Golden Saucer Speed Square 5,000+ Points

ZygyK

Are you using 3x Speed by any chance? Turn that off if you are having problems with any of the Gold Saucer mini-games, it involves you having to mash buttons faster to keep up with the speed.

No 3x I turn it of before getting on the coaster.......even though in a couple of my attempts i hit L3 by mistake and it sped it up :(

Highest score I've been able to hit is 3,500 that's with hitting the boulder, UFO, and light at the end. 

When I was doing this on the PS4 version, I accidentally hit something on one of my attempts and my points jumped up to 7000. Looking at my video recording of it, there appears to be some target that I hit on the lower left/right (nothing pops up as showing what gave the points though) on the last zeppelin after the balloons. You might want to try and see if there's something there that gets lots of points?

• Like 1

When I was doing this on the PS4 version, I accidentally hit something on one of my attempts and my points jumped up to 7000. Looking at my video recording of it, there appears to be some target that I hit on the lower left/right (nothing pops up as showing what gave the points though) on the last zeppelin after the balloons. You might want to try and see if there's something there that gets lots of points?

GOT IT! I looks like the Zeppelin propeller trick works on the PS4 version (previously it did not work for the PSX)

Edited by ZygyK
  • Like 1

Yes. I got over 27,000 points simply by shooting the zeppelin's propellor. You get two brief chances at it after the balloon segment of your ride but the first is your best opportunity for the massive points. For those unfamiliar with what a zeppelin is, in this case, it's a huge yellow blimp-like airship.

x3 speed that $#&$ up before and after this opportunity as you might take a while...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...