Street Fighter V discussion thread.

Wavergray

Now that all of the planned betas are over and we know the entire launch roster plus the 6 dlc characters, what are your thoughts on Street Fighter V?

I think it's going to be a great fighting game. The game is simple enough to play and it seems like it will be actively trying to help you get better at playing it, which will very helpful and rewarding for some people.

I'm not sure if it will be as popular or well-liked as street fighter 4, but it will be a great game based on what I've seen and played. 

The game is reminiscent of 3S to me and that's a wonderful thing.  I'm very glad they've taking away most things I loathed about SF4 (primarily the FADC mechanic).  There's priority over buttons, which is what the 3S system, meaning people will have to learn how to block and can't mash buttons....  I'm enjoying Nash, Laura, Chun and Mika.  Nash will likely be my main until Guile comes out.  I can't wait until I get this game.  I should be able to get another stick by the time it comes out.

• 1 month later...

The last beta before release is up right now with all characters besides F.A.N.G playable. Capcom has recommended that you set your connection preference to 3-5 for an optimal netplay experience.

I played some Necalli earlier today and he will most likely be my main character while Laura and Mika will be my secondary characters.

Here are the few matches I played earlier. I'm slowly getting better at using Necalli, but I still don't know what to do against most characters.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

snip

Nice work on the combo aspect of the game. Saw your first online match and you fared pretty well imo. Now you need to master how to counterattack or resist pressure and you will be all set I think.

Is it easier to get good than IV? I could never get used to the combat system, even after clearing all trials xD.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Nice work on the combo aspect of the game. Saw your first online match and you fared pretty well imo. Now you need to master how to counterattack or resist pressure and you will be all set I think.

Is it easier to get good than IV? I could never get used to the combat system, even after clearing all trials xD.

Thanks Lord :D got nervous seeing the combo master checking the video, the game plays really well, also I'm a fan since the original and believe me the game plays faster than iv and is actually more fun to play, off course I played for about 40 minutes last night, I pre-ordered the game and was late when the beta got installed, so I can't wait to play the full game and I'll let you know my progress by recording some videos

• Like 2

Thanks Lord :D got nervous seeing the combo master checking the video, the game plays really well, also I'm a fan since the original and believe me the game plays faster than iv and is actually more fun to play, off course I played for about 40 minutes last night, I pre-ordered the game and was late when the beta got installed, so I can't wait to play the full game and I'll let you know my progress by recording some videos

I'm still far from the ultimate master though xD but thanks!

So the gameplay is faster than IV huh...and more fun.....I'm sold.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.gif

And nice! I'll be checking out those vids when they're available :D. You plan on making this one your first fighter plat? You seem adept at it :).

• Like 2

I'm still far from the ultimate master though xD but thanks!

So the gameplay is faster than IV huh...and more fun.....I'm sold.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.gif

And nice! I'll be checking out those vids when they're available :D. You plan on making this one your first fighter plat? You seem adept at it :).

I have some fighting plats like soul calibur and MKX with videos too on my channel. Like I told you I also have streerxtekken and ultimate with 98 and can't plat because of the ad hoc trophy. Also have lots at 85 like king of fighters, Blazblue and street iv, sadly I played all of then before being on PSNP and a trophy hunter, so I can't get back to all of then today, if I had a great friend to play and help on those grinds i could try get back to it but it's hard since there's tons. I'll probably go for the plat on street v since now I'm more of a completionist

• Like 1

Capcom designed Street Fighter V to be easier to learn and master when compared to IV by lowering the level of execution and timing needed for moves and combo, but at the competitive level it will most likely be just a strong/intense as IVs. 

I have some fighting plats like soul calibur and MKX with videos too on my channel. Like I told you I also have streerxtekken and ultimate with 98 and can't plat because of the ad hoc trophy. Also have lots at 85 like king of fighters, Blazblue and street iv, sadly I played all of then before being on PSNP and a trophy hunter, so I can't get back to all of then today, if I had a great friend to play and help on those grinds i could try get back to it but it's hard since there's tons. I'll probably go for the plat on street v since now I'm more of a completionist

Oh my, I forgot about that, my bad! That's right, you have some incomplete ones. Man, it sucks that it's not up to you with the Ad-Hoc one. But hey, don't give up mate! Good thing servers are still running for some of the ones you mention.

Capcom designed Street Fighter V to be easier to learn and master when compared to IV by lowering the level of execution and timing needed for moves and combo, but at the competitive level it will most likely be just a strong/intense as IVs. 

You just made my day dude! And yeah, I wholeheartedly agree there. After all, the SF community has always being one of the, if not the biggest fighting community along with MK I think.

• Like 1

The modes got a trailer, pretty rad so far! Check it out fellas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=220&v=kr60NVYqH_A

I still think the game lacks a certain kind of depth. In SFIV you had focus, red focus, double ultras and supers. This game only has V-trigger and one ultra move. Seeing as how they will be adding stuff post launch I hope they'll add more game mechanic related stuff. They're doing everything else right so far, characters and colors unlockable through in game currency, character balance through updates, more characters and game modes added later on as well as stages, and the story mode looks superb! All in all, it's shaping up to be quite a damn good game! And being a fighting game junkie that I am you can bet that this will be a day one purchase for me, though I'll admit I'll miss SFIV! Rise up! :D

• Like 1

The modes got a trailer, pretty rad so far! Check it out fellas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=220&v=kr60NVYqH_A

Thanks xugashi looks awesome :) makes me happy to know I just got pre-ordered, funny that missions mode isn't here, let's hope for at least a hybrid of that not the ultimate kind of trials that only Lord can get to it :D

Oh my, I forgot about that, my bad! That's right, you have some incomplete ones. Man, it sucks that it's not up to you with the Ad-Hoc one. But hey, don't give up mate! Good thing servers are still running for some of the ones you mention.

