[Import PP]Trails in the Project Platinum

Satoshi Ookami

1 hour ago, fantrig99 said:

Hi Satoshi may I be eligible for this board for senior bracer? I played Trails of Cold Steel I and II EU version and quickly became one of my favorite JRPG series. Falcom does not disappoint and eagerly awaiting for Cold Steel III.

If you only played them, you wouldn't be eligible :awesome: 

But you Platted them and that does qualify you! Congratulations! :awesome: 

1 hour ago, fantrig99 said:

Hi Satoshi may I be eligible for this board for senior bracer? I played Trails of Cold Steel I and II EU version and quickly became one of my favorite JRPG series. Falcom does not disappoint and eagerly awaiting for Cold Steel III.

Yes! Haven't finished CSII yet, but I'm close. It's really, really difficult not to look at the new character models. I hope - because it will be exclusively on the PS4 - there will be much more content, and Laura (my fave wifey, obviously) gets a much deeper profile. It does get a bit bland when all she talks about is her sword skills, discipline, swimming, and her sword skills. Though Fie's ending was pretty cute :) 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

If you only played them, you wouldn't be eligible :awesome: 

But you Platted them and that does qualify you! Congratulations! :awesome: 

Thanks Satoshi! I'm thinking of getting the Vita versions of them in the near future. May I ask if those versions have a separate trophy list? They are such great games I feel like replaying them.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:38 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Yes! Haven't finished CSII yet, but I'm close. It's really, really difficult not to look at the new character models. I hope - because it will be exclusively on the PS4 - there will be much more content, and Laura (my fave wifey, obviously) gets a much deeper profile. It does get a bit bland when all she talks about is her sword skills, discipline, swimming, and her sword skills. Though Fie's ending was pretty cute :) 

Laura is also my favorite too, then Fie and Sara when it comes to character interactions and bonding events. I think the new character models in Cold Steel III and the screenshots looks pretty good so far. From the great trailers and information I have read, it seems Cold Steel III will have a lot of connections with other games from the series like Crossbell Arc and others so might have to play the other games in the series to understand the full picture. I also wonder if they will port Cold Steel III to the Vita someday. 

Edited by fantrig99

6 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

May I ask if those versions have a separate trophy list?

Yep, Vita and PS3 are separate.

6 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

I also wonder if they will port Cold Steel III to the Vita someday. 

Unfortunately, that is out of question. Falcom decided it would be PS4-only and that's the obvious signal they don't plan to have Sen III on Vita at all. 

Otherwise, Sen III would be PSV/PS4

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

Thanks Satoshi! I'm thinking of getting the Vita versions of them in the near future. May I ask if those versions have a separate trophy list? They are such great games I feel like replaying them.

Laura is also my favorite too, then Fie and Sara when it comes to character interactions and bonding events. I think the new character models in Cold Steel III and the screenshots looks pretty good so far. From the great trailers and information I have read, it seems Cold Steel III will have a lot of connections with other games from the series like Crossbell Arc and others so might have to play the other games in the series to understand the full picture. I also wonder if they will port Cold Steel III to the Vita someday. 

Don't know if you remember or not, but the game struggled in some parts on the Vita. I'm glad they made the decision to have the game on the PS4 exclusively. Probably the first time that I am.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Are you sure? Unless they're on the other pages for some reason, these seem to be the only ones I can find:

5LdvRIb.png

I can't find the Japanese lists at all by searching though, so maybe the search function itself is the problem.

7 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Are you sure? Unless they're on the other pages for some reason, these seem to be the only ones I can find:

5LdvRIb.png

Oh... what... why did I think they were split...? 

For some reason I was convinced they were split... Well, this is disappointing :/

Japanese are here.

https://psnprofiles.com/search?q=英

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That works? Weird. At first I searched "センノキセキ" and got no results. Maybe not the best reasoning, but I figured that if it worked on the Playstation store it would here as well. Next, I gave up and just copy and pasted the exact title, but even then I still got no results.

Edited by Cave_Johnson_
Typo

49 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

That works? Weird. At first I searched "センノキセキ" and got no results. Maybe not the best reasoning, but I figured that if it worked on the Playstation store it would here as well. Next, I gave up and just copy and pasted the exact title, but even then I still got no results.

(Because I obviously explained this already, sasuga my weeb power level :awesome:

16 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Thanks for the confirmation! 

15 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Don't know if you remember or not, but the game struggled in some parts on the Vita. I'm glad they made the decision to have the game on the PS4 exclusively. Probably the first time that I am.

I haven't played the Vita version before. Did the game have issues when its running on the Vita?  

Edited by fantrig99

Ohh this is a nice platinum project! ^^ If only I were more of a platinum hunter, I would be very interested in joining this! Maybe someday I'll get to plating my Trails of games.... probably because I've played most Trails of games extensively on the PC platform already that I lack the motivation to complete everything again.

