Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iNtErWhOoPeR

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean Red hat #2 glitched?

6 posts in this topic

Red hat 2 is the fast dig. It's on the far left of the hub world. You need to build up some gold bricks and then use a barrel to raise the bridge. After that the red hat will appear but I didn't buy it the first time because I was exploring. When I came back later on to collect all the red hats the gold bricks remained built but the when I used to barrel to raise it the bridge wouldn't raise and I can't acquire the remaining red hat. This is negating multiple trophies. Are there any solutions to this? I haven't been able to find one online, the only one I can think of is restarting the game completely which would take about another 15 hours to get to this point. Any help would be much appreciated!  

Unfortunately you most likely going to have to start again. Lego games as fun as they can be are notorious for pulling this crap

Edited by Cleggworth

Red hats? It's that the red bricks of this game, that allow you to get cheats? Most of them can be unlocked through cheat codes.

I don't know if there is any cheat code for this one red brick though.

Anyways, guides says this:

"Fast Dig: From the starting spot in the port, walk through the golden gate on the left/west. Walk all the way to the left, and open the bridge by rebuilding it and using the barrels for the switch. Walk across to the bridge to find the red hat. It costs 50,000 studs."

"When you collect 24 gold bricks go to the left part of the Port and rebuild the object next to the lake. Roll a barrel into the mechanism and lift the bridge. The hat will appear on the other side on the right."

I also found this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/612246-lego-pirates-of-the-caribbean-the-video-game/answers/324741-cant-get-fast-dig

and this:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312186

^ Seems to have a solution

Edited by MMDE

@MMDE I had the same problem, tried this 'solution' and it doesn't work. Even reloads and re-installs won't resolve anything, the only option is to restart the game again. I would advise putting something in the guides detailing this glitch as neither guide (PSNP and pstrophies.org) says anything about this. When I first unlocked the fast dig hat, I ignored it because I was focusing on the stud multipliers so I wasted 25 hours and my completion was at 99.4%. Just finished the game again and all I can say, is this fast dig hat is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity so only raise the bridge if you plan on buying it right there and then. Just for the record, after finishing the game again (this time with 100% completion) the bridge did not raise again after I bought the fast dig red hat. Hope this helps anyone who is planning on starting this game. Adam

On 2018-12-27 at 6:31 PM, ChristIllusion12 said:

@MMDE Hope this helps anyone who is planning on starting this game. Adam

I just missing some gold bricks... I need to complete all those story mode maps 100 % (maybe I miss less than half of them), then I just need ride like 1 animal and sail all the minikits to get the platinum.  I have not played this for years... but since I'm a completionist I feel like want to get it done. So I just started again. My stepkids best friend made all the redhats, and so did my stepkid and so did I. I assume this is a rare problem that appears to just a few that like to start the game. So new players should not worry to much I guess.

@A-Rebirth New players WORRY, because I started this game for the first time December 2018 and the Fast Dig Red Hat is glitched, if you raise the bridge and unlock it, buy it. I repeat, BUY IT BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT GET A SECOND OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN IT. I was stuck on 99.4% completion because of this glitch and I had to delete my save and play the entire game again. I looked for solutions online (Playstation, XBOX etc.) and nobody had a solution other than to play the entire game again.