Does Saints Row 2 not have trophies?

Yeah, but it's a great game. It's really cheap but as you have PS+ you'll get it for free. If you've never played a Saints Row game before it's more like the old GTAs. Basically full of crazy open world shit that you can do. I would highly recommend playing it. It's probably one of the funner games of this console generation.

Edited by Crimson-Cobalt

Yeah I just got plus and I wanted to look up the trophy list but couldn't see one. Oh well I'll probably still download it. I loved 3. Need to get back to it though. I need to find like one last hidden package that for the life of me I can't find :(. One day I'll get back to it.

Costs money.

True, but the amount has to be negligible especially when the other platform has all the trophies named and thought of, so all that would be needed would be code it in. There are tons of people that play games just for trophies, or decide to buy older games on the 360 for the achievements and developers know this, so yes, it would cost money to add the trophies but I think they would more than make that money back.

Parker

• Like 1

True, but the amount has to be negligible especially when the other platform has all the trophies named and thought of, so all that would be needed would be code it in. There are tons of people that play games just for trophies, or decide to buy older games on the 360 for the achievements and developers know this, so yes, it would cost money to add the trophies but I think they would more than make that money back.

It's the testing that takes money. I remember e-mailing Insomniac a long while back about trophy patches, and what they said was that they'd have to test the whole game again to make sure it all works.

I also heard that Sony charge developers $20,000 for every patch needed for a game (although I think the first patch is free). I'm guessing a trophy patch would be charged in the same way.

Still , half of what Micrsosoft charges and for companies like THQ 20,000$ is like loose change. Doesn't matter though. Even without trophy support it's definitely worth playing. Trophies are a fun and challenging side distraction but one should never not play games because trophies are not available. That's especially true if the game is a quality tile like Saints Row 2. Still, I would prefer a trophy patch but I highly doubt that one will ever be released.

Edited by Crimson-Cobalt
  • Like 1

Parker

But a game that is as old as Saints Row 2 probably wouldn't get any new games sales for the trophies, or for that matter a sale that would affect the developers. Perhaps if they had a downloadable version of the game and only that had trophies (or the trophies were a DLC patch) it would be profitable, but without any knowledge of the cost of testing I would suspect that the trophy DLC would not be profitable.

Shame though, it'd be a great excuse to play some great classics again.

Still , half of what Micrsosoft charges and for companies like THQ 20,000$ is like loose change. Doesn't matter though. Even without trophy support it's definitely worth playing. Trophies are a fun and challenging side distraction but one should never not play games because trophies are not available. That's especially true if the game is a quality tile like Saints Row 2. Still, I would prefer a trophy patch but I highly doubt that one will ever be released.

Maybe it's actually $40,000 per patch that Sony charges and not $20,000 :hmm: .

I totally agree with your post though. I had lots of fun playing Saints Row 2, and while trophies would have been a nice bonus, they couldn't have made me enjoy the game any more than I did already. Still haven't got round to playing Saints Row: The Third yet though :blush:

Edited by Stevieboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a great game, and a trophy patch would be nice, just as long as it's nothing like the 360's achievement list, since that required you to play the online mode on specific days just to earn special medals. There was talk shortly after Saint's Row 1's 360 release of it also being ported to PS3, but sadly, that never eventuated.

Oh well, good thing that if I ever wanted to get this game again, I can download it for free from the PlayStation Store, since I got the pre-order pack for Saint's Row: The Third, which even though it says that it's a limited time discount (the discount period expired a while ago), when I checked the other day, it could still get it for free.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

The 360 got Achievements right from the start in 2005. The PS3 didn't get trophies until late 2008, and weren't mandatory for all games until 2009. 

So most, if not all, games on the 360 had Achievements. But if the same PS3 version came out before 2009...only a few of them got trophy patches. SR2 wasn't one of them.