[Import PP]Trails in the Project Platinum

Satoshi Ookami

Well, the problems I run into is Kevin dies too much, so he doesn't get time to use his S-Craft because he never builds up enough CP (even with a gladiator belt equipped), so he's constantly useless in this battle because he keeps needing healing and revival from KO.  Even level 95 isn't helping much (he was at 91 previously, so that was a nice jump from farming poms).  Also, I tend to run into issues where either my party has to separate too much or gets too bunched up so either Kevin's S-craft is rendered useless due to distance, or the party is too close and able to be one shotted via s-craft from Loewe, or silver thorned before I can get out of the way because even two guards is wiped out in no time flat.

S-Break + Zeram Powder. 

Whenever you can, Zeram Powder + S-Break with him. Ideally on max S-Craft so you get 2 guards but even one can make a difference.

I plan on getting the evolution versions of FC and SC eventually, but right now I have only platinumed Sen I and II.

Are the text boxes in the evolution versions the same as the original games? I want to know if I could match the text of the english PSP version with the voice acting of the evo version.

Yup, you definitely can do that =)

Voiced Renne is cutest :DDDD

Are there any differences (aside from having Chinese subs) between the region 3 version and the Japanese one? I don't see why there would be, but I just want to make sure. I'm only asking because the region 3 version is cheaper. Thanks for the help.

Yup, you definitely can do that =)

Voiced Renne is cutest :DDDD

I hate to butt in, but how close are the two versions exactly? Are they essentially the same game with prettier graphics and voice acting? Like if I played the two games side by side, would I be doing the same quests, having the same conversations, going to the same areas, etc?

I ask because when I play FC Evolution, I'd ideally like to use the PSP/PC game as a guide. I just want to know how viable that is.

Edited by Undead Wolf

I hate to butt in, but how close are the two versions exactly? Are they essentially the same game with prettier graphics and voice acting? Like if I played the two games side by side, would I be doing the same quests, having the same conversations, going to the same areas, etc?

I ask because when I play FC Evolution, I'd ideally like to use the PSP/PC game as a guide. I just want to know how viable that is.

I haven't played FC Evolution yet, but have played SC Evolution.  I've been using the SC PSP/PC version guides for max BP and treasure and overall most things are the same.  You'll want a guide that actually shows all the choices and indicates which ones give bonus BP rather than one that just gives the right choice.  I know SC has a good one for this, not as sure about FC.  Steam also probably will be your best source for guides for treasure chests since the PC versions have achievements for finding all the chests too.  Locations are the same, but Evo changes which ones have monsters and at least in SC there are some that have insanely high level monsters.

It would be a good idea to have some knowledge of at least katakana even if you are going to look on the English versions to understand the dialog.  Katakana is so you can at least get an idea of what accessories and arts are what, though the trophy guide will at least cover quartz and arts.  Since status protection is often vital, you want to be able to identify what accessories are what and many of them are written in katakana.  The other option is to refer to the bracer guide to find the kanji for the status effects and look for the accessory with that kanji in the description, but this can be more tricky since there can be very similar kanji.  Plus you'll for sure want to be able to identify the grail locket and that is thankfully written in katakana.

The game does play a bit differently though since the battle system is similar to the Cold Steel games.  I also don't know if FC Evo has any special battles on NG+ besides the Valkyries like SC Evo does, but those are a nice challenge.  The enhanced enforcers in SC Evo are kicking my butt and outside of the trophy guide, there's next to nothing for strategy for them.  It is possible a PSP/PC version guide strategy may need some adjusting for the differences in battles since those won't account for zero art/craft turns, rush turns, and some of the other variances.  Also Evo versions do change up some of the elements on some quartz and arts, like curia is wind now.  There was also a burn status effect added and petrify changed up a lot (it turns character to stone, character isn't KOed with next hit and it doesn't heal in a few turns like other effects).  Not sure if all of this is true in FC Evo, but it is true for SC Evo.  So it overall is mostly the same, but with voice acting, but there is enough different to change up strategy in battles.  It's still doable because I can say I'm far from fluent in Japanese, but I'm also not clueless about it.

