[Import PP]Trails in the Project Platinum

Satoshi Ookami

22 hours ago, killivincent said:

Dammit, now they fixed it.... ? Well, good for those who are playing right now! By the way how is your progress with the game?

Still in the first day of Chapter 1 ?. I already spent 18 hours in the game, but ~75% of those hours is just for taking notes, formatting, translation, and (passing out ? ). So far I like the new battle system which is brave orders and guard break, new card mini-game Vantage Masters. I didn't like the new fishing mini-game at first since I tried to catch high leveled species by using Rod Level 1 which is nearly impossible to do it, then I decided to do cheap Mira trick to get enough money to buy all available Fishing Gears in the shop then those high leveled species could be caught easily; however, I still prefer the old button mashing style which I never fail to catch any species.

1 hour ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Still in the first day of Chapter 1 1f605.png. I already spent 18 hours in the game, but ~75% of those hours is just for taking notes, formatting, translation, and (passing out 1f602.png ). So far I like the new battle system which is brave orders and guard break, new card mini-game Vantage Masters. I didn't like the new fishing mini-game at first since I tried to catch high leveled species by using Rod Level 1 which is nearly impossible to do it, then I decided to do cheap Mira trick to get enough money to buy all available Fishing Gears in the shop then those high leveled species could be caught easily; however, I still prefer the old button mashing style which I never fail to catch any species.

Are you doing a trophy guide perhaps? Also I thought the new battle features made the game way too easy, probably the easiest Kiseki game I have played. I too enjoyed Vantage Masters more than Blade at least! And fishing.. Yeah didn't like that much, I prefer the fishing the from Sora, Zero and Ao.. :D And don't pass out from playing too much!

Edited by killivincent

2 hours ago, killivincent said:

Are you doing a trophy guide perhaps? Also I thought the new battle features made the game way too easy, probably the easiest Kiseki game I have played. I too enjoyed Vantage Masters more than Blade at least! And fishing.. Yeah didn't like that much, I prefer the fishing the from Sora, Zero and Ao.. :D And don't pass out from playing too much!

Same as previous two games, Overall Walkthrough and Trophy Guide. The JPN guides take a lot of time to finish but once they are complete then the English guide will be done quickly since I only need to replace the English map/images, remove all JPN characters, and update the official translation.

Yeah, that's why I like it. Want to know my setup and strategy in previous games? ? I put all STR quartz and accessories on Laura and Rean....kill all the bosses with ease on Normal mode (not work well on 1st playthrough Nightmare mode ). Playing each game 8 times on different difficulty mode, I never bother to use other quartz except some stupid required elemental slots. If the characters are the beasts then I give them all STR-related stuff, while Emma and Elliot have all ATS ones. As a huge fan of hack and slash games, I prefer using physical attack in JRPG except some special cases which physical attack is not working.

Blade is too random and luck-based. This new card game reminds me of Monster Monpiece because it requires certain amount of Mana to summon the cards. At least the game doesn't "award a penalty" for losing such as losing some cards like the one in FF8 and FF9.

How is the fishing game in those games?

I wish I passed out because of playing too much ?. 60 working hours (+12 hrs for driving and preparing) weekly, therefore I pass out 90% of time while playing game every night, specially grinding tedious trophies.

10 hours ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Same as previous two games, Overall Walkthrough and Trophy Guide. The JPN guides take a lot of time to finish but once they are complete then the English guide will be done quickly since I only need to replace the English map/images, remove all JPN characters, and update the official translation.

Yeah, that's why I like it. Want to know my setup and strategy in previous games? 1f601.png I put all STR quartz and accessories on Laura and Rean....kill all the bosses with ease on Normal mode (not work well on 1st playthrough Nightmare mode ). Playing each game 8 times on different difficulty mode, I never bother to use other quartz except some stupid required elemental slots. If the characters are the beasts then I give them all STR-related stuff, while Emma and Elliot have all ATS ones. As a huge fan of hack and slash games, I prefer using physical attack in JRPG except some special cases which physical attack is not working.

Blade is too random and luck-based. This new card game reminds me of Monster Monpiece because it requires certain amount of Mana to summon the cards. At least the game doesn't "award a penalty" for losing such as losing some cards like the one in FF8 and FF9.

How is the fishing game in those games?

I wish I passed out because of playing too much 1f61e.png. 60 working hours (+12 hrs for driving and preparing) weekly, therefore I pass out 90% of time while playing game every night, specially grinding tedious trophies.

Right, that must take a lot of work, but your guides are very good, I used them when playing Sen I and Sen II in japanese! Maybe site could help you: http://kamikouryaku.net/sennokiseki3/ I used it when I played the game. 

Well, all Sen games were kinda easy, with all that delaying you can do in Sen I and Sen II and in Sen II with Sara's S-Craft (with right set up) she destroyed every boss even in nightmare...

Vantage Masters actually is a real Falcom's card game in Japan :D

The fishing was just more fun in older games, you had many rods to choose from and many different baits and even tough the fishing it self was quite simple: you quickly had to press circle when your character had the ! on her/his head, you needed to be quick.

Maybe you should take a little break?

Edited by killivincent

2 hours ago, killivincent said:

Right, that must take a lot of work, but your guides are very good, I used them when playing Sen I and Sen II in japanese! Maybe site could help you: http://kamikouryaku.net/sennokiseki3/ I used it when I played the game. 

Well, all Sen games were kinda easy, with all that delaying you can do in Sen I and Sen II and in Sen II with Sara's S-Craft (with right set up) she destroyed every boss even in nightmare...

