Coming soon to PS4: Siren, Ape Escape 3, Okage, Wild Arms 3, Primal

Finozzi1696

Wild Arms 3 is my least favorite of the series.

also your Primal link goes to Far Cry Primal not Primal from PS2.

this is some months old, i think that the ESRB rating took some of them down due to "accidentally leaking them", but they were indeed leaked on the site that day, so we might see them on ps4 soon, and well don't lose your hops for the other wild arms to come, if this ps2 emulation thing keeps being successful on the ps4 like it's being now then we are going to likely see many of our favorite ps2 games on ps4 in the future, we just have to keep supporting it.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Yeeesssss, this is what I've been dreaming for years. I never went back to finish tons of games from the PS2 era because of Trophies. My hope is that one day FF XII will get emulated and I'll be able to Plat that game.

Agreed, I loved FF XII, it was the first one I played.

• Like 1

I want to buy persona 3 now, but i'm really scared that they will release it again for the ps4.

anyway, yay :D good games.

it hasn't been leaked anything about it so i will say it might take some time before that game gets released, unless sony decides to unexpectedly announce its release just 1 week before it hits the store like they did some time before, but right now they have only been releasing games published by them or rockstar, so i guess they would also need to make a deal first with atlus or whoever published that game before porting it to the ps4, anyways we just need to keep supporting this ps2 emulation thing (with money obviously) and i'm sure we'll see many of our favorites ps2 games with trophies soon.

• 2 months later...

Omfg! WildArms!? Hell yes.

Agreed, I loved FF XII, it was the first one I played.

Remaster is coming.

its trophy list has been leaked since days ago, and its name appeared leaked on the ESRB site on december, it surprises me that just now you have found out that it was coming to the ps4  :o let's hope the other games of the franchise comes to ps4 with trophies too.

Ape Escape 3 was good fun back in the PS2 days, but I'm guessing that the PS4 version is highly unlikely to include the brilliant Mesal Gear Solid minigame, unless a deal is worked out with Konami?

i might be wrong but i don't think they have excluded anything from this ps2 ports, besides their online, so i'm not sure about that mgs minigame, it seems more like a parody than a serious thing but i haven't played it so i don't know, might check it out when it comes out.

i hope that sony makes a deal with konami to release some of their ps2 titles like the silent hill franchise, that might also influence whatever that mgs minigame is included or not.

okage_sjblack_111913_by_evilapple513-d6u:yay::awesome:

It would be SOOOOOO cool to see Okage come out on PS4. I completed the game on PS2 years ago, it's a wacky classic. If it has a platinum, which I am SURE it will due to the fact that Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy do, I WOULD DROP ALL MY PROJECTS TO GET THE PLATINUM ON IT!!! I loved the wacky dialogue and the crazy characters. :eyebrow:

And if Ape Escape 3 got on the PS4 as a PS2 remake with trophies, I'd plat it too. Those games were a part of my gaming heritage and it would be an honor to bring these games into my trophy checklist. <_<

so where did you excitement go? its already available since months ago and for an unexpected cheaper price compared to the other ps2 games who also have a platinum, and you still haven't played it  :D

i might be wrong but i don't think they have excluded anything from this ps2 ports, besides their online, so i'm not sure about that mgs minigame, it seems more like a parody than a serious thing but i haven't played it so i don't know, might check it out when it comes out.

Yeah, the Mesal Gear Solid minigame was a parody of MGS1, and was fantastic fun.  Heck, even MGS3 Subsistence, which was released at roughly the same time, included a crossover minigame where Snake had to capture the apes from the Ape Escape games.  That was also cool to play, and it would be amazing if Konami ever released that on PS3/PS4. :D

Yeah, the Mesal Gear Solid minigame was a parody of MGS1, and was fantastic fun.  Heck, even MGS3 Subsistence, which was released at roughly the same time, included a crossover minigame where Snake had to capture the apes from the Ape Escape games.  That was also cool to play, and it would be amazing if Konami ever released that on PS3/PS4. :D

absolutely, i don't know if they are going to release it on ps3 since this ps2 emulation is for ps4 and its different from the one on the ps3 but it would be good to have it again.

either way let's hope konami allows it!

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely will pick up Siren. If any Fatal Frame, any Silent Hill, Haunting Ground 1 & 2 or ObsCure 1 & 2 come to PS4, I'll need a clean up in Aisle 3

:o those are EXACTLY my thoughts! where have you been all my life? xD

I have a thread (with over 500 replies) where everyone can say which PS2 games they want to see next on PS4, don't know if you already know it but you can participate if you want: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/ and those games that you mentioned are exactly the ones that I would love to see the most, specially the Fatal Frame trilogy, would buy that in a heartbeat! I'm a fan of the horror genre, not only on games but also on movies and series :)

P.S.: Haunting Ground 2?  :D would be awesome to have a sequel someday.

Edited by Finozzi1696

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if it's just me but I can't see these games rated for PS4

The ratings for PS4 appeared way back in December but were quickly removed, probably at Sony's request because they didn't want them leaked, and sure enough the games have since appeared on PS4. Just waiting on Siren and Ape Escape now.

The ratings for PS4 appeared way back in December but were quickly removed, probably at Sony's request because they didn't want them leaked, and sure enough the games have since appeared on PS4. Just waiting on Siren and Ape Escape now.

Ah makes sense. Hyped to get Siren (:

Cool to see that this "rumor" is still holding ground after all of this time. But to be honest, aside from possibly picking up Wild Arms 3 sometime down the line, I'm still just waiting for Ape Escape 3.

Come on, E3, don't lemme down...

ape escape 2 is also coming to ps4, if you are interested on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

hope to see new leaks like this after both ape escape are released! siren's trophy list just got leaked so it won't take long until it gets released.

• 2 weeks later...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

okage: released on march 23/22, 2016 
wild arms 3: released on may 17, 2016 
primal: released on may 31, 2016 
siren: released on june 14, 2016 

ape escape 2 and 3: ?

according to that there was a 3-2 weeks difference between each launch, so i assume we will get an ape escape game on june 28?

• Like 1