Trails of Cold Steel Trophy List Discussion

Depending on how it goes, either the 100 hours will be no big deal or a pain in the ass.

If you have never played Kiseki game before, you may find yourself in 100 hours in the first playthrough :awesome:

But the game requires two playthroughs anyway so, 100 hours is nothing.

And before you guys see it in Kiseki PP, here's a guide =D

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/2055-%E8%8B%B1%E9%9B%84%E4%BC%9D%E8%AA%AC-%E9%96%83%E3%81%AE%E8%BB%8C%E8%B7%A1-Trophy-Guide

Don't think I'll get the game until April though or until I've completed Trails in the Sky SC.

Btw, you don't really need to complete Sora SC, like yea, you will understand

what Oliver is doing in Sen

but other than that, Sen is pretty much split entry. Since he is the only one returning character for explained in Sora SC reasons.

The connections are pretty much like this.

Sora SC + Sora FC

Sora TC + Zero + Ao

Sen I + Sen II + Sen III

Also, you probably want to get US version, because... NISA is distributing it in EU xD

And before anyone says otherwise, Fii best girl :awesome:

Fii > Alisa > Orion > Emma > Laura

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

If you have never played Kiseki game before, you may find yourself in 100 hours in the first playthrough :awesome:

But the game requires two playthroughs anyway so, 100 hours is nothing.

And before you guys see it in Kiseki PP, here's a guide =D

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/2055-%E8%8B%B1%E9%9B%84%E4%BC%9D%E8%AA%AC-%E9%96%83%E3%81%AE%E8%BB%8C%E8%B7%A1-Trophy-Guide

but other than that, Sen is pretty much split entry. Since he is the only one returning character for explained in Sora SC reasons.

Sora SC + Sora FC

Sora TC + Zero + Ao

Sen I + Sen II + Sen III

Also, you probably want to get US version, because... NISA is distributing it in EU xD

And before anyone says otherwise, Fii best girl :awesome:

Fii > Alisa > Orion > Emma > Laura

I know BUT I loved the first game and I want to see how the story pans out before I begin the other game. And most importantly.....backlog.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm traveling to the US in April, that's also why I'm waiting.

Edited by Edunstar84

I know BUT I loved the first game and I want to see how the story pans out before I begin the other game. And most importantly.....backlog.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm traveling to the US in April, that's also why I'm waiting.

Then you better join the Kiseki PP and import the EVO versions :awesome:

Hey guys, I have a question: the Trails in the Sky's store page says it's the first game of trilogy, so... Trails of Cold Steel is the third game? Or there is a third game in Trails in the Sky series that is not out in US yet? We only have Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky SC right now.

You could read at least one post above =D

Sora SC + Sora FC

Sora TC + Zero + Ao

Sen I + Sen II + Sen III

The third Sora/TiTS game is not currently planned for release.

XSEED is waiting for Sora SC and possibly Sen sales to decide whether it will be profitable.

Plus, TC has some... let's say... not pleasant themes in the PC version that were removed from the PSP one.

As I said in the quoted post, Sen no Kiseki (Trails of Cold Steel) is something like new opening to the series so XSEED decided to localize that one.

• Like 1

Then you better join the Kiseki PP and import the EVO versions :awesome:

You could read at least one post above =D

The third Sora/TiTS game is not currently planned for release.

XSEED is waiting for Sora SC and possibly Sen sales to decide whether it will be profitable.

Plus, TC has some... let's say... not pleasant themes in the PC version that were removed from the PSP one.

As I said in the quoted post, Sen no Kiseki (Trails of Cold Steel) is something like new opening to the series so XSEED decided to localize that one.

Well, i read the post, but it wasn't clear for me anyway :P  Thanks for answering. It's good to know they are localizing this new series from the start, hope it sells enough to keep these games coming.

Hey guys, I have a question: the Trails in the Sky's store page says it's the first game of trilogy, so... Trails of Cold Steel is the third game? Or there is a third game in Trails in the Sky series that is not out in US yet? We only have Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky SC right now.

This is a separate saga.

Trails in the Sky has a 3rd chapter that Xseed will publish if the 2nd chapter sells well.

• Like 1

This is actually the sixth one.

Along with the ones released in the west (Trails in the Sky, and Trails SC), there's also the 3rd, Zero and Azure before this one. None of them are confirmed for western release

Edited by DesmaBR

I never played any of the others that were released in this series, both in the west and otherwise. I won't have any problems understanding the story, right?

As a whole, no. You will just not catch some references that will surely be there.

That's why XSEED decided to localize this rather than Zero/Ao which are connected to Sora trilogy.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I never played any of the others that were released in this series, both in the west and otherwise. I won't have any problems understanding the story, right?

This one is basically just world building, so no need to play the other ones.

Cold Steel II, on the other hand, gonna be a mess without the other ones

I hate difficulty-based trophies, but other than that this looks like a pretty normal RPG list.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I love difficulty related trophies. It encourages you to actually get better at the game instead of just winging it on easier dificulties.

I wanted there to be a trophy in God of War III for beating on Chaos so it could really sperate somewhat good and really good players on the list because I personally found Titan to be easy.

OT: That is a really nice looking trophy list image. Wasn't excpecting that to be honest. As far as the trophy list itself, it looks grindy I'm gonna be running around everywhere for monsters and fish yelling "WHERE IS IT?!" as I franticly look for the last one(s). I see bad memories of Ys coming to me now....