Edit: I seriously had enhanced Loewe down to about 3k HP and then got killed by his 5 clones.  Why do I have such crappy luck with him summoning clones like mad?  I do have a question though, is this like original SC where once he's defeated the clones remain, or do they vanish when he's defeated like in FC and the 3rd?  I just wish I could defeat him fast enough to get none since I already analyzed one in a previous attempt and that sticks on a retry.

Edited by ladynadiad

Are there any differences (aside from having Chinese subs) between the region 3 version and the Japanese one? I don't see why there would be, but I just want to make sure. I'm only asking because the region 3 version is cheaper. Thanks for the help.

No, only the subs. 

But I would still advise Japanese version so you can read at least something :D

Yep, exactly the same. The core game is absolutely the same :)

You can see all the gameplay differences in the FC guide :) Other than that, translation-wise, you will be having the exact same experience :)

The game does play a bit differently though since the battle system is similar to the Cold Steel games.  I also don't know if FC Evo has any special battles on NG+ besides the Valkyries like SC Evo does, but those are a nice challenge.  

Only Valkyrie since Lorence was in the original.

Edit: I seriously had enhanced Loewe down to about 3k HP and then got killed by his 5 clones.  Why do I have such crappy luck with him summoning clones like mad?  I do have a question though, is this like original SC where once he's defeated the clones remain, or do they vanish when he's defeated like in FC and the 3rd?  I just wish I could defeat him fast enough to get none since I already analyzed one in a previous attempt and that sticks on a retry.

Nope, you need to defeat all of them.

I haven't played FC Evolution yet, but have played SC Evolution.  I've been using the SC PSP/PC version guides for max BP and treasure and overall most things are the same.  You'll want a guide that actually shows all the choices and indicates which ones give bonus BP rather than one that just gives the right choice.  I know SC has a good one for this, not as sure about FC.  Steam also probably will be your best source for guides for treasure chests since the PC versions have achievements for finding all the chests too.  Locations are the same, but Evo changes which ones have monsters and at least in SC there are some that have insanely high level monsters.

It would be a good idea to have some knowledge of at least katakana even if you are going to look on the English versions to understand the dialog.  Katakana is so you can at least get an idea of what accessories and arts are what, though the trophy guide will at least cover quartz and arts.  Since status protection is often vital, you want to be able to identify what accessories are what and many of them are written in katakana.  The other option is to refer to the bracer guide to find the kanji for the status effects and look for the accessory with that kanji in the description, but this can be more tricky since there can be very similar kanji.  Plus you'll for sure want to be able to identify the grail locket and that is thankfully written in katakana.

The game does play a bit differently though since the battle system is similar to the Cold Steel games.  I also don't know if FC Evo has any special battles on NG+ besides the Valkyries like SC Evo does, but those are a nice challenge.  The enhanced enforcers in SC Evo are kicking my butt and outside of the trophy guide, there's next to nothing for strategy for them.  It is possible a PSP/PC version guide strategy may need some adjusting for the differences in battles since those won't account for zero art/craft turns, rush turns, and some of the other variances.  Also Evo versions do change up some of the elements on some quartz and arts, like curia is wind now.  There was also a burn status effect added and petrify changed up a lot (it turns character to stone, character isn't KOed with next hit and it doesn't heal in a few turns like other effects).  Not sure if all of this is true in FC Evo, but it is true for SC Evo.  So it overall is mostly the same, but with voice acting, but there is enough different to change up strategy in battles.  It's still doable because I can say I'm far from fluent in Japanese, but I'm also not clueless about it.

Wow, I appreciate all the detail you went into here. It helps out a lot! :)

I don't have the first clue when it comes to reading Japanese, so I suspect I'm gonna have a lot of trouble figuring out what item is which. A lot of cross referencing with a guide is in my future. :|

As for the battle system, I've played Cold Steel, and since you say it plays a lot like that, hopefully I'll be able to figure out what I'm doing. I'll have to keep the differences differences between the two versions in mind. Thanks again!

