually.

UFC is having a very good year, but I don't know. I think these types of matches are going to hurt them after awhile. It would be OK if it happened once and it shocked the world. But how many of their big match fights have gone less than 1 minute this year alone... that would piss me off pretty quickly.

I mean if you are streaming this fight illegally or doing what I suggested and just watching a GIF of it that is fine, but if you paid money and flew out to see it and while watching the main event you decided to tie your shoe and missed the whole thing...I would be demanding my money back.

What is fucking dumb? You are selling a product for a lot of money and when the main event is shorter than the entrances that becomes a problem eventually.

UFC is having a very good year, but I don't know. I think these types of matches are going to hurt them after awhile. It would be OK if it happened once and it shocked the world. But how many of their big match fights have gone less than 1 minute this year alone... that would piss me off pretty quickly.

I mean if you are streaming this fight illegally or doing what I suggested and just watching a GIF of it that is fine, but if you paid money and flew out to see it and while watching the main event you decided to tie your shoe and missed the whole thing...I would be demanding my money back.

My friends older brother went to that fight last night. Don't think he'll be too happy to watch a 13 second fight after spending all the money on flights and accommodation  

then don't watch mma ever it's not for you.You demanding money back would be laughed at you paid for what you got a fight doesn't matter if it's 1 punch or 2000.

I watched the fight for free on snapchat haha, I'm happy McGregor won.

I was watching a YT video so I wasn't paying full attention to it. I looked up, seen the first punch go in and McGregor running up and climbing onto the octagon. Not too happy I stayed up until 6am to see it. Fight before it was really entertaining though. Best of the night 

then don't watch mma ever it's not for you.You demanding money back would be laughed at you paid for what you got a fight doesn't matter if it's 1 punch or 2000.

I don't watch MMA anymore but I am curious why you think you would be laughed at for demanding your money back for a shitty fight? I am just curious, how much did you pay for the fight? I am curious because I seriously doubt you dished out 60$ yesterday because you wouldn't be talking like this if you did.

• Like 2

I don't watch MMA anymore but I am curious why you think you would be laughed at for demanding your money back for a shitty fight? I am just curious, how much did you pay for the fight? I am curious because I seriously doubt you dished out 60$ yesterday because you wouldn't be talking like this if you did.

Because you got a fight with the number 1vs2 fighter NO ONE would give you a refund and of course i payd 60 i've done combat sports for 14 year's and attend mma events all the time. I don't understand how you can be upset you just got to see the what many will consider the greatest knockout in that division connor is just to good when you buy his future fights know it can end in seconds he's the mike tyson of that weight class.

Edited by ShadowStrike002

Because you got a fight with the number 1vs2 fighter NO ONE would give you a refund and of course i payd 60 i've done combat sports for 14 year's and attend mma events all the time.

Actually cable companies give refunds all the time. I have been a manager in a retail setting for over a decade and when you have upset customers you do what you can to make them not upset anymore.

You obviously are familiar with paying a lot of money for an exciting time only to get a premature finish so I will say Mazel Tov and bid my adieu :)

• Like 1

$60 is stupid, I don't care what you say that's a rip off, especially after seeing it for free on snapchat. Same thing happened with Rousey and Holms fight. Free on snapchat.

60 is fine you are getting 5 fight's what do you guys want them to hug eachother for 25 minutes you almost never get a back and forth fight the only 2 division's you will are 185 and 205 LHW.

Went three ways with my brother and a friend of mine for the pay-per-view... so considering the entire event costed me about $16 to see as it happened (it was $50 here, not sure why $60 seems to be the number), and the event as a whole was great even without that fight, I can't say I'm disappointed.

As a pretty casual UFC fan, I wouldn't find it disappointing anyways.  That kind of crazy, out-of-left-field, completely unexpected, surprise finish to that fight left me in awe.  I loved it.  It also helps that I loved McGregor's trash talking and shenanigans leading up to the fight, so I was rooting for him anyways.

I can understand why some real enthusiasts wouldn't like the result though.  The fight should've been a technical bloodbath.

Edited by FrecLognAizeW

The fight's ok for what it is i guess. I'd probably be a lot angrier if i had stayed up to watch it but i didn't. Gotta say McGregors punch was really impressive. Super fast and compact, yet that devastating (though that's probably mostly thanks to Aldos momentuum).

