Cheap and Cheerful?

Jacob_Neal01

Anyone know any games for the Vita which are good, but also are fairly cheap? I have Velocity Ultra and PS All-Stars Battle Royale, but have beaten and platted both. With Christmas coming, I don't want to spend much, but need something to tide me over seeing as Worms Revolution Extreme is both difficult and repetitive.

It needs to be downloadable 

I was considering Dokuro - I think it's about £2 and has some good reviews. Any other suggestions?

P.S. Sorry if there is already a thread like this

The Ratchet and Clank, and the Jak and Daxter trilogy are both around £12, and I think they often come down in sales...  You'll get 3 games so plenty of play time for your monies.  I've never played Jak and Daxter, but I love R&C..  It depends what you're into?  :3 

Run Sackboy Run - It's a free game. It becomes repetitive and grindy later on, but I find myself getting back to it if I need a game to play for 5 minutes.

For the Ratchet / Jak / Sly debate - I strongly recommend Ratchet. It offers better replayability and more fluid gameplay. The Jak trilogy has very odd difficulty spikes, the Sly trilogy can be boring. Ratchet has neither faults.

Edited by fbdbh

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the "free games" section on your Vita.  Some of them are really microtransactiony, like My Singing Monsters, but there are some good playable games in there, like Run Sackboy Run, Jetpack Joyride, Vitamin Z, and Treasures of Montezuma: Arena. (Note on that last one, it is Arena that is really good, Blitz is super grindy and is more geared towards microtransactions.  If you don't see Arena, do a search for it.)  Fat Princess - Piece of Cake is a pretty good free game too, but it has huge difficulty spikes that try to force you into spending money, so it can get frustrating/grindy at times.

So, free games that I think are good (personally):

Jetpack Joyride

Vitamin Z

Run Sackboy Run

Treasures of Montezuma: Arena

Invokers Tournament (Online only)

Fat Princess - Piece of Cake (sort of)

Frobisher Says is okay too.

Free games that I didn't like, or are microtransaction generators:

Treasures of Montezuma: Blitz

My Singing Monsters

Shake Spears

Get Off My Lawn

Desert Ashes

Also, if you are poor and want to get the most bang for your buck, look into Rainbow Moon.  It's a tactical RPG, so if that's not your thing then maybe avoid it, but I have 111 hours into it and it's easily the longest game I've played so far.  I think it might be $14.99, but it goes on sale all the time, and I would expect it to go on sale some more since I believe a sequel is scheduled for release this year and they probably want to get more people interested in buying it by selling the first game at a discount.