Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AkiraTheFox

Other games like this?

12 posts in this topic

Ah shit, it's another PBBG thread by me :P

So I really loved this, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any 2D beat-em-up's similar to this one? Preferably also light-hearted ones. Thanks in advance!

I haven't played it but  Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game looks pretty similar

Although it's been delisted from the PSN store, so now the only way to get it is by buying a download code from the Gamestop US site

Any others? xD

it seems awkward to obtain and I dunno if the dlc is available, I'm not sure if I wanna add unobtainable trophies to my account if so

Unfortunately, there aren't really any games like this anymore. Scott Pilgrim is probably the only one on PS3 or Vita that's comparable. If you have a 3ds, you could try Code of Princess, it's pretty similar. I can't really think of anything else recent that's comparable though...

I was thinking Castle Crashers but looks like only the demo is available on the store unless there is a full game unlock in the menu.

While some other games do come to mind they're not exactly light hearted like PBBG.

Basically any beat em up.  Is there any chance you're interested in others that aren't on PSN? There's Dungeon Fighter which is on Xbox 360 and PC (PC version is free and limited to Korea/NA).  It's one of the best ones, but you're kind of dependent on finding players online for the higher difficulties/survival tower.

And like SteelFreaxx said, Castle Crashers, it's pretty light hearted, just button mash your way through.

Basically any beat em up.  Is there any chance you're interested in others that aren't on PSN? There's Dungeon Fighter which is on Xbox 360 and PC (PC version is free and limited to Korea/NA).  It's one of the best ones, but you're kind of dependent on finding players online for the higher difficulties/survival tower.

And like SteelFreaxx said, Castle Crashers, it's pretty light hearted, just button mash your way through.

Yeah I'm not just limiting myself to PS Consoles. I'll look into those, and the one that Haseo mentioned

I really liked Guacamelee. It's funny and colourful. Some of the the jokes are a little dated and don't take off all that well (And coming from me, that's saying something.) but the boss battles are all really cool.

OH! And if you can find it, there's a Doujin game called Madoka Magica Grief Syndrome which is tons of fun. The way you can pretty much do all of the attacks from the series with each character is really impressive.

I really liked Guacamelee. It's funny and colourful. Some of the the jokes are a little dated and don't take off all that well (And coming from me, that's saying something.) but the boss battles are all really cool.

OH! And if you can find it, there's a Doujin game called Madoka Magica Grief Syndrome which is tons of fun. The way you can pretty much do all of the attacks from the series with each character is really impressive.

Oh no, if you didn't like some of the jokes then they're not worth telling xD I've played Guacamelee, I really enjoy it but I suck at the platforming and I can't get past the Tule Tree. I'll check that other one out though!

Umm... Little Fighter is an ancient game that you can play with your friends. xD