It begins No open world for FF7:Remake

Daniel_Shadow170

The open world was the best part! Using your black chocobo for gettibg through the mountains, Cids airship, teasing the snake, the buggy, everything! Bad move Squenix.

After 10, Final Fantasy started dropping the ball when they took away turn based. It was going down hill from there.

Edited by TigressLion
  • Like 2

Just wtf.  They said they wouldn't be cutting stuff (this was the whole reason for the multiple parts, so they didn't have to cut stuff out).  If I don't see this in fully remastered.. I be pissed:

11355280_1621698061379046_1406161633_n.j

But more seriously, you jumped a bit too far.  Information about the overworld just hasn't been released yet and it was never a sandbox zone anyways, sandboxes are things you do whatever you want in, in FFVII you doing things in the overworld for a reason.

To be fair on the Honey Bee Inn part, I half expected them to have to do something the way society is now today with those things.

• Like 3

Dude, calm down. You don't even know how the game's actually going to turn out. You just come off as wanting to be angry. At least give them the benefit of the doubt - the changes might just actually be for the better.

This guy lol what else you want cut up fam? No but seriously the game is already fucked it'll be a decent 7/10 maybe 8/10 but it's not final fanatsy 7 anymore. When almost everyone is questioning every move that they've done it ether means you've messed up bad in the past or you're messing up now but don't worry i'll be the first to post here when no airship or tifa get's that design and of course the best part episode 1 being only midgar.

I have to agree with jrdemr, the distance between now and when the game will be released is so great that being angry makes no sense. Life is too short for that. Now I'm not saying that these are not potentially disappointing developments, but there are so many great games to play now that getting worked up just isn't worth it. For me the trailer looked good and I'll reserve judgement until I see more.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 4

From all the rumors I've been hearing about the remake, I'm sure there's going to be some disappointments in it (I already think the whole episodic thing is just a money-grab). But I think it's still too early to forsaken it just yet (I'll save that for when we see a real gameplay video of it :P).

Whenever this game does come out, & -if- it does suck, I'll probably lose the last of my faith in Square Enix. I mean, how hard can it be to remake a classic game & not ruin it by changing a shit ton of stuff? <_<

• Like 1

They were saying earlier how a modern day recreation of FFVII would be too big to be one game (which is total BS by the way), and that they had to split it into episodes so they didn't have to cut things out. Isn't that exactly what they are doing now? I'm open to changes as I'd like to experience FFVII in a different way, but there comes a point where the game will be almost unrecognizable. I just hope it doesn't go that far. We always have the original and the existence of this won't take that away. I just hope that they don't fuck it up, because I want it to be good! Although with Square's track record of late, my expectations are already rock bottom.  :P

Edited by Undead_Wolf_N7
  • Like 1

Dude, calm down. You don't even know how the game's actually going to turn out. You just come off as wanting to be angry. At least give them the benefit of the doubt - the changes might just actually be for the better.

LOL. If there's one thing Square has earned over the last decade of screw-ups and mediocrity, it's the benefit of the doubt!

This guy lol what else you want cut up fam? No but seriously the game is already fucked it'll be a decent 7/10 maybe 8/10 but it's not final fanatsy 7 anymore. When almost everyone is questioning every move that they've done it ether means you've messed up bad in the past or you're messing up now but don't worry i'll be the first to post here when no airship or tifa get's that design and of course the best part episode 1 being only midgar.

Agreed. It's almost as if Square is slapping the name FFVII on something else, just so people will buy it!

But there's no way a fine, successful company like Squeenix would do that.

After 10, Final Fantasy started dropping the ball when they took away turn based. It was going down hill from there.

Agreed 100%, I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but their games just started getting worse since Square merged with Enix back in 2003. *sigh* I miss the old Squaresoft days... sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519

• Like 2

It's not surprising now given how it's going to be an episodic game. How could you do an open world in an episodic game? I agree it was one of the best things in FF7 and what made it special. I remember travelling to the Golden Saucer before having a chocobo, slogging through a bunch of random encounters, just so I could go back to play some of the minigames. I'd never experienced something like that in a game before, where you could just ignore the main story and go off and explore and have fun. It's very commonplace now, but then it was something new and special.

So yeah, cutting it out of the game it like cutting out part of its soul, its life force, if you will. Luckily, I didn't want to play a remake anyway, but I feel bad for everyone who's been wanting it and is going to get this Final Fantasy 13ised version instead.

Next announcement: microtransactions ;)

• Like 1

The open world was the best part! Using your black chocobo for gettibg through the mountains, Cids airship, teasing the snake, the buggy, everything! Bad move Squenix.

I personally like 12, and thought that the decay began with 10 itself, but either way, that's certainly around the time when things got bad. Motomu Toriyama has been a stain on the company. He's the Zack Snyder of video games.

It's not surprising now given how it's going to be an episodic game. How could you do an open world in an episodic game? I agree it was one of the best things in FF7 and what made it special. I remember travelling to the Golden Saucer before having a chocobo, slogging through a bunch of random encounters, just so I could go back to play some of the minigames. I'd never experienced something like that in a game before, where you could just ignore the main story and go off and explore and have fun. It's very commonplace now, but then it was something new and special.

So yeah, cutting it out of the game it like cutting out part of its soul, its life force, if you will. Luckily, I didn't want to play a remake anyway, but I feel bad for everyone who's been wanting it and is going to get this Final Fantasy 13ised version instead.

Next announcement: microtransactions 

I had to take the smiley off, because I would bet dollars to donuts that some form of a microtransaction system will be in place.

With regards to the open world being impossible in an episodic game, I don't buy it. People said the same when FFVII was multi-disc, but it still worked reasonably well. Obviously, some places would be cut off, but honestly, the same was true in 1997 (you couldn't get to every area on disc 1, e.g.).

Just look at the OP's posting history. It's nothing but hating on stuff. Not only does the OP just hate on everything, each post is a call to get everyone else hating as well. Once you identify the haters, it's much easier to ignore them.

Just because he's a hater doesn't mean the hate isn't justified. Attack the opinion, not the poster.

Man, Square should just call up Sakaguchi and the old FF team or at least, the Mistwalker team. I would love to see them take on the franchise again. 

Yup, but I don't think that will happen.

• Like 2

Just look at the OP's posting history. It's nothing but hating on stuff. Not only does the OP just hate on everything, each post is a call to get everyone else hating as well. Once you identify the haters, it's much easier to ignore them.

I praise game's that earn it i love how criticism (which let's be honest square needs it) is "hating" in 2015 the reason you never here me praise the literally 10,000's of thousand's other game's i own is because they have strong point's and weak point's. With this remake i've yet to see a strong point anywhere and this game hold's a special spot in gaming to see it turned into this is terrible.

As for the part about getting everyone else to hate as you put it why would i care if people love it or hate it i post the articles then my opinions on said game/article it doesn't bother me if i'm in the minority or majority at the end of the day the information is out for everyone to make an informed opinion mine just happens to be that this isn't Final Fantasy 7 that we've all come to love.

Edited by ShadowStrike002