effdeegee's Game A Day! (event finished)

Cast your vote for game #31!  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for game #31!

• Aliens vs Predator
    • Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
    • Dead Island
    • Dead Nation
    • DOOM 3
    • Fallout New Vegas
    • Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

1. Beyond two souls was an interesting game and it's a quick and easy plat

You really seemed to want to play Game of Thrones so I'll list it here

Walking dead season 2 is also quick and easy 100%

South Park Stick of truth got me to laugh a few times. Could be a nice game to play the day after playing a serious game

Final Fantasy XIII was fun for me so I'll recommend it

COD MW2 is pretty easy

Resident Evil 5 because generic sports game wasn't good enough :P

Jak 3 because it's easy

Skyrim because I can't think of any others from your list

Edited by Urushiro

1. Dead Space, this is a survival horror classic at this point and its one of the greats on ps3. I'd recommend the second one even more but you must play this one first. 

2. Guacamelee, spectacular metroidvania game 

3. Demons Souls, then. 

4. Smackdown vs Raw 2010, awh HELL YEAH THIS IS A CLASSIC. 

5. Bioshock Infinite! Because, well, you dont really need to have played the other ones to enjoy it.

6. Just Cause 2, mindless destruction on a poverty stricken-dictatorship run-island. What more could you ask?

7. WET, I played this years ago when it came out on Xbox and I wonder if its as good as I remember it...probably not but oh well! 

8. Street Fighter IV, because it doesnt seem you play many fighting games and this will go from boring, to fun, to bullshit in a matter of hours. Good old fighting games.

9. Split Second, this game had some AWESOME moments in it, especially for a racing game. Although its difficulty spike is insane, you probably wont get that far for it to matter.

10. Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2  :awesome:

Edit: Practically all my choices were moot because I can't follow simple instructions. xD

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 2

1. Skyrim -

This is the game that convinced me RPGs are my favorite genre. It will probably be my fiances first platinum, as well.

2. Flower -

Seriously, you haven't finished these? It's a mostly relaxing game. I recently started it up again on the Vita. The PS3 is a bit easier to control. (I recommend the touch controls for the Vita, over the motion ones,but try both and make your own decision.) One of the trophies for the PS3 edition was also edited for the Vita and PS4.

3. Guacamelee! -

I am not crazy about performers, but this one amuses me. (It still makes fun of me for my lack of skill in platforms, but little by little I am progressing!)

4. Game of Thrones -

I haven't played the Telltale one, but I really enjoyed the other one ď for the story mostly, very Game of Thrones-y). It's a bit of a hit or miss whether people like it or not. Wasn't sure if that's the game you mean here, or is it's the Telltale one. Either way, it's definitely do-able, at well.

5. Beyond Two Souls -

I have been wondering if I should pick up a copy of this game. If you try it out, then I will have your opinion in my facts for decorating.

6. Dragon Age Origins -

My fiance loved it and picked up a copy for me for the PS3. It's still in my backlog, too.

7. Batman Arkham Origins -

Because he's Batman?

8. Sports Champions -

Because you can exercise while playing a game. My arms would literally ache for several days after doing the gladiator championships. I need to get back to this game, get closer to finishing it...

9. Gran Turismo 5 -

Of all the games that could have gotten me into trophy hunting, it had to be this one... Servers are down now, so the Platinum is impossible due to a pair of silly online trophies, and there will be more grinding for money and experience since there are no more online events or bonuses. So this is going at the bottom of my recommendation list. I love the game, but I also like you and don't want you to suffer too much should you want to "fix" your completion date after all of this.

