Which Tales Game to Start With?

Kuro_Ouji22

All the Tales games are great. Each one is unique and yet they also share some things you'll be familiar with. I believe that if a game is good it doesn't really matter what order you play them, I started with Xillia and was still able to enjoy Symphonia. But start with whichever game you're feeling, if you enjoyed your first Tales game you're probably gonna end up playing the rest of them anyway. :P

Symphonia, Chronicles, Vesperia, Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, Zestiria. In that order.

Thanks for the help guys! I may start symphonia chronicles since i have heard from multiple people that its a great game! I would like to play vesperia but i do not own a 360 and i hear its only available as a Japanese release for PS3.

You can import it using Play-Asia.

I started with Xillia and it was amazing. Definitely made me a fan of the series. I don't know if I'd be as enthusiastic about the series if I started with something like Graces f which is probably the weakest Tales game I've played so far. Also Xillia is quite easy compared to other Tales games and is less complex. It's a good starting point to get your bearings before moving onto other, more complicated titles in the series.

• 1 month later...

Start off with any of them that catch your attention, because they're all not the same at all, all of them have different characters, Different stories, and different combat systems sometimes they may incorporate something from the older tales of games, Like for example Zestiria  has similar combat to graces f, but with a little bit of a tweek  to make it unique to Zestiria, so buy whatever one you like, becaues trust me, They will not follow the previous games except for the Tales of Xillia and Symphonia so far have sequels to them.

Symphonia. I actually think Xillia is the worst of them (atleast among tjose I've played, which are most major console NA releases.

My ranking!! Not that anyone cares, but this is an excellent opportunity to ''force'' my opinion on others! Something I just can't miss!

Symphonia > Rebirth > Phantasia > Xillia 2 > Abyss > Destiny > Graces f > Vesperia > Dawn of the New World > Xillia > Legendia > Tempest > Eternia

Eternia is fantastic. Get out of here with this opinion!