[Import PP]Trails in the Project Platinum

Satoshi Ookami

50 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Much XSEED denial :awesome: 

Okay... that might be part of it. I still wouldn't say that I hate them, I'm just pissed off about how they're handling this series right now. Or rather, how they're not handling it. I also have trouble believing that getting the original voice acting wasn't possible. I could be wrong, of course, and I kind of hope I am. If they release Sen III with dual audio, I'll buy it again for the stack. If not, then I'll have no interest in buying it.

Edit: Two things I just remembered:

1. Some great Kiseki art I saw the other day:

DV1zMTlU8AALHCp?format=jpg

2. I just realized I never mentioned that I platinumed Zero in this thread... lol.

35 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Any news on the localization for Cold Steel 3 and 4? I haven't heard anything. Not even a whisper.

Nope, nothing. Over seven months since the Japanese release date, and there's been nothing. The least Xseed could do, assuming they're doing it, is say "hey, it's being worked on". Instead, we've heard absolutely nothing.

Edited by Cave_Johnson_
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

My rank is still the same, but I platinumed Ao earlier today. I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread before, but I also got the platinums for the Japanese versions of Sen I and II months ago. If possible, I'd rather have those listed under my rank instead of the localized versions. My goal is to platinum all Kiseki games in Japanese, so I'd rather have it that way.

Congrats on platinuming the best game of the series! And I also have platinumed all games in japanese, it's better that way. :) Anyway I am so happy someone plays the very underappreciated Zero and Ao. Thank you for playing them! Hope you had a blast!

And very cool art! You are very talented. :)

Edited by killivincent

17 minutes ago, killivincent said:

Congrats on platinuming the best game of the series! And I also have platinumed all games in japanese, it's better that way. :) Anyway I am so happy someone plays the very underappreciated Zero and Ao. Thank you for playing them! Hope you had a blast!

I've yet to play any game in this series that I didn't love; Zero and Ao were no different. Overall, I think I like the main characters more than the main cast of Sen. It's hard to explain, but I felt like I could connect with them more, and I came to care about them a lot by the end. Also, the addition of Master Quartz to the orbment system was great. I vastly prefer the old orbment system, so I was really disappointed when they simplifed it in Sen.

It's a shame that Zero and Ao are skipped by some for not having an official localization. While not perfect, there are fan translations available. From what I've seen, there are many returning charcters from Crossbell in Sen III, even more so in IV. Those who have only played the localized games will be missing a lot of important information.

18 minutes ago, killivincent said:

And very cool art! You are very talented. :)

Oh, I didn't draw that, I just saw it on twitter by chance. I think someone I'm following retweeted it. I got it from here:

9 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I've yet to play any game in this series that I didn't love; Zero and Ao were no different. Overall, I think I like the main characters more than the main cast of Sen. It's hard to explain, but I felt like I could connect with them more, and I came to care about them a lot by the end. Also, the addition of Master Quartz to the orbment system was great. I vastly prefer the old orbment system, so I was really disappointed when they simplifed it in Sen.

It's a shame that Zero and Ao are skipped by some for not having an official localization. While not perfect, there are fan translations available. From what I've seen, there are many returning charcters from Crossbell in Sen III, even more so in IV. Those who have only played the localized games will be missing a lot of important information.

Oh, I didn't draw that, I just saw it on twitter by chance. I think someone I'm following retweeted it. I got it from here:

Yes I like the cast of Zero and Ao too. Sora and Sen have too many characters for my liking. And I agree Ao has the best orbment system, Sen's is too simple.

It is a big big shame. When Sen III ever comes to west, people will be confused. Not like there was already confusion on Sen II. Hope someday Zero/Ao get the love they deserve.

Oops, I misread ? I read you drew that haha. Well, thank you for posting the art anyway. :D

4 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

1. Some great Kiseki art I saw the other day:

DV1zMTlU8AALHCp?format=jpg

OH JESUS GOD OF RENNE O.O

SO CUTE O.O

4 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

2. I just realized I never mentioned that I platinumed Zero in this thread... lol.

Heh xD 

Guess you want the better emblem, right? :awesome: 

3 hours ago, killivincent said:

Congrats on platinuming the best game of the series!

He already did Sora SC :awesome: 

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

OH JESUS GOD OF RENNE O.O

SO CUTE O.O

Heh xD 

Guess you want the better emblem, right? :awesome: 

He already did Sora SC :awesome: 

Of course he wants the emblem that actually represents Zero and Ao! (No Renne) :awesome: 

You can't really say since you haven't even played Zero and Ao yet.. :D

But, your opinion is that and mine is mine, so let's agree that nothing is better than this amazing series! (Again) ;)

Edited by killivincent

On 5/23/2018 at 1:22 AM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Nope, nothing. Over seven months since the Japanese release date, and there's been nothing. The least Xseed could do, assuming they're doing it, is say "hey, it's being worked on". Instead, we've heard absolutely nothing.

