Lightning Returns Plat Difficulty and Estimated Time To Plat

Lightning Returns Plat Difficulty and Estimated Time To Plat?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate the difficulty of getting the plat? (10 being most difficult)

2. 2. How long did it take you to get the plat in total gameplay hours?

• 11-20 hours
    • 21-30 hours
    • 31-40 hours
    • 41-50 hours
    • 51-60 hours
    • 61-70 hours
    • 71-80 hours
    • 81-90 hours
    • 91-100 hours
    • 100+ hours (specify)
    • 0-10 hours

I'm looking to get some community input for Plat Difficulty and Estimated Time To Plat in this guide, and in lieu of some sort of official voting function in the guides, I'm instead blatantly plagiarizing someone else's idea. Results of the polls will be used to update the info in the guide more accurately than a single person's opinion.

Rules:

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the Plat or 100%, and should be in-game time you actually spent getting the plat, not a conceptual "best-case fastest possible run".
  2. Difficulty relates to things like properly reacting to stimuli in an appropriate time frame, problem solving skills, being required to use strategies to win other than continuously mashing the "attack" button. A time consuming plat is not necessarily a difficult one.
  3. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  4. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game (let's say 50% trophy completion).
  5. Votes without an accompanying comment below explaining why you voted the way you did will not be counted.

I voted this plat a 3 because it requires some planning and time management skill to get all the quests required for the 14th day, and just sort of tosses you in the pool to sink or swim. The battle system requires more input and attention than the 2 previous games. This one is definitely slightly more difficult than the other two (FF13's guide rates the difficulty a 5 which I feel is also unnaturally high), especially if you play on Normal Mode, but it's not terribly difficult once you get the hang of the whole thing and manage to get a good start. I voted the Estimated Time to Plat in the 61-70 hour range because I spent about 68 gameplay hours. This included a couple false starts because I didn't quite understand the time management part of the game at first, plus I made a point to complete all the side quests and spent a couple hours grinding some of my abilities to Level 3 because I felt that was needed to boost my stats to beat the two superbosses in the game.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

I spent around 45 hours getting the plat in this game, though I don't have it yet because I'm saving it for the plat rain. It wasn't overly difficult, and I was able to do almost all of the sidequests by playing naturally. The hardest part was tracking down accessories to upgrade.

The game isn't overly difficult to plat, because you can play it on Easy mode, which is quite generous in terms of retries and EP cost. As stated in the OP, time management and side quests are the hardest thing. These are easily solved by fighting large enemies (which yields 4 EP on Easy) and having an overview of the side quests. Ereshkigal and Aeronite are tough, but doable (though Aeronite is best left for NG+ when it's possible to upgrade weapons, shields, and accessories). Platting the game between 40-50 hours seems reasonable. It took me around 60 hours, because I explored a lot and did all the side quests (even the ones for Chocolina). I even went so far as to buy all the outfits and spawn the random merchant to get Lightning's shades.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

gameplay time is around... 51-60... I have around 58 hours since I messed up in collecting accessories and weapons and had myself do a speed run... and have a third run...

for difficulty... I actually gave it  a 5 first...due to I really have hard time in time management for first few days but after getting used to it... but in the end I changed it to 3 since some of the challenging trophies (like Aeronite and Last Ones) are actually doable (which I did) in first run...

The difficulty of the game is a 2 with the Spira's Summoner dlc garb and a 4 without it. once you finish around 15 side-quests, get a few good garbs, and some phoenix downs nothing in the game can really stop you.

It took me around 50 hours to beat it and I just mess around most of the time, if someone didn't waste time they could platinum it in 30 hours or so.

Edited by soultaker655

3/10 for difficulty, may be a little harder without a guide or knowledge in the game, the only hassle here is to kill Aeronite, but since you can play the game on Easy+ with max EP & items available, plus use Limit Break to have better stats (and buy DLC costumes i.e Cloud FFVII), i think it'd be just a matter of time (to level up Lightning and get items) to kill him.

As for time, i believe i ended up with 60+ hours in my original save file when i got the plat, but it's definitely possible to do it faster than that. I was exploring and messing around too much. :P

51-60 and 3 difficulty is perfect.

1 = play with eyes closed, platinum appears. Example walking dead.

2 = play with 1 eye closed, press X button sometimes = Plat appears.

3 = As easy as 1 and 2, but you actually have to either pick collectibles or farm some stuff. Nothing requiring skill or any form of equipment management.

That's how I view the first 3 on 10 difficulties. Lightning returns was fun but there's nothing hard in this game in the slightest.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

Nice to see there's already one troll vote. This is why I made votes public and required votes to have an attached comment to be counted.

You know you can see who voted, right?

Like the one vote for both 1/10 and 0-10 hours was ExHaseo.

I highly doubt this game is a 1/10 0-10 hours game.

Edited by MMDE

You know you can see who voted, right?

Like the one vote for both 1/10 and 0-10 hours was ExHaseo.

I highly doubt this game is a 1/10 0-10 hours game.

I know exactly who did it, that's why his vote wasn't counted, along with the couple other people who couldn't follow simple directions.

Edited by damon8r351