You just made my day dude! And yeah, I wholeheartedly agree there. After all, the SF community has always being one of the, if not the biggest fighting community along with MK I think.

Plus mkx was awesome mate, I did some videos but I won't post here, was my favorite alongside street since I was a little kid, like 7 playing both, Hahaha

• Like 2

Thanks xugashi looks awesome :) makes me happy to know I just got pre-ordered, funny that missions mode isn't here, let's hope for at least a hybrid of that not the ultimate kind of trials that only Lord can get to it :D

Plus mkx was awesome mate, I did some videos but I won't post here, was my favorite alongside street since I was a little kid, like 7 playing both, Hahaha

No prob bro! :) SSFIV had some pretty hard trials but they are doable with practice AND if you dig around Youtube you'll find that there are exploits that you can use to your advantage. Pretty sure that if SFV gets trials, they'll be a lot easier to do due to the fact that Capcom made it easier to link combos this time. This is obviously beginner friendly but I'm totally okay with it! :P Or they might remove trials and add a challenge mode as you mentioned which is cool, hopefully some classic bonus stages too like the car crusher or the barrel buster!

• Like 1

You flatter me too much xD There are other monsters I know out there that make me look like a lost puppy in comparison  :P Btw you can just call me Ra instead of Lord :D

Oooh Nice, I grew up with Killer Instinct. Glacius was my partner in crime :highfive:

There might not be a trials mode, but if you see, it says new features, not previous ones, so there's still a chance I think :hmm:. Even so, if they made this one with a more friendly approach, trust me. Trials will be like 5-10 times easier than IV.

Particularly because combos, in IV, aren't long compared to the likes of UMVC3 (which felt harder imo).

No prob bro! :) SSFIV had some pretty hard trials but they are doable with practice AND if you dig around Youtube you'll find that there are exploits that you can use to your advantage. Pretty sure that if SFV gets trials, they'll be a lot easier to do due to the fact that Capcom made it easier to link combos this time. This is obviously beginner friendly but I'm totally okay with it! :P Or they might remove trials and add a challenge mode as you mentioned which is cool, hopefully some classic bonus stages too like the car crusher or the barrel buster!

I didn't know there were any exploits for SSFIV :blink:. They felt easier when you played with button mapping.

Besides what I told Mah2c, that survival mode looks suspicious...

not-sure-if-fry-685x325.jpg

Hopefully it won't be anywhere a Score Attack run, P4A style.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

You flatter me too much xD There are other monsters I know out there that make me look like a lost puppy in comparison  :P Btw you can just call me Ra instead of Lord :D

Oooh Nice, I grew up with Killer Instinct. Glacius was my partner in crime :highfive:

There might not be a trials mode, but if you see, it says new features, not previous ones, so there's still a chance I think :hmm:. Even so, if they made this one with a more friendly approach, trust me. Trials will be like 5-10 times easier than IV.

Particularly because combos, in IV, aren't long compared to the likes of UMVC3 (which felt harder imo).

I didn't know there were any exploits for SSFIV :blink:. They felt easier when you played with button mapping.

Besides what I told Mah2c, that survival mode looks suspicious...

not-sure-if-fry-685x325.jpg

Hopefully it won't be anywhere a Score Attack run, P4A style.

haha, okay they Ra! just to prove my word, here is my new one, this one is smaller in length but it did have a awesome turn on the second battle :P would love your notes off course

if you want to remember the previous one, here it is 

i think i wont have access anymore tonight, so whenever the game launches be sure to check it out my checklist and i'll post there, i can send via message too if you want 

• Like 1

I found the time to play a few matches with Laura today and she's great. I'm super out of practice so my execution is just bad, but I'm really looking forward to having time to learn each character when the game come out on the 16th.

As you can see I'm bad at fighting shotos and I use the wrong moves to punish openings, but most of that is due to lack of practice and my unfamiliarity with 6 button fighters.  

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

I found the time to play a few matches with Laura today and she's great. I'm super out of practice so my execution is just bad, but I'm really looking forward to having time to learn each character when the game come out on the 16th.

As you can see I'm bad at fighting shotos and I use the wrong moves to punish opening, but most of that is due to lack of practice and my unfamiliarity with 6 button fighters.  

4192817+_b917af28ea2be2e77eccdddb3d91894

Anyway, I'm super excited for this game. Really happy to see they are bringing back Karin and R. Mika. Also, drifting away from charge attacks is a big plus for me.

Didn't have the chance to play the beta (had to send in my PS4 for repairs for the third time in a year.), but saw quite a bit of footage and I'm liking it a lot. 

• Like 1

I played a little bit more of the beta just using whatever character caught my attention at that moment. From what I've played so far it seems like every character is strong. Every character can easily do a 3-5 hit combo that does 30% to 50% of your life off of one punish. It's kind of weird playing a fighting game where you don't have to work hard for damage. It seems like this game will really come down to how good your Street Fighter fundamentals are, which is a good thing. I know I'm going to lose a lot of matches in SFV and I would rather those losses be because my bad fundamentals instead of things like gimmicks and bad/weak/low tier characters.

Edited by soultaker655

As far as i know, the game will be awesome and that 3rd Strike touch is just fascinating.  Sad part at least for me is that it wont have a challenge mode :( i think...i hope it does lol 

In the video, it mentions new features, not old ones, so there's still a chance. I'm rooting for a trials mode too :P