Vantage Masters actually is a real Falcom's card game in Japan :D

The fishing was just more fun in older games, you had many rods to choose from and many different baits and even tough the fishing it self was quite simple: you quickly had to press circle when your character had the ! on her/his head, you needed to be quick.

Maybe you should take a little break?

That is the same website I used to write guide for Sen 1 and 2, as well as the current guide; however, I only use it to make checklist or double check the missable entries. The website which I use to write the walkthrough is http://game-kouryaku.info/sen-no-kiseki3/, it's simple and "friendly" compared to the wall of texts from other site.

It's okay. "Somehow, I'm still alive", it's a good thing, I think ?. I actually want to finish this game and the guides as soon as I can. Spending too much time on playing one game is not my habit anymore.

It seems the new patch Ver.104 also has another issue. It makes the game freeze at certain point on the last day in final chapter.

23 minutes ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

That is the same website I used to write guide for Sen 1 and 2, as well as the current guide; however, I only use it to make checklist or double check the missable entries. The website which I use to write the walkthrough is http://game-kouryaku.info/sen-no-kiseki3/, it's simple and "friendly" compared to the wall of texts from other site.

It's okay. "Somehow, I'm still alive", it's a good thing, I think 1f605.png. I actually want to finish this game and the guides as soon as I can. Spending too much time on playing one game is not my habit anymore.

It seems the new patch Ver.104 also has another issue. It makes the game freeze at certain point on the last day in final chapter.

Good luck with the guide! Maybe you will win the guide of the year award this year too! (You will have my vote already :D)

Well, maybe you can play some light games same time as you play Sen III :), but true I can't really focus on one game at the time either... By the way how did you find platinuming Final Fantasy IX? (This is not the forum for asking I guess, but anyway..) I'm kinda nervous about starting it since the trophies look kinda annoying..

In patch 1.03 there were some random freezes when battling in final chapter.. Well, good luck that you're not in the final chapter yet :D You're getting close at meeting Emma, she comes in Chapter 2, it's the best chapter anyways!

OOooh Very tempting - I have Most the Trails game ( I think maybe all of them   Trails in the sky heros, Psp - and the two Cold steels 
I need ta get back in to them, xD like 7 hours into psp version, tottaly lost, And only recently got the 3rd? party member,  Cold Steel - think im maybe just finnishing second chapter, 

Great games, Just so much back log

19 minutes ago, killivincent said:

Good luck with the guide! Maybe you will win the guide of the year award this year too! (You will have my vote already :D)

Well, maybe you can play some light games same time as you play Sen III :), but true I can't really focus on one game at the time either... By the way how did you find platinuming Final Fantasy IX? (This is not the forum for asking I guess, but anyway..) I'm kinda nervous about starting it since the trophies look kinda annoying..

In patch 1.03 there were some random freezes when battling in final chapter.. Well, good luck that you're not in the final chapter yet :D You're getting close at meeting Emma, she comes in Chapter 2, it's the best chapter anyways!

Thanks! lol, first of all I need to finish the guide before GOTY207 deadline in order to make it available in eligible list; however, I doubt it.

Nah, I may not come back to Sen III if I play other games now. Yeah, it's not a forum to discuss other games, otherwise @ Satoshi Ookami will kick me out of his fav PP. I will pm you the tips how to unlock some "stupid" trophies later.

Freezing issue also happens in Sen I and II, so I'm not surprised if I encounter one in Sen III ?. Yay, I would call it Emma Chapter.

25 minutes ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Thanks! lol, first of all I need to finish the guide before GOTY207 deadline in order to make it available in eligible list; however, I doubt it.

Nah, I may not come back to Sen III if I play other games now. Yeah, it's not a forum to discuss other games, otherwise @ Satoshi Ookami will kick me out of his fav PP. I will pm you the tips how to unlock some "stupid" trophies later.

Freezing issue also happens in Sen I and II, so I'm not surprised if I encounter one in Sen III 1f605.png. Yay, I would call it Emma Chapter.

Okay, thanks in advance for FFIX! I don't wanna be kicked out either :D

Well if not this year, then next year your guide can make it. Hopefully freezing issues are fixed when Sen I and Sen II come in PS4! Chapter 2 is the best it has the best city to be at and my favourite character makes an appreance :)

Edited by killivincent

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2017 at 8:27 PM, killivincent said:

Amazing! Hope to see your guide soon! Congralations for the platinum! :)

Thanks! Overall Walkthrough (including detailed checklists and  partial trophy guide info) will be done on January 1st, 2018 (if I’m still alive :P). The trophy guide may take another month to complete ?.

On 12/25/2017 at 1:42 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Duuuude, dat time =D

Congrats =D You could have waited until 200 :awesome: 

Lol, nah. I needed to finish that game quickly for personal purposes. I planned to make it 150th plat; however, I changed my mind and decided Sudden Strike 4’s plat (World War II Veteran) would be be a perfect milestone for a history geek. Getting plat for this game is not an easy task ?.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa

9 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

>quickly

>195 hours

:awesome: 

I meant waiting until 200 hours, not 200 Plats =D

195 hrs gameplay includes the time to take notes and write guide :P. This game may take ~50 hrs to plat (excluding reading texts). Reading texts, “enjoying” the beautiful landscapes, and listening to nice music will take more than 100 hrs for personal entertainment.

Yeah, I knew what you meant ?, because I haven’t reach 150th plat, why would you recommend to wait until 200th plat ? right (maybe CS3 English version)? I only have one PS4, there is no way I will wait for 6 hrs to plat CS3 while I can spend these 6 hours to finish 2-3 missions in SS4, or at least extra time to sleep ?.

• 2 weeks later...