Daredevil Trophy Issues (36 Unique Jumps)

DWreckt-

Unfortunately it appears certain registers are glitched and jumps will fail to be recognized as satisfying the counter.  Based on the video here, neither jump 15 (edited, mistakenly put 16) or 23 will be detected in my save file.  After perusing the web, I decided to attempt the jumps on a new game file and, unfortunately, neither jump registers on new game files either.  Terribly frustrating since this locks me out of both the Daredevil and 100% completion trophy, not to mention the platinum.

Any known fixes, fellow trophy whores?

EDIT:  [From post #9 below]

SUCCESS!!

Crisis averted: going through the list again, jumps #4 and #6 popped as unique stunt jumps, though I'd swear on my Grandmother's grave it was the second time for each (sadly I've no evidence to prove it).  But daredevil is achieved, now all that remains is the 100% and Godfather trophies.

Edited by Pavlovs-Dogg

Save, do the jump, wait for it to register, if not, save, do the jump, reload, do the jump, reload, do the jump, until it pops.

VC was a little iffy with a few things like this back in the day anyways.

No luck, attempted each jump 10x with the outlined strategy with no success.  >.<

Are you 100% sure those are the 2 you missed. Do you at least get the insane stunt bonus when completed.

Yes, I was following the video guide step-for-step but skipped those two because they wouldn't pop and completed the rest.  And I do get the insane stunt bonus calculator to show up and the money reward, but nothing with respect to the jump being a "Unique Stunt Bonus!"

Yes, I was following the video guide step-for-step but skipped those two because they wouldn't pop and completed the rest.  And I do get the insane stunt bonus calculator to show up and the money reward, but nothing with respect to the jump being a "Unique Stunt Bonus!"

If you got the insane stunt bonus to show up the Unique one should have shown up as well. I think it may be glitched. Your best bet would be to keep trying or go through the whole list again. Perhaps you forgot to save after doing one of the other stunts.  

If you got the insane stunt bonus to show up the Unique one should have shown up as well. I think it may be glitched. Your best bet would be to keep trying or go through the whole list again. Perhaps you forgot to save after doing one of the other stunts.  

Suppose I don't have any choice if I'm going to platinum.  I don't have the stamina to put together another playthrough for 100%.

SUCCESS!!

Crisis averted: going through the list again, jumps #4 and #6 popped as unique stunt jumps, though I'd swear on my Grandmother's grave it was the second time for each (sadly I've no evidence to prove it).  But daredevil is achieved, now all that remains is the 100% and Godfather trophies.

SUCCESS!!

Yeah some stunts that i was pretty sure i completed during normal play ended up showing as unique as i was going through the list. Lucky you only had to do 6 stunts

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Am now myself in this situation, ran through the jumps a few times each and nothing, 35 out of 36. Not a single cheat used, so it's nothing like that. Am bummed.

Update: Read some YouTube comments, number 8 on your video, I thought it was the one fucking me up pretty well since the start, but when I started my jump run, I just ignored it and thought I'd gotten it during PCJ Playground...the comment was along the lines of "fuck what he does in the video, just land in the alley way, worked for me" and I got it on my first try, so to anyone reading this, if you think number 8 is fucking you, there you go.

The lot is done now. Honestly hoped I wouldn't have to turn to a guide but I couldn't remember where the last one was, turned out I didn't forget shit.

• 2 weeks later...

im having the same issue, missing one jump. spent about 3 days already and hours retrying each one. not sure which one didnt register. its really annoying

theres no way to know which one it is by any chance is there?

edit i finally got it after spending another entire day on it it was the stairs in the alleyway which i know worked before so i dunno why it didnt register. this time i landed way to the left off screen somewhere and it popped.

now im stuck at 99% lol

Edited by melodicmizery

• 1 month later...

I'm stuck at 35/36.

I'm 100% certain that the last jump I am missing is the last one you have to do in the G-Spotlight mission. When I started doing the jumps after I beat the game already, I noticed I was at 1/36, when there's 3 to do in that mission. I was able to get the 2nd one to register, so it's either the first or the last.

Is there any fix for this jump? I've tried loading the game in a different file but that did nothing. The only thing I've yet to try is delete and reinstall the game.

• 2 months later...

Can someone plz give me tips on how to complete jump 34 in ocean beach

USB_34.JPG

If that's the one you mean then you need to use a fast bike, there's a PCJ just up the hill directly behind where that screenshot is taken so use that. I can't remember if you have to land on the roof or the back alley so try both.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't believe this 35/36 I have no idea which one it is and now im gonna have replay them all back again!

But im not giving up on this!

EDIT: I've just replayed them and #17 off of Stilefty's Video was the one that wasn't registering so if anyone else's game is glitched try #17 it might just work

Also I tried each one twice just to make sure that each one was registering correctly

Edited by CubeLaugh
My game was glitched but then I found a solution

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have finished them all and got 33 out of 36,then i did one in ocean beach that i am pretty sure got it during the first try,now im 34 and missing 2,can anyone tell me which jumps were glitched for them to try them first?

update:i got them all there are 3 jumps that you should look out for and all 3 are in the first area of the game,you should do them with a specific angel if not it wouldnt pop

Edited by masius93

• 2 years later...

I've been going back and completing games I've given up on and this is one of them . . . really debating if going through the stunt jumps is worth it. I'm only missing a couple trophies for it but I remember doing them all twice and giving up when it wouldn't pop

Edit: 3/25/20 - not worth having to redo every jump again in HOPES it pops. Not enjoyable. Did a few on the first island as I'm at 20, even though I've done 21. No way to tell which one didn't truly register.

Edit: 4/25/20 - it was jump 11 - on my way to plat!

I used this guide: 

Edited by MikeCheck--

• 9 months later...

For what it’s worth , 18 and 24 were ones I thought were fine but went through them again when I was registered as 34/36. I could have sworn they were fine. 18 I used a car in the end , couldn’t get it with a bike. Hope this helps someone. 

Edited by JWill_55
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I was stuck on 35/36 and I checked all the common missed stunt jumps and even re-did every single one 10+ times in different vehicles, from different angles etc. I read that cheats can mess up the counter for stunt jumps/hidden packages so at upper 90% I ended up just biting the bullet and starting fresh with no cheats. Ended up nailing all stunt jumps first time with the exception of a couple that needed an extra go.

Absolutely gut wrenching having to do the paramedic missions/taxi missions/hidden packages/rampages again but luckily it’s one of my favourite games so it didn’t bother me as much. I hope you don’t have to start again

• Like 1