It makes sense though.  Think about how things were after we got FC and before we got SC.  All we knew was it was being worked on and it would come out eventually.  We waited 4 years for it.  By then a lot of the fans moved on to other things because they lost interest due to the lack of news.  Announcing a localization too far before its release risks fans losing interest.

So yeah, it makes sense that Xseed is keeping quiet until they have more to give than it's being worked on.  On top of what happened with SC, they also run the risk that if Sen 3 is announced and Sen 4 isn't, that it could also deter fans because of how Sen 3 ends.  It won't take long for word to spread about the sort of ending Sen 3 has and people say to wait until Sen 4 has a release date.  It's obvious that Xseed is going to wait until they can announce a general window for both Sen 3 and 4 like they did with 1 and 2.  What doesn't make sense is that they aren't trying to release something in the meantime to keep interest in the series and draw in new fans.  Zero and Ao would be ideal to get released while we wait, but if those are still not doable, then what about the PS4 ports of Sen 1 and 2?

But on another note, who is excited for Sen 4 now having a release date in Japan and preorders being up for it?  I've already got it preordered.

38 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

It makes sense though.  Think about how things were after we got FC and before we got SC.  All we knew was it was being worked on and it would come out eventually.  We waited 4 years for it.  By then a lot of the fans moved on to other things because they lost interest due to the lack of news.  Announcing a localization too far before its release risks fans losing interest.

So yeah, it makes sense that Xseed is keeping quiet until they have more to give than it's being worked on.  On top of what happened with SC, they also run the risk that if Sen 3 is announced and Sen 4 isn't, that it could also deter fans because of how Sen 3 ends.  It won't take long for word to spread about the sort of ending Sen 3 has and people say to wait until Sen 4 has a release date.  It's obvious that Xseed is going to wait until they can announce a general window for both Sen 3 and 4 like they did with 1 and 2.  What doesn't make sense is that they aren't trying to release something in the meantime to keep interest in the series and draw in new fans.  Zero and Ao would be ideal to get released while we wait, but if those are still not doable, then what about the PS4 ports of Sen 1 and 2?

But on another note, who is excited for Sen 4 now having a release date in Japan and preorders being up for it?  I've already got it preordered.

Or it could be that, NISA or someone else is working on Sen III. It kinda seems Falcom now prefers localizers who bring their games out fast. I'm guessing Sen 1 & 2 will come since since Chinese ports were announced recently. And Zero and Ao have been out so long, I doubt we will never see them localized. Sadly..

Yes, I am so hyped, can't wait for September! I preordered the Limited Edition! :)

Edited by killivincent

55 minutes ago, killivincent said:

Or it could be that, NISA or someone else is working on Sen III. It kinda seems Falcom now prefers localizers who bring their games out fast. I'm guessing Sen 1 & 2 will come since since Chinese ports were announced recently. And Zero and Ao have been out so long, I doubt we will never see them localized. Sadly..

Yes, I am so hyped, can't wait for September! I preordered the Limited Edition! :)

I don't think anyone else is going to try for Sen 3 and 4.  Why?  It would be a terrible business move for any other company.  The sales of Sen 3 pretty much are dependent on the first two games having done well.  To try and draw in more players they'd need more people playing the first two games, which would benefit another company and not guarantee more sales of their game.  Pretty much it boils down to Xseed will get Sen 3 and 4 or no one will.  There is no benefit to another company bothering.  The concern should be for NISA or another company grabbing the next arc

NISA grabbing Ys VIII is a different matter entirely.  Ys games are standalone outside of I and II.  Everything a new player needs to know is contained within that game.  Also NISA so royally screwed up that localization that I'd be shocked if Falcom ever lets them localize one of their games again.

And I can't wait for September either.  I preordered a regular edition, just couldn't really justify the limited because it's way more than the regular.  I'll get limited editions when they are localized to go with my Lionheart edition of the first two.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I don't think anyone else is going to try for Sen 3 and 4.  Why?  It would be a terrible business move for any other company.  The sales of Sen 3 pretty much are dependent on the first two games having done well.  To try and draw in more players they'd need more people playing the first two games, which would benefit another company and not guarantee more sales of their game.  Pretty much it boils down to Xseed will get Sen 3 and 4 or no one will.  There is no benefit to another company bothering.  The concern should be for NISA or another company grabbing the next arc

NISA grabbing Ys VIII is a different matter entirely.  Ys games are standalone outside of I and II.  Everything a new player needs to know is contained within that game.  Also NISA so royally screwed up that localization that I'd be shocked if Falcom ever lets them localize one of their games again.

And I can't wait for September either.  I preordered a regular edition, just couldn't really justify the limited because it's way more than the regular.  I'll get limited editions when they are localized to go with my Lionheart edition of the first two.

