Trophy thoughts?

GumiDeLaGumi

I missed out on this on PS2, but god damn do I love rhythm games. Can't wait to pick this up, especially after the kinda funny lets play.

NkxWgp.gif

Complete all songs on super sounds crazy hard, but atleast you dont have to get the 3 gold bar rating. 

• Like 4

Looking forward to it. But if the "Team" thingy is local MP, this might be a problem for me...

You can solo the Group Therapy trophy if you have 2 controllers. What's more concerning is that I've met the criteria for Imperturbable and it's not unlocked.

Edit: Imperturbable does unlock, it's just weird.

Edited by Elliot - Pie

Also does anyone know how much this will be?

I think the Kickstarter said it would be 20 bucks, how much that will be in different currencies I don't know though.

I gave them 30 (I think it was 30, I have the confirmation email somewhere) when they announced it and that got me a code to download it when it comes out, either way, I'm set.

Also, trophy thoughts, this sucker looks way too easy. I was a beast on the Frequency demo in the day and when I got around to pirating acquiring the full game I kicked the living shit out of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can solo the Group Therapy trophy if you have 2 controllers. What's more concerning is that I've met the criteria for Imperturbable and it's not unlocked.

How can you solo Group Therapy?

Looks like there are three coop trophies: that one, Aggressive Tendencies, and Imperturbable. Aggressive Tendencies should be pretty easy solo. Not sure about Imperturbable; maybe if you earn the power up on P2 and then start a streak on P1 and activate the P2 one quickly during a break, idk.

I'm a little disappointed with Luminary. I finally unlocked the last song and I triple barred it but didn't get the trophy. Then realized I had replayed a song on a harder difficulty and had overwritten my three bar with a two bar. I guess the game doesn't remember that I had a three bar on a lower difficulty. So yeah, make sure you only play on easy difficulties until you get Luminary since you can't overwrite a higher difficulty with a lower one unless you manage to out score it.

Edit: Maybe Luminary is just glitched. I now have quickplay song select showing triple bar on all songs but still no trophy...

Edit edit: I guess the game didn't like it that I played offline yesterday. It didn't automatically update my online scores and I wonder if it used those for the trophy or something. In any case, I just replayed a few songs that I knew I had bumped from 2 to 3 bar yesterday and eventually it popped for me.

Edited by andyscout

Hey guys!

How do you get three gold bars? Do you have to play on a specific difficulty or do you have to do something special? I can't figure it out.

Edit edit: I guess the game didn't like it that I played offline yesterday. It didn't automatically update my online scores and I wonder if it used those for the trophy or something. In any case, I just replayed a few songs that I knew I had bumped from 2 to 3 bar yesterday and eventually it popped for me.

That's bad news. Why would a game like Amplitude have online trophies when the multiplayer is locally and in your case the trophy is singleplayer? Bad news indeed... I love the game but that is weird.

There seems to be a score threshold for earning 3 gold bars. So you could 100% a song on Intermediate difficulty, but since there are less notes on that mode compared to other difficulty settings, your overall score will be too low. To get a high enough score, you have to play on a difficulty where you can score above that threshold. I did all mine on expert. I once got top 3% on a song on advanced, and the score still wasn't high enough to meet the requirements.

• Like 1

Complete all songs on super sounds crazy hard, but atleast you dont have to get the 3 gold bar rating. 

I double checked the trophy list, and apparently you do have to get the 3 gold bar rating for all songs

EDIT: Ok so I don't know a thing about this game, except that it was really popular on the PS2. Is this game similar to that one game (I think on the phone or PC) where you have to collect these bar things while playing to any song?

Edited by GarciaFever

There seems to be a score threshold for earning 3 gold bars. So you could 100% a song on Intermediate difficulty, but since there are less notes on that mode compared to other difficulty settings, your overall score will be too low. To get a high enough score, you have to play on a difficulty where you can score above that threshold. I did all mine on expert. I once got top 3% on a song on advanced, and the score still wasn't high enough to meet the requirements.