Edited by SolarCat02
  • Like 1

1. Okami - So there's at least one good game on the list

2. Final Fantasy X - What better way to start a list of PS3 games than 2 remasters

3. Driver San Fransisco - There's something about the online. I forgot what it was

4. Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 - I'm just trying to use you as a guinea pig to see if Cabela games are any good

5. de Blob 2 - Because the blobs look cute

6. Inversion - The guy on the boxart is so badass he ignores gravity. How bad can that premise be?

7. Michael Jackson's the Experience - Moonwalker wasn't an option

8. Jimmie Johnson's Anything With an Engine - That's just an awesome name

9. Star Trek - So there's at least one bad game on the list

• Like 1

1. Mass Effect 2

2. South Park: Stick of Truth

3. Uncharted 3

4. Bioshock Infinite

5. GTA IV

6. Need For Speed: Shift

7. Fallout: New Vegas

8. Watch_Dogs

9. Beyond Two Souls

I've had a lot of fun with these games and most of them had me hooked in a day. Which is why I recommended them.

• Like 1

1. Sonic Unleashed (This game is fantastic, seriously recommend)

2. Jak 3
3. Rayman Origins
4. Tomb Raider: Underworld
5. The Walking Dead Season 2

6. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

7. Guacamelee!

8. Playstation All Starts Battle Royale

9. Watch_Dogs

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

*snip*

*snip*

You both picked a PSASBR for the Vita. Picks need to be taken from the PS3 titles. :(

I have the 100% for PSASBR on PS3 already. :awesome:

Also, I just hit my LIKE quota for the day, bukky. I'll come back for you when they're restocked. :)

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

1. Aliens vs Predator

This game is pretty enjoyable if you're into the aliens/predator franchise. It's not the best game ever made but definitely not the worst either. It has 3 campaigns, so if you start playing the game definitely go with the Marine campaign. It'll have some of the same moments as in Aliens 2, so if you're into that definitely worth a play. Plat wise, you'll have some work :P

2. Brink  :devil: 

I can still remember the hype i had around this game. Only to be disappointed immensely when playing it. Nevertheless, i think you should play it :P

3. Call of Duty: World at War

The best entry in a somewhat mediocre franchise. If you're going to play a CoD game, make sure it's this one.

4. Bulletstorm

This game was a lot of fun. Corny jokes, over the top brutal action and a pretty solid story. Definitely a title that has flown under most gamers' radars. Sadly the platinum is unobtainable now as the servers are down. You won't miss a lot though, the MP wasn't all that fun.

5. Dead Nation

I think by now, everyone has this game in their download list from either PS+ or a sale. I played it on a whim and i ended up buying all the versions (on a sale ofcourse) just to i could stack the other lists. Definitely worth trying out.

6. F1 Race Stars

Mario Kart with chibi F1 drivers, just play it.

7. Mass effect 2

How have you not played this? It's one of the best RPG franchises the PS3 has to offer and by far the best story driven space adventure franchises currently available. Drop everything you're doing and put it in your ps3! :awesome:

8. South Park: The Stick of Truth

My personal goty 2014

9. WET

Tarantino: The game would be a more appropriate title for this gritty 3rd person action game. Also it has that slo-mo bullet time everyone seems to love from the Max Payne series. 

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

Just a friendly reminder for voters to put their lists in the order of "must play the most".

I'm seeing lots of alphabetical order and other anomalies that I don't think are coincidences. :ninja:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV

2. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

3. Max Payne 3

4. Battlefield Bad Company 2

5. Resistance 2

6. Dishonored

7. Just Cause 2

8. Duke Nukem Forever.

9. Inversion

Gibbo's liking the guns. Odd for an Australian. :P Good list.

1. Demons Souls

2. Okami

3. Dragon Age Origins

4. Wolfenstein

5. Final Fantasy X

6. Dead Space

7. The Darkness 2

8. Dead Nation

9. Doom 3

BT's lovin' the D's. :ninja:

heyyyooo :awesome: loljk BT :kiss:

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 4

Smackdown vs Raw because wrestling

Call of duty world at war - favourite in the series (make sure you play some zombies)

South Park Stick of Truth - it's really funny

Street Fighter 4 - because i'm salty a how bad I was at it

Bioshock infinite - Great Game

Guacamelee! - It's so good.

