effdeegee's Game A Day! (event finished)

Cast your vote for game #31!  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for game #31!

• Aliens vs Predator
    • Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
    • Dead Island
    • Dead Nation
    • DOOM 3
    • Fallout New Vegas
    • Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Okay,. definitely will bite. I am busy finishing up the plat for LEGO LoTR right now so I can't join you but here's my suggestion:

1. de Blob 2: The Underground (I have that game now and enjoyed the short test play I did of it)
  2. Tales of Symphonia
  3. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (You have ToS Chronicles, I assume. I used to have that. I beat ToS on the Gamecube and loved that game.)
  4. Jak 3 (You still haven't plat that game? Well, I have not completed it and have a hatred towards it for the first race, but I think you should get going on it, it'd be sinful to leave the Jak collection incomplete)
  5. Mass Effect 2
  6. Mass Effect 3 (If you have these two and platinumed the first game, again, the series shouldn't be hanging)
  7. LittleBigPlanet 2 (I know you need boosters for that, trust me, but I've completed it and love the story mode and, if I ever get the hang of a booster thread, I'll try to get the LittleBigPlanet series platinumed)
  8. Final Fantasy X
  9. Final Fantasy X-2 (finished these games on the original, loved them, only thing that keeps me away is Lightning Dodger. :( )
  • Like 1

If they don't then they won't be givens anymore :P

Vote for too popular game, the vote is wasted in the masses; vote for too obscure game, the vote is wasted to lack of support.

Then again, I might just be over thinking a Canadian bell asking the world what to play for a month. :P

• Like 3

Lightning Dodger.

I did this legit like three times on ps2. It's not as bad as it seems. HOWEVER, there is a way to make it easier. Obviously get a no-encounter accessory first.In one of the screens(I think the 2nd one) there is a crater that strikes EVERY time you step in it. This takes all the mystery out of timing the bolts. Just run in, dodge, wait a half second, run back in before you get a random strike, and doge again, repeat. It's tedious to keep track of your dodges but it's really not as hard as it sounds. Edited by Hemiak

1. Okami

2. Final Fantasy XIII

3. South Park

4. Tales of Symphonia

5. The Walking Dead Season 2

6. Guacamelee!

7. Rayman Origins

8. Flowers

9. Final Fantasy X

10. Jak 3 - just to get over it xD

Edit:had to edit.. Forgot to include south park

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

I put the list of over 166 games on a random number generator and this was the list that it made. Surprised to see the decent output as luck seems to be on your side.

1. F1 Race Stars

2. Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition

3. The Sims 3

4. Dead Island GOTY Edition

5. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

6. Ghost Recon Future Soldier

7. Mass Effect 2

8. TV Superstars

9. Jak 3

• Like 1

I put the list of over 166 games on a random number generator and this was the list that it made. Surprised to see the decent output as luck seems to be on your side.

1. F1 Race Stars

2. Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition

3. The Sims 3

4. Dead Island GOTY Edition

5. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

6. Ghost Recon Future Soldier

7. Mass Effect 2

8. TV Superstars

9. Jak 3

I was kinda hoping that people would give their personal endorsements for each game suggested and not leave it up to an RNG. Using an RNG also sets a pretty dishonest precedent for all future lists submitted. :(

Skyrim

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Tales of Symphonia

The Walking Dead Season 2

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy X

Smackdown vs Raw 2010

WWE 12

Game of Thrones

Uncharted 3 (because I cant find something else in the list that I want to pick other than vita games) apparently I failed again and only needed 9 not 10... thatll teach me to read a post, and answer later in the day

Edited by Darkskilling
  • Like 1

I was kinda hoping that people would give their personal endorsements for each game suggested and not leave it up to an RNG. Using an RNG also sets a pretty dishonest precedent for all future lists submitted. :(

My main problem with choosing games from your list is that I haven't played most of them so I'd only be able to recommend maybe three or four that you should play. Plus the Lottery was also chosen with a RNG and I thought it could work for this situation as well. Fine, I'll try again and just choose some games that might be good.

1. Okami

2. Final Fantasy X

3. Bioshock

4. South Park: The Stick of Truth

5  Max Payne 3

6. Far Cry 4

7. Just Cause 2

8. Resistance 3

9. Dead or Alive 5

• Like 2

My main problem with choosing games from your list is that I haven't played most of them so I'd only be able to recommend maybe three or four that you should play. Plus the Lottery was also chosen with a RNG and I thought it could work for this situation as well. Fine, I'll try again and just choose some games that might be good.

1. Okami

2. Final Fantasy X

3. Bioshock

4. South Park: The Stick of Truth

5  Max Payne 3

6. Far Cry 4

7. Just Cause 2

8. Resistance 3

9. Dead or Alive 5

29, actually.

Very interesting resubmission, though. Intriguing to see South Park, Far Cry and Resistance made the cut over the 23 others we had in common.

29, actually.

Very interesting resubmission, though. Intriguing to see South Park, Far Cry and Resistance made the cut over the 23 others we had in common.

29? I'll clarify then, 3 or 4 games I would actually recommend to anyone as I don't like putting multiple games of a series on lists (sorry Infinite), there were some that were alright (Enslaved) or some that are putrid garbage(Dawn of the New World). Max Payne 3 I only touched the multiplayer once so I don't really have an opinion on it besides it being from Rockstar so it might be good while Just Cause 2 and Dead or Alive 5 were thrown in there to have some variety as the former is a timesink sandbox without a plot and the latter is a fighter. I do happen to have South Park and the other two games in my backlog. There might be more games in common between us if I bothered to catalog my physical and digital backlogs, maybe one of these days.