I don't really know why, I was just guessing really. Ys also was before handled by Xseed, like Celceta and so on. It was strange that they let NISA do Lacrimosa of Dana, while all other Ys' were localized by Xseed. But, you are absolutely right. It's just weird since Sen games are very popular in west, that there is yet no news of it coming in English.

I also thought there was not enough stuff in the LE, but I found a good deal, so I bought it. :P

21 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I understand that when it comes to stuff like this, they can't win. If they announce it, they'll get spammed with "release date when??" by idiots on social media, but if they don't, it won't be much better. In fact, I think it might be worse. Regardless, getting spammed by idiots on social media seems to be an unfortunate inevitably. Still, I think that a simple confirmation would be nice, if possible. At least then it would put all the dumb "conspiracy theories" and bullshit about NISA doing it to rest.

I can't see why they wouldn't bring the PS4 versions of Sen I and II. Given the success of the PS4, it seems like the obvious thing to do. It probably wouldn't take much work, either. Insert the localization, make sure it works, done.

21 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'll probably preorder it after finishing Sen III. I've been trying to avoid spoilers, but I have seen quite a bit about it on twitter. I'm really excited to see Renne and the rest of the SSS come back.

23 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I pre-ordered The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki IV - Dengeki Special Pack [First Limited Edition] 5th Anniversary Edition on CDJapan, it costs 27,662 yen ($261.30) in total (including "forced" expensive shipping fee) O.o; however, it is a Proxy Item, so it's not a final price yet. They may send me another bill to cover Japan postage or some additional fees before releasing day. Since return/cancellation is impossible for Proxy Item, so it can be considered as my most expensive CE.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa

• 4 weeks later...

I just platinumed Sen III earlier, so I'm at the top rank now. It feels great to have completed my trophy cabinet, even if it's just for three months. Now I just have to figure out how the hell to get nine platinums before Sen IV comes out. I've got #91-94 figured out, and that's about it.

I also have a bunch of screenshots I want to post, but it's late and I'm tired. I'll get around to it... well, whenever I feel like it.

9 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I just platinumed Sen III earlier, so I'm at the top rank now. It feels great to have completed my trophy cabinet, even if it's just for three months. Now I just have to figure out how the hell to get nine platinums before Sen IV comes out. I've got #91-94 figured out, and that's about it.

I also have a bunch of screenshots I want to post, but it's late and I'm tired. I'll get around to it... well, whenever I feel like it.

Omedetou, nanodesu~

9 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

A big congralations to you! Welcome to the top rank! :)

Edited by killivincent

7 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Omedetou, nanodesu~

7 hours ago, killivincent said:

A big congralations to you! Welcome to the top rank! :)

Thanks! It took a damn long time (easily 1,000+ hours total for all eight games) but it was well worth it. 

As usual, I took quite a few screenshots. There are only a few that are spoilers, and I'll make sure to note which ones are.

Spoiler

Tita!!

9WxpY8B.jpg

zP5U1hT.jpg

OI1moKZ.jpg

End of Chapter 1 spoilers:

Spoiler

Hamel or Harmel? Not even Falcom seems to know:

nscljBl.jpg

HpUMusn.png

XovVZ77.png

"Cats":

Spoiler

OXGdvad.jpg

Y28gigv.jpg

WBI6Vh2.jpg

Spoiler

"メチャクチャ可愛いフィーさん" Damn right.

eWIE9OA.jpg

Juna having the best opinions (again):

OEiW1IP.jpg

They're so cute...

SeDHCUc.png

Out of the new characters, Juna is definitely my favorite. I love how her character model is always smiling, which reflects how cheerful and positive she is.

Spoiler

fU5ZgRw.jpg

VJYLRlU.jpg

VRNb9sd.jpg

ep3TOvC.jpg

xQUMPZd.jpg

xF6hnLb.jpg

Spoiler

3/4 of my favorite party to use:

ohWTt3C.jpg

This alt hair/eye color looks familiar...

u6LSf0p.jpg

I unfortunately forgot to screenshot the great "authorized personnel onry" sign in this area:

t6fjRzZ.jpg

"Militaly Police":

R50upf1.jpg

"Dr. Paper" (this one was most likely due to copyright):

jQbrsLM.jpg

Spoilers for Fie's final bonding event:

Spoiler

7AzXaZJ.png

DbLiVOM.png

GHYuFZe.png

zgvbPr7.png

Ce1InUi.png

IwZwAlZ.png

gjsS9xx.png

12gSFXi.png

ああああああああ!djdhdjsgsjdhdk

41 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

More lolism plz :( 

I would have more screenshots, but Tita only joins as a guest character twice, unfortunately. Hopefully she'll join the party alongside Renne in the next game. 

46 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wouldn't she be Yuuna?

Or does she have her name confirmed?

Literally, yes, but Falcom rarely goes with the exact romanization for character names. On the status screen it lists her name as "Juna Crawford" in cursive.