It begins No open world for FF7:Remake

Daniel_Shadow170

I don't understand the anger with people sometimes. If it's not what you want, then don't buy it. It's a simple thing. We have the original on PS4 now.

This is a remake, not a remaster. Do I think it will be perfect? Nope. I don't see why they are doing this episodic shit, but I'll still get it as it's something I've wanted for ages....and it may be refreshing.

So many people get mad when a remaster comes out, "oh it's just better graphics" and "PS4, the home of all your PS3 games with sharper graphics". Now when a company goes and changes it up, people go ape shit still.

You know you will buy it, you know you will play it. So it may not be what you want, but it's still gonna have strong points.

As I said, the original is still there....

Quoted for truth.

I'm the one that's gonna be pissed if they butcher that section.

l0gd21U.jpg

Nothing else matters.

Well.. I meant more the Cloud gets himself into a gay spa scene.. Don't really see that in games these days.

I'll be pissed off too if they do away with waifu Cloud.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

It was kind of obvious there wasn't going to be an overworld, or at least not the same as we know it. Just think about it, how huge would the game be if they were to do it, and the fact that they are doing it by episodes.....I bet they'll just connect every section with a little nice outer areas an focus more on the towns/enviroments. 

So far, the only thing I like about this is the battle system, thank god they decided not to do it turn-based. I hope the game turns out ok, but I'm not really expecting anything from it.

"Long ago, we looked upon a foreboding sky. The memory of the star that threatened all burns eternal in our hearts. In its wake came an age of silence. Yet with each fond remembrance, we knew those encountered were not forgotten, that some day we would see them again. Perhaps it was no more than wishful thinking. But after the long calm, there are the beginnings of a stir. The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear, but let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back. At last the promise has been made."

Square Enix knows how much the world cares about Final Fantasy games, especially VII. The last mistake they made (with FFXIV), they literally re-released the whole game with a completely new director. Calm down people, the remake will be fine.

• Like 1

Square Enix knows how much the world cares about Final Fantasy games, especially VII. The last mistake they made (with FFXIV), they literally re-released the whole game with a completely new director. Calm down people, the remake will be fine.

Does the world really care about Final Fantasy VII, though? I mean, yeah, it will sell a good number of copies, but is this really going to be a 6 million seller (like FF XIII)? I doubt it.

Also, Square has made plenty of mistakes since FFXIV. Citing their spotty track record doesn't sell me on the idea that "the remake will be fine".

This guy lol what else you want cut up fam? No but seriously the game is already fucked it'll be a decent 7/10 maybe 8/10 but it's not final fanatsy 7 anymore. When almost everyone is questioning every move that they've done it ether means you've messed up bad in the past or you're messing up now but don't worry i'll be the first to post here when no airship or tifa get's that design and of course the best part episode 1 being only midgar.

You're an idiot, plain and simple. Just putting that out there. You're just looking for reasons for this game to fail. Everyone here disagrees with you about this game sucking. As the others said, being angry is pointless and does nobody no good. You should have known from the start that FFVII Remake would not be exactly the same as the original. Hate to break it to you (not really) but change happens during video game development. Get with the program.

You want the complete original with no changes? Then play the motherfucking original, don't play the new one and stop complaining.

You're an idiot, plain and simple. Just putting that out there. You're just looking for reasons for this game to fail. Everyone here disagrees with you about this game sucking. As the others said, being angry is pointless and does nobody no good. You should have known from the start that FFVII Remake would not be exactly the same as the original. Hate to break it to you (not really) but change happens during video game development. Get with the program.

You want the complete original with no changes? Then play the motherfucking original, don't play the new one and stop complaining.

Perhaps to your surprise, truth isn't determined by democracy, and it CERTAINLY isn't determined by the democracy of a few voices on an internet forum.

You disagree with him. We get it. No need to call him an idiot, or tell him that he can't post. He has every right to complain, and you have every right not to read it, or to discuss his views, rather than just being a virtual bully.

