Chao that can win every race?

Ravers

It's possible, back when I played in on GameCube, I only raised one Chao that would win each race and karate tournament.

I will need to raise a neutral chao for that right? So he can participate in Hero and Dark races..

Also, how can I find a specific color chao? Like a light blue chao

And how should I raise that one chao to win every race? Giving only drives until everything is lvl99 is a good strategy?

Edited by RaversPT

I will need to raise a neutral chao for that right? So he can participate in Hero and Dark races..

Yeah a neutral one, its been a long time since I played the game, but ain't light blue chaos the first type you get when you visit the garden and hatch your egg.

And how should I raise that one chao to win every race? Giving only drives until everything is lvl99 is a good strategy?

There's a trick where if you stand far away like two feet you can keeo giving the same animal to a chao 99% sure it works with drives also

Find a chao that has a good rank in run and power. Preferably S/A, but at least B. If swim and fly have good ranks then that's a bonus, but I think the first two are the most important.

The rank affects how many points the chao gets in a stat each time it levels up. A chao with rank E in a stat will get around 10 points per level, and a chao with rank S will get around 30. The points alone are what decides how good your chao does in the events, so two different chao with the same levels could have drastically different results depending on their ranks. I had to raise a second chao because even after reaching level 99 in all of the main stats, my chao wasn't anywhere near good enough to win against the last karate opponents.

I'd recommend evolving a chao into either run or power type, which increases the chao's rank in the stat by one. This should be done as soon as possible for best results, since the points you already got for levelling aren't increased retroactively when the rank improves.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

Find a chao that has a good rank in run and power. Preferably S/A, but at least B. If swim and fly have good ranks then that's a bonus, but I think the first two are the most important.

The rank affects how many points the chao gets in a stat each time it levels up. A chao with rank E in a stat will get around 10 points per level, and a chao with rank S will get around 30. The points alone are what decides how good your chao does in the events, so two different chao with the same levels could have drastically different results depending on their ranks. I had to raise a second chao because even after reaching level 99 in all of the main stats, my chao wasn't anywhere near good enough to win against the last karate opponents.

I'd recommend evolving a chao into either run or power type, which increases the chao's rank in the stat by one. This should be done as soon as possible for best results, since the points you already got for levelling aren't increased retroactively when the rank improves.

Unlucky me.. I was raising a chao which was E in run and D in power :o

I will try to find a differente chao, thank you all for the answers!

• 6 years later...

Finished my last Chao medal moments ago, with the same Chao being used for every event. Here are the stats:

Name: WOW | Type: Swim | Alignment: Neutral

• Swim (C) - Level 99 - 1858 Points
  • Fly (S) - Level 99 - 2763 Points
  • Run (S) - Level 99 - 2782 Points
  • Power (A) - Level 99 - 2462 Points
  • Stamina (C) - Level 13 - 0241 Points 

This Chao smoked every race and karate match on the first try. I was concerned that my mediocre Swim grade would get me in trouble, but you really aren't in the water long enough for it to matter, and the rest of your stats will more than make up the difference. Fly ends up being pretty nice for skipping the water sections of the course, if you happen to get a good grade in it. Power also comes in handy with all the tree shaking and wall climbing you end up doing (not to mention you'll need it for karate).

As for Chao karate, A grade Power one-shots all opponents up until Super mode, where it becomes a two-hit knockout instead. S grade Power could possibly produce one-shots on Super difficulty, but Chao karate really isn't difficult enough to warrant the extra time and stress.

Getting a Chao that you're comfortable settling with will be the most time consuming part. Breeding two Chao together to produce good offspring speeds up the process considerably. If the eggs you start off with in the Neutral garden are of poor quality, I've heard you can send them off via the Departure Machine and get a new set of eggs to work with (back up your save first, please). Shoot for good grades in Run and Power that you can start passing down to potential offspring. Keep in mind that all Chao go through one evolution in their lifetime, and you can use that to increase a Chao's grade in any stat by one by increasing that stat before evolution. For example, you can increase your Run stat to raise the grade from B to A upon evolution.

It's possible that this Chao may have been overkill, as I've seen posts on GameFAQs claiming that a Chao with all D grades can claim every medal. However, I haven't seen anybody provide explanation or proof beyond those claims, so I went as close as I could to A/S grade as suggested earlier in this thread. My Chao certainly had a considerable lead in every race he went into, so dropping Run and Fly down a grade or two may still work.

Anyway, on to collecting A Ranks in Story Mode.

22 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Finished my last Chao medal moments ago, with the same Chao being used for every event. Here are the stats:

Name: WOW | Type: Swim | Alignment: Neutral

How were you able to maintain a neutral alignment? From what I understand, using a hero/dark character will lean the Chao in those directions if you keep feeding them animas/drives. Finishing up SA1 and probably about to jump into SA2

5 minutes ago, JIMMOTHYY said:

How were you able to maintain a neutral alignment? From what I understand, using a hero/dark character will lean the Chao in those directions if you keep feeding them animas/drives. Finishing up SA1 and probably about to jump into SA2

You can go to the garden with any hero or dark character and pet the chao the litte ball in the head will change color until it goes to the other side, you can try this to get the dark hero or neutral this way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JIMMOTHYY said:

A Chao going for Neutral wants equal (or close to equal) amounts of care from both Hero and Dark characters. I alternated between Hero and Dark when giving my Chao Swim animals to keep it close to the middle, while still making sure it evolved to the type I was looking for. I kept a notepad open to tally how many interactions I had with each side when dealing with that Chao. 

The Chao also seems to be influenced by the character present in the garden, even if you're just standing idle. You may need to swap characters every hour or so while waiting for evolution.

The Chao's alignment also doesn't have to be perfectly in the middle, pre-evolution. It's okay if your Chao is a little pale, or a little dark, but just make sure it's not over the tipping point before it evolves. If you're concerned, back up your save every now and then so that you can adjust the alignment if something goes wrong.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Should probably note that a Chao's stat will level up depending on what type of Chao it evolves into. For example, if you notice a Chao's run stat is at D, level it up in the run stat to level 3 - 5, and leave it alone until it becomes an adult, it will make the Chao become a run Chao and its stat will become C. It should be fast enough to win all the races on C level ups now as opposed to the D level ups, so it's more ideal to start leveling them up when they're adults compared to when they're an infant. It should also keep it as a neutral Chao as long as you don't keep doing anything to raise its affection with a character like pet it or give it food, so no need to swap out characters to balance out their alignment if that's all you're doing. Not actively feeding it in its infancy won't keep it from reincarnating, so you don't have to be concerned about that either.

Edited by GoldenHail