Aliens Vs Predator - loved this game when I first played

Star trek because it's apparently really bad

Fifa 2010 World Cup because I really liked playing it with friends and it brings back good memories for me :P

Also i really like this idea! :)

• Like 1

1. Dead Space

2. Dead Space 2

3. Yakuza 3

4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Directors Cut? DLC here is also really cool and they tweaked some things gameplay wise)

5. Yakuza 4

6. WET

7. Dishonored (Is your copy GOTY? The DLC is actually fantastic minus dunwall city trials)

8. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

9. Final Fantasy X

Just some cool games I enjoyed a lot.

Edited by FearForDignity
  • Like 1

I'm only listing games I've platinumed as I feel I got the full experience and can honestly recommend playing them.

Borderlands 2 (one of my favorite games, great humor, beautiful game, must play)

Mass Effect 2 (best ME game, and just in general a fantastic experience)

Dishonored (really great stealth game, if you play it that way)

Bioshock Infinite (amazing game, should be in the top 3, so close...)

Beyond 2 Souls (its like heavy rain with a sci-fi element, and the controls are a little improved, really great story too)

Metro Last Light (really enjoyed this and i'm not much for the horror/jumps care genre, though this really wasn't bad at all in that regard)

Watch Dogs (didn't live up to the hype, but once you upgrade a little it's pretty fun)

Yakuza 3 (only one in the series i've played, was a lot of fun)

Sports Champions (so my plat rarity goes up :P)

• Like 1

You getting a single trophy in everyone of these games is going to change that lovely completion rate you have, however, it's a lovely idea you have here. Tackle that backlog.

1. Black ops - Fantastic single player campaign. Was the best MP I've ever played and don't even get me started on Zombies. I'm sure the servers and hackers have gone to sh#$ since I've played this last but definitely ranks high on my list of must play single player campaigns.

2. Dead space - Favorite series of all time. Need to start with the first one. Most scary. Not too difficult and great deal of fun.

3. Resident Evil 5 - My favorite of the series so far. The original was great but this in co-op took the cake.

4. Black ops 2 - Not as good as the first but the campaign is still right up there. The zombies took a hit imo but the MP was/is still lot's of fun.

5. Dead space 2 - Continues the lovely series but increases the difficulty of the plat 10fold. Good luck on your hardcore run lolz.

6. Payday - If you get a good team, this game is great. Grindy but lots of fun and very difficult/rewarding plat.

7. Far Cry 4 - I enjoyed this on the PS4. 3 was far superior to this but I'm a huge fan of where they're taking this series.

8. Tomb raider underworld - Running out of games I've played in your list. This game isn't the best but it's Tomb Raider. I wish they would go back to how the first two games were and stop turning them into adventure games.

9. TV Superstars - If I have to plat this, someone else should feel my pain. Controls are lousy and hard to get right. One day I'll actually try to finish this but man it was a bad buy.

Edited by the_couchster
  • Like 1

Just had a top secret list come through the back channels from an annonymous source. :ninja:

1. Dead Space

2. Bioshock

3. DOOM 3

4. Dead Island

5. Resident Evil 5

6. Motorstorm Apocalypse

7. Flower

8. Beyond Two Souls

9. Just Cause 2

Sure. This is just what you want to play and say it's anonymous

Dead Space 1+2 (2 is my favorite ps3 game, 1 is almost as good. I can't recommend these games enough)

Bioshock 1 (seriously, this game is awesome)

FF X (my favorite ps2 game)

Enslaved (great story, good gameplay)

Rayman Origins (it's like legends, without the online grind)

Skyrim (you've heard all the reasons)

DA:Origins ( I played through the whole game, then immediately started another character to see all the alternate decisions... Before i was a trophy hunter)

New Vegas (so much to see and so, just keep a couple saves)

Have fun

• Like 1

Ran out of likes again. <_< Gonna have to wait a few hours to regain some more. :(

It's safe to say that several titles are starting to pull ahead in the standings. I'll probably be able to pull all 30 from the lists but, if there's a tie of some sort with the lower numbers, I might add a poll for some absolute results.

Great lists everybody. Getting pretty hyped.

Edited by effdeegee