Perhaps to your surprise, truth isn't determined by democracy, and it CERTAINLY isn't determined by the democracy of a few voices on an internet forum.

You disagree with him. We get it. No need to call him an idiot, or tell him that he can't post. He has every right to complain, and you have every right not to read it, or to discuss his views, rather than just being a virtual bully.

I didn't say he couldn't post. I told him to stop complaining. There's a difference between voicing opinions about changes being made and downright complaining and whining about them. Example:

They removed the open world aspect from the game. I don't like this idea.

Vs

They took out the open world! This game is going to suck!

All he's done is rail on the remake and how much it's going to suck. If he actually hates it so much then he has no reason to be following the game.

I love you too. And i will keep complaining nothing you can do about it. ITT:Opinion's how do they work.

Just saying, IF, FF7 remake doesn't have an open world and is more streamlined and story driven, I'd be stoked. Since I'm still unsure about jumping in on the game and don't want to be faced with too huge a world, I'd be fine with a more direct approach.

I kind of understand the anger here, mainly due to spending a lot of time hanging around the Final Fantasy forums from Gamefaqs where the fanboys resided and boy were those FFVII ones so heated and angry.  :giggle:

It's OK to have an opinion, but I like to see it being backed up by deep thinking and logical reasoning.  We barely know anything about the remake yet people are already jumping on proclaiming it's going to be bad or that FFVII is ruined.  I feel that whatever decisions that Square Enix make with regard to the remake, the fans won't be happy.  Stick to the original if you're not happy with the changes.  It's that simple.

They might have an open world feel, but it definitely won't be like a facelift of the original.

I'm guessing it's a little bit more like FFXII. Every section will be its own biome, or in other words think of an area of FFXII and pretend it is wholly connected (like all the areas of the Dalmasca Estersands for example). All the loading sections are eliminated (in fact, that's almost FFXIV in a nutshell really). This kind of thing can help create a sense of linearity in an open space, and fulfills quite a few challenging objectives. I imagine in those areas there would be very specific field based mechanics, omitted in places like Midgar and Junon (eg Chocobos).

Still, I wouldn't mind of Midgardsormr's swamp was actually a well detailed swampland that you could explore, with noticable detection of its presence, then halfway through a seemingly random fight it just rocks up like the scary monster it is and isolates Cloud from the rest of the party resulting in a one on one with swimming, giving you a timer of something like 5 minutes to try and keep it distracted while everyone else wades their way to the safety of the crystal cave. Fun fun fun.

At least give them the benefit of the doubt

I don't see why we should. Some of the changes and cuts are exactly what makes me like the newer FF games far less.

Still, I wouldn't mind of Midgardsormr's swamp was actually a well detailed swampland that you could explore, with noticable detection of its presence, then halfway through a seemingly random fight it just rocks up like the scary monster it is and isolates Cloud from the rest of the party resulting in a one on one with swimming, giving you a timer of something like 5 minutes to try and keep it distracted while everyone else wades their way to the safety of the crystal cave. Fun fun fun.

Sure, something like that would be fun, but you miss the "required" chocobo. :)

Taking into consideration everything that the original game offered, I'm still in relative agreement that completely recreating the damn thing with all the modern bells and whistles would probably push it past the size of a Blu-Ray.  Hell FFXIII, right or wrong, was a 60gb download on PC... and that game has half the content and is linear as *#^%.  So that part of it never really bothered me.

As for the lack of an open world and people's disappointment thus far... unless it was a point for point recreation of the game with some mild graphical improvements, there was absolutely no chance of people not being disappointed by this.  I'd wager if they released the game with higher resolution backdrops and voice acting, and nothing else changed, people would want Square's head on a pike for ruining their image of certain characters because of their voices (I'm pretty sure that happened with Advent Children actually lol).  Change is change, people are scared of it.  Nothing new.  The sky is falling, everyone is out to get you, blah blah blah.  That's basically been the gamers MO since this latest generation of kids were old enough to get into the forums.