Worst fight I've seen in my life. Aldo was a beat man going into this. McGregor got into his head and beat him outside of the Octagon way before of this match. It was sad to see Aldo before the fight. I could tell from his face that a great champion is going down. He deserved a lot better then a lucky one punch. McGregor is a piece of shit, he doesn't respect anyone and talks way too much bullshit. Beats the shit out of me why this clown gets to be the king of the world. I watch MMA for good sportsmanship and great fights, not for this bullshit.

The real fight of the night was Weidman vs. Rockhold. Great stuff. Kinda dissappointed about Herb Deans performance as a referee though. I think the fight should of been stopped when Luke had him on the ground and pound.

Edited by LovesAnInjection

Worst fight I've seen in my life. Aldo was a beat man going into this. McGregor got into his head and beat him outside of the Octagon way before of this match. It was sad to see Aldo before the fight. I could tell from his face that a great champion is going down. He deserved a lot better then a lucky one punch. McGregor is a piece of shit, he doesn't respect anyone and talks way too much bullshit. Beats the shit out of me why this clown gets to be the king of the world. I watch MMA for good sportsmanship and great fights, not for this bullshit.

The real fight of the night was Weidman vs. Rockhold. Great stuff. Kinda dissappointed about Herb Deans performance as a referee though. I think the fight should of been stopped when Luke had him on the ground and pound.

I have to admit Aldo didn't look right coming into the arena all the way up to the bell. He definitely let McGregor get to him. I have no issue with McGregor, he uses the mind games to get in his opponents heads which is a common thing in combat sport and it worked. McGregor was respectful after the fight and praised Aldo as a great champion and he posted the same thing on social media earlier today. No such thing as a lucky punch, each shot is thrown with vicious intent and he timed it to perfection. he saw Aldo coming in, stepped left and timed him plain and simple, great finish.

Rockhold/Weidman was a great fight but Luke just had his number about halfway through round 1 it seemed. My first time watching him and he is a beast. No issue with the stoppage for me, i think Dean realised there wasn't time left on the clock and Weidman would make it through the round. If he got him 30 seconds earlier i reckon Herb steps in.

Overall a good card having watched prelims etc as well, not getting people's complaints in truth. I mean do they pay $60 to just watch the main event?!

Edited by freddie1989

Get used to it fighter's FINALLY learned talking trash makes them money and gets them title fights no one likes the silent respectful fighter's they don't draw anymore it's one of the reason's boxing is dying look at gate numbers shit talker's have the highest numbers and fans Brock lesnar, My boy frank mir, Rhonda,Jon jones,chael,conner ect this is the new age.

I have to admit Aldo didn't look right coming into the arena all the way up to the bell. He definitely let McGregor get to him. I have no issue with McGregor, he uses the mind games to get in his opponents heads which is a common thing in combat sport and it worked. McGregor was respectful after the fight and praised Aldo as a great champion and he posted the same thing on social media earlier today. No such thing as a lucky punch, each shot is thrown with vicious intent and he timed it to perfection. he saw Aldo coming in, stepped left and timed him plain and simple, great finish.

It wasnt't a lucky punch. I shouldn't have said that, I just think Conor has luck on his side and I don't like these bullshit matches that end in 2 seconds. They dont prove anything to me. Conor is gonna go down in the same fashion as Ronda. I liked him at first, but it's just way too much bullshit with him lately.

Get used to it fighter's FINALLY learned talking trash makes them money and gets them title fights no one likes the silent respectful fighter's they don't draw anymore it's one of the reason's boxing is dying look at gate numbers shit talker's have the highest numbers and fans Brock lesnar, My boy frank mir, Rhonda,Jon jones,chael,conner ect this is the new age.

Same reason Floyd Mayweather gets a guaranteed $32M a fight, he is an idiot and people want to see him lose!! Disagree on boxing dying mind, it is thriving currently with the eastern European takeover.

It wasnt't a lucky punch. I shouldn't have said that, I just think Conor has luck on his side and I don't like these bullshit matches that end in 2 seconds. They dont prove anything to me. Conor is gonna go down in the same fashion as Ronda. I liked him at first, but it's just way too much bullshit with him lately.

Agreed, they prove less than a dominant performance over the course. He gets the pulling power from it, its merely gamesmanship.

I do enjoy a little trash talk every once in a while. Especially ala Diaz Brothers. However I don't think Conor is a great trash talker. He just yells bullshit and doesn't let anyone else get a say. His more like a bully haha.