Edited by Blue Flare
  • Like 1

OT: That is a really nice looking trophy list image. Wasn't excpecting that to be honest. As far as the trophy list itself, it looks grindy I'm gonna be running around everywhere for monsters and fish yelling "WHERE IS IT?!" as I franticly look for the last one(s). I see bad memories of Ys coming to me now....

Nah. Kiseki games usually serve you all new enemies in one go.

The bios will be uglier =D

It doesn't seem like much effort was put into the trophy list at all. It looks like a pretty generic list, complete with unimaginative trophy images and descriptions, but oh well. I'm sure the game will be fantastic and that's all that matters to me. This will be my first Legend of Heroes game, so I really have no idea what I'm getting myself into, so I think I'll do my first playthrough without worrying about trophies and just focus on enjoying it. With the way Satoshi goes on about this series, I'm expecting great things.  :D

It doesn't seem like much effort was put into the trophy list at all. It looks like a pretty generic list, complete with unimaginative trophy images and descriptions, but oh well. I'm sure the game will be fantastic and that's all that matters to me.

Actually, compared to Japanese list, it's actually quite imaginative =D

Especially with the fact that all Kiseki games have literally the same Plat name and description =D

THE LEGEND OF HEROES

全てのトロフィーを獲得した。

Compared to that, at least the Plat name is a bit better =D

This will be my first Legend of Heroes game, so I really have no idea what I'm getting myself into, so I think I'll do my first playthrough without worrying about trophies and just focus on enjoying it. With the way Satoshi goes on about this series, I'm expecting great things.  :D

Ugh... :D Just don't expect that much, okay? =D

I don't like saying it, since it will be the opening to Kiseki series for many people, but Sen I is probably the worst game in the series =D

That's why I was pretty conflicted when XSEED-sama decided to localize this one =D 

As I said, it's expected from business perspective, but not that much from series perspective =D

And I'm even more conflicted if I should play this before Sora or not xDDDD On one hand, I want high achiever rank, but on the other I want to have Sora FC and SC to be first on my profile xDDD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Actually, compared to Japanese list, it's actually quite imaginative =D

Especially with the fact that all Kiseki games have literally the same Plat name and description =D

THE LEGEND OF HEROES

全てのトロフィーを獲得した。

Compared to that, at least the Plat name is a bit better =D

Hell yeah! Slightly better plat name and description. Take that Japan!  xD Who says that they get all the good stuff we don't?  :P  

Ugh... :D Just don't expect that much, okay? =D

I don't like saying it, since it will be the opening to Kiseki series for many people, but Sen I is probably the worst game in the series =D

That's why I was pretty conflicted when XSEED-sama decided to localize this one =D 

As I said, it's expected from business perspective, but not that much from series perspective =D

And I'm even more conflicted if I should play this before Sora or not xDDDD On one hand, I want high achiever rank, but on the other I want to have Sora FC and SC to be first on my profile xDDD

Okay fine, I guess I can temper my expectations a little, but only a little!  :D Even if it's one of the worst in the series, I'm sure it's still better than a lot of the... Ugh... Western RPGs out there.  :awesome: If nothing else, it will tide me over until I get around to playing Trails in the Sky. Besides, if this game sells well, maybe it will convince the almighty XSEED-sama to localize more of their games. We can only hope, right?  ^_^

Don't think I'll get the game until April though or until I've completed Trails in the Sky SC.

I seriously didn't want to hype, but now that I finally finished it (remember, if you DON'T want to finish a game if you are really close to it, it means you don't want to stop playing :D and you enjoy it too much you don't want to stop =D), I have to =D

Play it, you just have to play it =D Even though I have very special feelings towards FC, SC completely won me over. SC > FC, definitely =)

Also, I'm not sure if you are playing already, but I do hope you are using proper party (Tita, Kloe and Estelle :awesome:)

Hell yeah! Slightly better plat name and description. Take that Japan!  xD Who says that they get all the good stuff we don't?  :P  

And now my "prove that Japan is superior" genes start working,

check these lists :awesome:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3617-%E8%8B%B1%E9%9B%84%E4%BC%9D%E8%AA%AC-%E7%A9%BA%E3%81%AE%E8%BB%8C%E8%B7%A1-FC-Evolution

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4146-%E8%8B%B1%E9%9B%84%E4%BC%9D%E8%AA%AC-%E7%A9%BA%E3%81%AE%E8%BB%8C%E8%B7%A1-SC-Evolution

Only in Japan :awesome:

Okay fine, I guess I can temper my expectations a little, but only a little!  :D Even if it's one of the worst in the series, I'm sure it's still better than a lot of the... Ugh... Western RPGs out there.  :awesome: If nothing else, it will tide me over until I get around to playing Trails in the Sky. 

And if you do, you will definitely want to go back to ultra hype, because TiTS IS the perfection =D

Besides, if this game sells well, maybe it will convince the almighty XSEED-sama to localize more of their games. We can only hope, right?  ^_^

Hopefully, hopefully =D In any case, it would be PC games, though.

Sora, Zero and Ao EVO games cannot be localized due to licensing issues and different developer. 

So if eventually, Sen games get EVO versions (for PS5/6), they also won't probably be localized.

• Like 1

I kinda like how the trophies look. It's lazy but the better kind of lazy, because at least the image that's being reused is quite pretty. Looking forward to the game.

Many games have lists like that, but they look stupid on this site casue the gaps between the images are too big.