If you want the original game, it's still out there.  They've been re-re-re-re-releasing it for years now.  You can even play it and get trophies, and it looks a little nicer.  The PC version even has mods.  Personally, I'm interested in seeing where they go with it.  A FFVII that focuses more on the characters, the story and making every town, city and settlement look more spectacular than the last... and less on grinding out levels outside Nibelheim or spending a half hour wading through random encounters walking on rails from town to town for the first half of the game... could be fun.  Or maybe it'll suck, I dunno.  I'll probably check out some reviews before diving in head first.  If you don't like it though, don't buy it, don't play it.  Just stop complaining every step of the way, ffs.

I can already predict the "you're just a SHILL, what'dya work for Square, I don't like taking it in the ass but I guess you do" response to this. xD

Edited by FrecLognAizeW
  • Like 2

Wow some ppl must have deep connections when they really already played the game. I mean rating it with 7/10 ? hm how many hours have you played it?

Ok  ... serious now .  I dont understand how ppl start hating on a game that isnt even close to release? Is it just to hate on something?  Now i understand why SE said so many times they will not make a ff7 release .... because what ever they do , ppl just see the bad things.

People complained because they will never see a remake.

Now SE changed their mind and making a ff7 REMAKE** and ppl still complain .  

So many games use "open world" to the limit , i get bored so quickly on new games when i see huge areas filled with nothing .  Open world is overrated and im sure SE find a better way . 

**(damn its not a remaster, why some ppl dont see the difference )

That would be kind of cool. They could do it the way you had to sneak around the Behemoth in FFXV's demo.

I don't understand what's the fuss about, don't like the game? don't buy it. Simple.

And if you don't like how the Final Fantasy series is changing (going "downhill" for some of you), simply accept the fact that nothing stays the same, abandon the series, or go back to play your favorites of the series since some of you can't seem to let go of them.

I actually look forward to see it, not a big fan of VII, but i'm definitely looking forward.

My apologies, but I absolutely abhor opinions of this type. This "no, you" culture has just got to stop, but I digress.

To be honest I just wanted FF7 redone with new environments, the same open world, fairly non-linear story progression, turn-based combat, etc.

For all of you who aren't big fans but are looking forward to the game, think of the hardcore fans who were looking forward to the game but now feel they're having an important part of their childhood altered to the point of being unrecognizable other than spiky hair and the inclusion of materia. In other words, very little had to be changed about the game for both old and new fans alike to be happy; now it sounds like only the new fans are being catered to.

• Like 4

My apologies, but I absolutely abhor opinions of this type. This "no, you" culture has just got to stop, but I digress.

To be honest I just wanted FF7 redone with new environments, the same open world, fairly non-linear story progression, turn-based combat, etc.

For all of you who aren't big fans but are looking forward to the game, think of the hardcore fans who were looking forward to the game but now feel they're having an important part of their childhood altered to the point of being unrecognizable other than spiky hair and the inclusion of materia. In other words, very little had to be changed about the game for both old and new fans alike to be happy; now it sounds like only the new fans are being catered to.

First, my apologies if i sounded like that certain culture, didn't mean to sound like a jerk.

I actually understand what you are getting, since you were able to say it rationally.

My point was not to criticize all of the old fans of this game, but rather for a certain someone who was making a clear point that this remake is ruined.

Sure, i'm not saying the Squenix is not at fault for doing these changes that most of us liked, i even enjoyed these because i fully played the game tons. But, isn't a Remake's idea is to create new ideas so they would be appealing for the new fans? I'm only saying that Squenix might have made a few dangerous moves with this certain remake, but isn't it all to appeal to Old and New fans of the game? But of course, old fans won't, as it is apparent, be satisfied by these changes.

Edited by YaoiGod