It begins No open world for FF7:Remake

Daniel_Shadow170

8 pages and this is still going... i think we already got the memo by now that those who don't like the Remake (even though the project is still early on development) are going to stick with the original game. If you want the exact same game with better graphics there is tons of fan made mods available. 

• Like 2

I began playing on X360 in January 2006 on Asura server.

My character has remained on this server for almost 10 years despite several other server merges (including one with my server).

At its average as of now there would be around 1400 people on each of the remaining servers at all times with lows of 900 and highs of around 1800 people.

In 2011, the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan completely took out all of the games online servers. We had no game for 14 days, we understood, we didn't get frustrated, how could we? Yet when SE got its FFXI servers back online they did nothing but apologise to us all, they gave us all a free month of play and a free gift in our mog house. It was as though they felt to blame.

I had 5 years clocked on my profile when I stopped play in September 2015 so I could spend fulltime studying Japanese... I could not do both game and study to a high standard.

**The game does not recognise hours of play, forget that...  it counts in years/months/days (real time).

***I giggle when anyone says a 500 hour game is 'big' :)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

8 pages and this is still going... i think we already got the memo by now that those who don't like the Remake (even though the project is still early on development) are going to stick with the original game. If you want the exact same game with better graphics there is tons of fan made mods available. 

No one has said that everyone is still going to buy it 

I began playing on X360 in January 2006 on Asura server.

My character has remained on this server for almost 10 years despite several other server merges (including one with my server).

At its average as of now there would be around 1400 people on each of the remaining servers at all times with lows of 900 and highs of around 1800 people.

I had 5 years clocked on my profile when I stopped play in September 2015 so I could spend fulltime studying Japanese... I could not do both game and study to a high standard.

**The game does not recognise hours of play, forget that...  it counts in years/months/days (real time).

Yea, FFXIV is the exact same, counts in years/months/days.  Couldn't tell you mines as I stopped way sooner than 2015 xD (Around 2006).

No one has said that everyone is still going to buy it 

People could have technically been saying that with all the hate to change going on in this thread.

• Like 2

Just making it clear, this isn't meant to come off in a dick-ish way....

It's not anger, it's disappointment and annoyance.

But are you getting something you've wanted for ages? If yes, then good on you, but I'm quite skeptical about if I will be getting what I've and a lot of others have been wanting. Why are they doing this remake? Are they just trying to appeal to new users and hope the old fans will just buy because of the brand name? Unfortunately, I think this is their mind set.

They could have done much more than just better graphics and without people flipping out. They could have extended the story. Added new secrets and side quests. Included some new bosses. Easter Eggs etc. They could have done all these small cool things, and then it wouldn't have felt like a cheap HD remake. Had they redone all the character and enemy models, so they weren't blocky anymore. Redone the background images and maybe made it 3D. If they insist on having stuff voiced, they could of course do that, but I wouldn't have cared all that much either way, but it would be cool if they voiced the main cast and main events etc. Not too fuzzy about most people you talk to while exploring a city. Maybe they could have made the battle system look a bit more fluid, without actually changing it at all. Maybe done some small tweaking to some stats and fixed glitches and bugs etc. Better translation in some parts of the game. The overworld could have looked much better. etc etc etc They could have done a lot of stuff to improve the game, and it honestly wouldn't have cost them much to make the game either. Now they're going full-on with big budget and it's not anything like what I wanted.

1. It all leads to anger on the internet with some people.

2. Am I getting what I've wanted for ages? Yes....for them to step back into this game. You have every right to be skeptical....because the game is not out yet. However for people to flat out abandon this game and say it's ruined before even playing the thing is just idiotic. How can something be a write off when it's not even been made. They are doing this remake for the money and the fact we have been asking for it for years.

3. Again, you do realise the game is not out yet? How do you know all that shit wont be in there? All I am getting from reading this section is that you thought the PC port to PS4 was the Remake.

And to the bit in bold of this section.....it's not all about you my friend. Many would agree with you, but many would disagree. Should they not get what they want cause you don't like it?

Yeah, some people would probably want a different battle system, but are there really many of those who has been asking for this game to be remade? :S

Why? If it's not what I want, why should I be happy about it? It's kinda frustrating and disappointing to be honest.

1. How could anyone know that? You'd have to ask every fan what they wanted. (And not everyone is vocal)

2. Again, cause it's not all about you. They were NEVER going to please everyone. No game can please everyone. The option not to buy the game is there. If you don't like it and don't want it...then don't purchase it. Vote with your wallet. So it's not what you and others wanted, but it is what the rest of the people wanted. You can't win them all man. The original still stands.

• Like 2

Umm.. FFVII was quite linear for most part.  That game actually has less optional quests than FFXIII had.  It also was just as linear as FFXIII was at its start too (stuck in Midgar, nothing much other to do than progress).  Nearly every game out there is linear so it's kind of annoying when people are constantly bringing up the linear issues.  There is only so many games out there that you wouldn't class as linear, such as the completely open world games, where you have the option to do a whole pile of different quests at the one time and constantly have that throughout the game.

Thank you. That's what I was trying to say.

And Cloud's arms need to be bigger, even if it's not really his sword and he hasn't been trained (AFAIK) to use it.

SOLDIER's strength does not come from muscles, most of it comes from Mako. Zack, Genesis and Sephirot are skinny as hell and can wield big ass weapons like they weight nothing.

Ni No Kuni did overworld just fine... It's not hard at all, and probably wouldn't have cost them much whatsoever compared to what they are actually going to do. They're just ashamed of it.

But it's not realistic, Ni No Kuni is a game with a huge retro vibe, but the idea of an overworld, as vast as it should be, does not combine with realistic enviroments, which is what SE has been going for since FFX. They want all parts of the game to feel connected somehow, not just sections sepparated by a huge amount of land. 

I'm not saying one design is better than the other. Just showing the kind of game SE has been making lately, and will probably keep on making.

OT:

After seeing all this, I think another game based on VII's world would'be been a much better idea.

Edited by Arkthur

I want to see more before I judge it. But even if I hate every possible decision by Square Enix, I'm still going to buy it. 

Precisely this. Would buy it nonetheless, and I think too much people are blinded and love to judge something before even knowing what they're talking about. Today we have very few informations about the game, the road ahead will be pretty long, and judging this remake just because of what we know now would mean to judge a 100% just by its bad 1%.

Wow - Rikku's breasts really grew, if your avatar is to be believed.