Yep, exactly the same. The core game is absolutely the same :)

You can see all the gameplay differences in the FC guide :) Other than that, translation-wise, you will be having the exact same experience :)

Good to know. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to play both at the same time. :huh: 

I'll be relying on your guide to get me through. :)

No, only the subs. 

But I would still advise Japanese version so you can read at least something :D

For some reason I was thinking it would include the Japanese text as well. According to play asia, it doesn't. 

Good to know. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to play both at the same time. :huh:

I'll be relying on your guide to get me through. :)

You should definitely download a clear save (if you don't have one already) for the PSP or PC version. That way, you can just use the PSP/PC version to read the text without having to worry about any battles.

You should definitely download a clear save (if you don't have one already) for the PSP or PC version. That way, you can just use the PSP/PC version to read the text without having to worry about any battles.

I assume that would help me because you can take your items and stats into a NG+ or something? It would be nice not to have to worry about battles.

Any idea how I would go about acquiring one of these clear saves? Or maybe I should just play through the game on it's own first. Hmmm... :hmm:

Edited by Undead Wolf

I assume that would help me because you can take your items and stats into a NG+ or something? It would be nice not to have to worry about battles.

Any idea how I would go about acquiring one of these clear saves? Or maybe I should just play through the game on it's own first. Hmmm... :hmm:

From what I remember, pretty much everything carries over into NG+. You can download saves from gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/933329-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/saves)

Yup, because everything carries over. The only thing you need to do is fighting bosses + quest monsters.

However, on easiest difficulty, they will not hinder your progress. 

From what I remember, pretty much everything carries over into NG+. You can download saves from gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/933329-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/saves)

I own both the PC and PSP versions, but I can only play the PSP version on Vita. I'm assuming I can't download saves onto a Vita though. I'm guessing the saves you linked don't work on the PC version as it just lists PSP.

Yup, because everything carries over. The only thing you need to do is fighting bosses + quest monsters.

However, on easiest difficulty, they will not hinder your progress. 

That's good. Playing from clear data seems like the way to go then, it's just acquiring that data that's going to be a problem.

That's good. Playing from clear data seems like the way to go then, it's just acquiring that data that's going to be a problem.

I figured someone would have uploaded saves for the PC version by now. Well, if no one else does, then I will upload my data. I have clear saves for FC and SC.

Here's a PC one someone linked on Steam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8lUYGwHCgOeb0ZFRUlQb0JnMk0/view

Directions on where to put it plus the link itself on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251150/discussions/0/35221031742304782/#c496881136927592797

Haven't tried it myself but that should work.  If it doesn't I can provide my own.

I figured someone would have uploaded saves for the PC version by now. Well, if no one else does, then I will upload my data. I have clear saves for FC and SC.

Here's a PC one someone linked on Steam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8lUYGwHCgOeb0ZFRUlQb0JnMk0/view

Directions on where to put it plus the link itself on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251150/discussions/0/35221031742304782/#c496881136927592797

Haven't tried it myself but that should work.  If it doesn't I can provide my own.

It took me a while to figure out, but I finally got the save you linked to work. I hate PC gaming... :P

This is gonna be a big help. Big thanks to both of you! :)

But Kiseki should have its own budget field :awesome:

It can't while bills are still eating my paychecks alive and I'm living off ramen and dollar store food because that's all I can afford.  Give it a few months and when I'm caught up I can consider buying games again, but Cold Steel 2 tops the list.  For now though, I'm at least back to playing Cold Steel.

It can't while bills are still eating my paychecks alive and I'm living off ramen and dollar store food because that's all I can afford.  Give it a few months and when I'm caught up I can consider buying games again, but Cold Steel 2 tops the list.  For now though, I'm at least back to playing Cold Steel.

Or you can wait with Sen II until Sen III :)