That is insane! I am top 3% on Perfect Brain now and overall but it doesn't mean a thing to the game, haha! That's going to be some frustrating game sessions but my body is ready!

EDIT: Ok so I don't know a thing about this game, except that it was really popular on the PS2. Is this game similar to that one game (I think on the phone or PC) where you have to collect these bar things while playing to any song?

No, you get these gold bars by earning enough points on a track. This is what the game is about:

EDIT: So I just did another run on Expert of Perfect Brain and at 1846 I finally got the gold bars. Would be cool if we had a list with these thresholds for every song.

Edited by jerrikoe

@jerrikoe umm i am completely lost on what the goal of the game is. I understand that I have to switch from synth to vocal and other stuff, but how do I know where I have actually passed or failed something?

The general goal of the game is to get as many points as possible. How do you achieve these points is easy: you hit the notes. Notes are laid out in sequences. The more sequences you complete in succession, the higher your multiplier gets (right side, called streak) to earn even more points per note (up to 8 when you use a certain power-up).

For every note you miss once per sequence, you lose energy (left side). The higher the difficulty, the more notes appear in sequences.

When you complete a sequence you can see it vanish and with it the whole track (Vocals, Drums, etc.) until it reappears after a certain time. When you miss a note the track stays and you can try it one more time.

Hope this makes the game easier to understand. It's pretty simple gameplay. But the addiction factor is very high.

That's bad news. Why would a game like Amplitude have online trophies when the multiplayer is locally and in your case the trophy is singleplayer? Bad news indeed... I love the game but that is weird.

I don't think it's directly online. I noticed when I was offline, there were some preset offline leaderboards it was displaying. Once I got back online, after PSN was back up, it was back to showing me the online leaderboards and it didn't upload the scores I did while I was offline. So maybe just switching back and forth was what messed it up. I'm not entirely sure but at least playing a few more songs got me the trophy.

I double checked the trophy list, and apparently you do have to get the 3 gold bar rating for all songs

You have to 3 bar every song. Not gold, just 3 bar. For that one, the threshold is different per difficulty, so it's possible to get it only playing on easy.

The trophy for gold 3 bar only requires that you do it on three songs. That's the harder version, where you have to meet a certain point threshold (if what others here are saying is true)

How'd you eventually get it to unlock? I swear I've done it about 10 times now and it just doesn't want to pop. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum so it's a little frustrating I can't unlock it despite meeting the requirements over and over.

How'd you eventually get it to unlock? I swear I've done it about 10 times now and it just doesn't want to pop. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum so it's a little frustrating I can't unlock it despite meeting the requirements over and over.

Same here... please someone explain us how to unlock this infamous trophy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if "not quitting" in the Fluid Intelligence trophy mean that you have to go in one continuous run? From front to back? That's crazy!

That would be what not quitting means xD I would assume that means you go through, unlock all bonus songs and press X to continue after each song, don't press square to quit or close the game or anything. It's only 15 songs but Diatecht or whatever will take some beating due to the 4x gates and the trippy effect

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I got 2% for Perfect Brain on expert and it was enough for 3 gold bars. I got 2% on a harder song on advanced and I did not get 3 gold bars. It seems that these have to be done on Expert.

I got a gold bar rating on a song on Advanced, so no it doesn't. I don't even think I did remarkably well on it, either. Missed a few notes. 

Some songs can be gold barred on Advanced - most can't - simply because the Gold Bar threshold is different for each song, and Advanced often won't have enough notes to break that threshold.

Easiest way to know what the score you need to beat is? Play offline - the score set by "AMPLITUDE OS" on the leaderboard is the Gold Bar score.

http://www.amplitudeonline.com/forums/forum/amplitude-hd/1597-let-s-figure-out-the-scores-required-to-gold-bar-each-song?p=2192#post2192

That post there lists all of the lowest possible scores you can obtain for Gold Bars [All of which are the Amplitude OS scores]. As you can see, some of them are fairly high - like Digital Paralysis at 4,100, which is impossible to meet on Advanced, even if you play perfectly and hit every possible, high-scoring path.

Edited by Fox