I'm glad DOA5 was put in there. Nobody else suggested it and it's one of those games I remember buying and thinking, "I haven't played a fighter in decades but, for some reason, this makes me wanna see how the games have grown."

If I can't collect a definitive list of 30 from all of the suggestions, and DOA5 ends up being one of a few with a single vote, I'll add a poll and we'll see who else feels the same about Asian chicks kicking the crap out of each other. :D

1) Guacamelee! - Just plain awesome.

2) Demon's Souls - The best Souls game, bit of a learning curve.

3) Borderlands 2 GOTY - Just a fun OTT FPS

4) BioShock Infinite - Another FPS, great story and gameplay in general.

5) South Park: The Stick Of Truth - Hilarious RPG, even if you're not a big of South Park TV show.

6) Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - I'm not usually into racers, but this game is great. Really fun and a bit challenging too. (I've played Transformed, can't imagine this one is too much different.)

7) WET - A gritty third person action game, very fun.

8) Crysis 3 - Couldn't decide between 2 or 3, I'm going with 3 because the MP is great fun and the story, although not the best, the bow was really fun to play about with.

9) Dead Nation - Not played it, but I've heard good things.

Edited by Cobby
  • Like 1

I've been silently observing the forums for a while now :ninja: so I thought why not join in:

1. Borderlands 2 GOTY edition: It's in my top 3 of favorite games. Really enjoyed the gameplay, humor, style and all the DLC. Couldn't recommend it enough and love for others to experience it.

2. Dante's Inferno: A fun God of War-like game, but changing the greek mythology for the circles of hell. Also really enjoyed it and a easy platinum to boot!

3. Guacamelee: It's amazingly fun and well executed.

4. South Park: The Stick of Truth: Haven't played this myself but heard great things about it. Looking forward to playing this myself.

5. Sonic and Sega: All star racing: Fun arcade racing game. Again really enjoyed this so would love for others to also experience it.

6. Fallout New Vegas: Enjoyed this one more then Fallout 3 and with fallout 4 being out right now, why not play the one with the lesser graphics and (probably) more bugs?

7. Walking Dead Season 2: Enjoyed all telltale games for the story. Same goes for TWDS2

8. Rayman Origins: To match the set from playing Legends in the lottery. This one doesn't have a 3 months-1year grindy trophy. Skillbased and lots of fun.

9. Bioshock Infinte: Haven't played this myself but looks and sounds great. Did enjoy Bioschock 1 and 2, so i'm expecting this one to be really enjoyable as well.

So that's my 2 cents, hope you enjoy the games you get to play! Will be keeping my eyes on the forum :ninja:

• Like 1

Just curious where people are seeing Demon's Souls? It's not on the list, or on his profile (as incomplete at least). I have all there Souls plats and enjoyed them all, but I enjoyed Dark souls more in every way and would slide that into my number 3 spot and everything else down if that's an option. I'm relatively certain that's not how it works though.

• Like 1

So many great games to choose from. Considering you will only be playing each game for one day during the event, I'm going to avoid including multiple games from the same franchise. You might not be able to finish the first game during one day so I didn't want to recommend starting the next game in a series before finishing the original. For that reason, I've left off some great games like Bioshock Infinite and Dead Space 2 that would have normally made the list. 

1. Bioshock

2. Rayman Origins

3. Guacamelee!

4. Dead Space

5. South Park: The Stick of Truth

6. Metal Gear Solid 4

7. Okami HD

8. Max Payne 3

9. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

• Like 1

Just curious where people are seeing Demon's Souls? It's not on the list, or on his profile (as incomplete at least). I have all there Souls plats and enjoyed them all, but I enjoyed Dark souls more in every way and would slide that into my number 3 spot and everything else down if that's an option. I'm relatively certain that's not how it works though.

Keen eye, old friend.

BeautifulTorment picked it because it's an ongoing inside joke between us. It's like a "Your rules be damned, eff. Buy the friggin' game already because I wanna see you play a good game/RPG for once and Demon's Souls is awesome."

Boooda picked it because he made a mistake by picking PSASBR for Vita and he's way too busy running a lot of other things to go back to the list a second time, so he just picked a good game from BT's list because he's a fellow Canadian that also has a bazillion trophies.

Cobby picked it because he's lazy as crap and never even looked at the link. He just looked at everyone else's lists and handpicked the ones he recognized. :giggle:

Just one of the joys of being on the site/in the chat 14 hours a day for 4 years straight; you learn folks. :D

There's also multiple people that picked a total of 10 games (when I said 9), Vita games (when I said PS3) and the grindiest games combined with dead online servers (even though my playtime for each will only be around 8 hours of main story).

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 3

Lol at all of that.

Sheesh, 8 hours of play time a day. I can't even imagine that. I get on average 3, with an absolute upper limit of about 6, and that's staying up until 2am, which is a terrible idea since my kids are up at 6:45am. I've never been a huge chat room guy. I much prefer logging on, answering what looks interesting, and then checking back later, but there are definitely some people on here that seem like they'd be fun to get to know.

• Like 1