Edited by Raine_Evenstar

9 hours ago, Raine_Evenstar said:

Ohh this is a nice platinum project! ^^ If only I were more of a platinum hunter, I would be very interested in joining this! Maybe someday I'll get to plating my Trails of games.... probably because I've played most Trails of games extensively on the PC platform already that I lack the motivation to complete everything again.

Do it! Do it! Enjoy them in the glorious Nipponese! :D

On 9/13/2017 at 3:24 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

It was wrong =/ They have shared list.

Good to know. I will still replay those games for the great story, characters and music alone later on to get ready for Cold Steel III as it approaches its western release probably sometime next year. Really hoping Falcom will localize the other games on consoles in the future so we can fully experience this incredible series. I think they recently released Trails in the Sky trilogy on PC but for other games maybe time will tell.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:17 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Yep, it did! Especially during those important scenes where there is casting of magic.

I see. Is it the framerate drop? By the way, how's your progression with Cold Steel II?   

Edited by fantrig99

2 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

I see. Is it the framerate drop? By the way, how's your progression with Cold Steel II?   

Yep, tons of framerate drops, especially during the finale scenes.

Anyway, I finished the Finale yesterday, and I gotta say, "it was amazing!!!" The third fight was a bit difficult, not only because the boss, but because I was using a group of some of Class 7 that I put on the backburner. It worked out in the end, but I had Alisa's MQ to Level 5, and I'm really glad I did it. She was the weakest link. I'm playing the Divertissement right now - just started it actually. The opening scenes were awesome. It makes me even more sure that I want to play the Sky series on PC. I'll be looking for some sales on Gog.

10 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Yep, tons of framerate drops, especially during the finale scenes.

Anyway, I finished the Finale yesterday, and I gotta say, "it was amazing!!!" The third fight was a bit difficult, not only because the boss, but because I was using a group of some of Class 7 that I put on the backburner. It worked out in the end, but I had Alisa's MQ to Level 5, and I'm really glad I did it. She was the weakest link. I'm playing the Divertissement right now - just started it actually. The opening scenes were awesome. It makes me even more sure that I want to play the Sky series on PC. I'll be looking for some sales on Gog.

Awesome! I think the finale ending in Cold Steel II is without a doubt one of the best and most emotional JRPG endings I have ever seen and it made me cried a little. Nice accomplishment on the third fight as I agree with it being pretty challenging due to me playing mainly with the party of Laura, Fie, Sara, Rean, Emma, Alisa and Jusis. The other characters were a little underleveled so probably I just got lucky with the continuous usage of S-break moves by refilling the CP every turn. The Divertissement I think were characters from the other games in the Legend of Heroes series if I'm correct? I also enjoyed that opening as a new beginning after the finale. I haven't played the Trails in the Sky trilogy yet but as part of the great Legend of Heroes series it will be great. 

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

Just finished the first playthrough, and I really enjoyed it. I had a bit of a problem with the last boss, but I forgot to put an anti- Vanish accessory on 2 Emma and Laura, and I allowed LL to get a 10% HP bonus.

Might take a break though before I do my Nightmare run. Upset that I missed 1 Notebook Data, and I forgot to scan 1 enemy at Lohengrin Castle. Can't wait for the 3rd one to get localized! Are there any news yet? I hope it doesn't take too long.

Edited by Edunstar84

11 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Just finished the first playthrough, and I really enjoyed it. I had a bit of a problem with the last boss, but I forgot to put an anti- Vanish accessory on 2 Emma and Laura, and I allowed LL to get a 10% HP bonus.

Might take a break though before I do my Nightmare run. Upset that I missed 1 Notebook Data, and I forgot to scan 1 enemy at Lohengrin Castle. Can't wait for the 3rd one to get localized! Are there any news yet? I hope it doesn't take too long.

Congratulations! I also found the last boss quite hard and it was just like a highly powered up version from the first game. Laura was the strongest and I mainly used Lost Arts combined with overdrives and S-breaks to deal damage. Most of the accessories and quartz were increasing strength and HP for Laura and the other characters. I also didn't realize putting on anti-vanish accessories until the Nightmare playthrough. Don't worry about the Notebook data and the enemy scan as you can carry them over for New game plus. By the way, which character bonding events did you get for your first run? For me its Laura first then most of the girls besides Princess Alfin, Millium and Towa.:)  

In regards to the 3rd game they have currently only announced the Japanese release date on the 28th of September 2017. I think Falcom mentioned before that Cold Steel III will be the largest game in the Cold Steel arc. From some of the screenshots and trailers I have seen they have included major characters from other Legend of Heroes series arc like Crossbell and Trails in the Sky trilogy. Being such a grand-scale game I guess there will be massive amounts of story text to translate and so might take awhile. I'm hoping for the localization release to be sometime next year and can't wait!        

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1