PaaRappa the Rapper 2 Trophy Discussion Thread

demonoid321

No platinum makes me sad :( that means it'll be cheaper though right, considering how the last batch were?

Games like this that don't have a plat usually go around 9-20 dollars but it also depends on how the developers want to put for a price. Most games like this go around 9-20 but some games with no plats go for full retail price which is kinda crazy.. 

Games like this that don't have a plat usually go around 9-20 dollars but it also depends on how the developers want to put for a price. Most games like this go around 9-20 but some games with no plats go for full retail price which is kinda crazy.. 

The last two PS2 games with no platinum cost about 9.99 dollars both, I think PS2 games that doesn't have a plat cost 9.99 dollars, and those who have a plat cost 14.99 dollars.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I may look into getting this

But I'd rather have Space Channel 5 :')

Still, it is disappointing to see no Platinum, you can just tell these emulations without platinums aren't going to sell anywhere near as well as those with a Platinum

Us gamers are a fickle bunch

Obscure and Obscure 2 next, pls. With platinums

I'd rather have Space Channel 5 :')

Space Channel 5 Part 2 is on the PSN store. Or at least it was. Either way I've had it in my list for about 3 years, finally got my first trophy in it a month or two back though. No plat also.

Space Channel 5 (the original) though, that's not had any re-releases that I know of.

Edit: I just looked, it's still on the Aussie store, for $6.75, and it's all remastered textures and stuff, it looks as great as a Dreamcast game ever will. Take into consideration that most PS4 PS2 games are $22.95 here, so the price difference is substantial, if part 2 would do it for you, I'd say grab that one, it has a trophy list and everything else you'd want really. 

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

What I meant was that when the last set of PS2 games released, the ones without plats were cheaper than those with them

Space Channel 5 Part 2 is on the PSN store. Or at least it was. Either way I've had it in my list for about 3 years, finally got my first trophy in it a month or two back though. No plat also.

Space Channel 5 (the original) though, that's not had any re-releases that I know of.

Edit: I just looked, it's still on the Aussie store, for $6.75, and it's all remastered textures and stuff, it looks as great as a Dreamcast game ever will. Take into consideration that most PS4 PS2 games are $22.95 here, so the price difference is substantial, if part 2 would do it for you, I'd say grab that one, it has a trophy list and everything else you'd want really. 

I only have a PS4, so I can't get Part 2, I did have it when I had a PS3 and I enjoyed it. Games are a lot more affordable in England, the PS2 games are £11.99

• Like 1

All this is giving me hope they'll release Crash and Spyro on here (they will. They are too damn popular not to and they're already up on normal PSN) WITH Platinum trophies. 

Here, Here, i'm hoping 100% the same too, the day it happens, i'm gonna go crazy and it defo would be a 1st day purchase

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2015 at 4:06 AM, TeabagMcFrag said:

So basically all I need to do is beat the game with the yellow hat then get Cool on all stages.

This'll be a nostalgic trip back to 2002.

Only. Lol Getting and maintaining Cool mode is absolutely ridiculous in this game compared to Parappa 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 11/7/2019 at 1:45 AM, MarioMan200 said:

How do you get cool ratings easily? I still don't know how it works.

Honestly it’s a lot of luck. What I would suggest to try to do is fill in the spaces between the beats instead of on the beats. It usually has to be pretty perfectly timed. To keep cool just keep doing what got you into cool in the first place. Even that doesn’t work all the time as I’ve descended from cool rank many times for not playing good enough. Good luck it’s definitely not easy.