Going for the 1,000,000 kills?

PipeSwinger

I might return back to living my vita on to earn the trophy. This game is coming to both the PS3/PS4. I wish they were on the same trophy lists but they aren't. However, I think living the PS3/PS4 version on will get the trophy much faster than what the vita is. The vita version has terrible frame rates which also decreases the spawn rates of the farming spots. Even if you left your vita on and running you'll need to stop it and re-get back to the farming locations again. 

Edited by Leo_the_Lion25

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got the trophy today making me the first person in the world to get it. I've seen it unlock to and I was getting ready to head to my next farming spot location. lol. So happy the kills are indeed cumulative,

holy craps. grats mang

rfFWukr.gif

Edited by Titanic Balls

Any ways to check your progress? Also do you think kills counts if i quit back to the main menu and start from check point over and over?

No you cannot quit to the main menu to replay the same mission over again. 

You need to finish the mission for kills to count, this means you cannot even freeze or crash. If you freeze or crash, those kills you gotten won't count.

I'm replaying the last mission over and over again for the PS3 version. I'm trying to confirm if replaying the last mission with the "continue" will still unlock the trophy as those kills should be counting. This is still unconfirmed, but I'm guessing that there are 3500+ aliens on the very last level. If I'm right then about 285-300 replays of the last level will unlock the trophy. 

I'm currently at 105/285 just a little more grinding and I can confirm this info.

I don't like leaving my PS4 on and running like I did for the vita. The PS4 can crash much more often so my farming method from the vita isn't really going to cut it. My kills on the PS3 must be over 400,000 at this point though.

And no,you cannot check your kill count or more people will be playing this game if they could see that. 

holy craps. grats mang

rfFWukr.gif

Thank you.  :D

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this on PST.org, I have the trophy once again on the NA version of the PS3. I'm going to finish the PS4 version kills next:

There are three ways that I know that will unlock the trophy as well as estimated times. 

The first way is the leave your system on farming kills. This is the longest way which will take you two months and an estimated 700+ hours.

The second way is by completing the Campaign 2 times a day. This will take about 1 hour a day to do. If you keep at it the trophy will eventually unlock. This means you need to complete the campaign somewhere around about 120-180 (120 is 2 months while 180 is 3 months) times. I didn't do this method but someone who has 100% on the EU version of PS4 has informed me of this. This also means that the campaign has an estimated 8300+ monsters per a run. This method is the second fastest method. 

The final and last method is what I personally think is the fastest method. I have confirmed today that if you keep replaying the last level over and over again the trophy will unlock. I've estimated at least 2000 kills on the final level of the campaign, which I'm correct. This means 500 runs through the last level will unlock the trophy. I did 488 full runs, but on my 489th run the trophy unlocked for me in the middle of my run. This is because I already had some kills due to obtaining all other trophies first. This is the fastest method because if you do 12 runs that is 1 hour everyday. So if you want to do 500 runs that is only 42+ hours in-game time to 100% this game. Sure in the hell beats 700+ hours game time right. cool.gif

I always used the calculator on my laptop to keep track how many times I completed the last level. So if you want to go for 100% of this game I recommend replaying the last level about 480-500 times and you'll be finished in no time. If you want to spend more time than doing 12 runs a day, you'll speed up the trophy's unlocking. It is a very boring task to replay the last mission over and over again, but it's the fastest way.

leo you should put those in your trophy cabinet, since you're a premium member with 10 available slots

wait wait 3 times =1,500 runs on the last level :blink:

Lol you did Star Ocean, this Game is a joke compared to SO4. :D 

I posted this on PST.org, I have the trophy once again on the NA version of the PS3. I'm going to finish the PS4 version kills next:

There are three ways that I know that will unlock the trophy as well as estimated times. 

The first way is the leave your system on farming kills. This is the longest way which will take you two months and an estimated 700+ hours.

The second way is by completing the Campaign 2 times a day. This will take about 1 hour a day to do. If you keep at it the trophy will eventually unlock. This means you need to complete the campaign somewhere around about 120-180 (120 is 2 months while 180 is 3 months) times. I didn't do this method but someone who has 100% on the EU version of PS4 has informed me of this. This also means that the campaign has an estimated 8300+ monsters per a run. This method is the second fastest method. 

The final and last method is what I personally think is the fastest method. I have confirmed today that if you keep replaying the last level over and over again the trophy will unlock. I've estimated at least 2000 kills on the final level of the campaign, which I'm correct. This means 500 runs through the last level will unlock the trophy. I did 488 full runs, but on my 489th run the trophy unlocked for me in the middle of my run. This is because I already had some kills due to obtaining all other trophies first. This is the fastest method because if you do 12 runs that is 1 hour everyday. So if you want to do 500 runs that is only 42+ hours in-game time to 100% this game. Sure in the hell beats 700+ hours game time right. cool.gif

I always used the calculator on my laptop to keep track how many times I completed the last level. So if you want to go for 100% of this game I recommend replaying the last level about 480-500 times and you'll be finished in no time. If you want to spend more time than doing 12 runs a day, you'll speed up the trophy's unlocking. It is a very boring task to replay the last mission over and over again, but it's the fastest way.

So if i understand right, i could play the last level <- finish it <- reload and over again or how does it works? I wouldn't mind then to play 5-10 hours straight the game or even more if i dont have to work. 

• Like 1

700 hours because farming takes about 25-30 days for the vita system at least with leaving your vita on and running.

I feel sorry for your Vita screen if it is the OLED. Going to steer clear of this game. Edited by skateak

Lol you did Star Ocean, this Game is a joke compared to SO4. :D

So if i understand right, i could play the last level <- finish it <- reload and over again or how does it works? I wouldn't mind then to play 5-10 hours straight the game or even more if i dont have to work. 

Yeah, keep replaying the last level until the trophy unlocks. It'll take you about 480-500 runs depending how many kills you already have. On my ps3 version it took me 489 replays of the last level. 

I'm working on my PS4 version right now. I already did 80/500 runs on the PS4.  :D

leo you should put those in your trophy cabinet, since you're a premium member with 10 available slots

wait wait 3 times =1,500 runs on the last level :blink:

Depends how many times you willing to stack the trophy list. I plan to go after the EU versions for the PS3/PS4 later on once I buy another EU card. You can stack the trophy list 5 times so yeah. It you're willing to go for the 1 million trophy 5 times it's worth it. It's a rare trophy and not many will be willing to go for it. But replaying the last level 500 times isn't so bad.

The more hours you spend a day doing it and it'll pop in no time at all. Yesterday I spent about 7 hours getting 80/500 runs on the PS4 version. Plan on getting the trophy for that this month. B)  

Edited by Leo_the_Lion25
  • Like 1

Yeah, keep replaying the last level until the trophy unlocks. It'll take you about 480-500 runs depending how many kills you already have. On my ps3 version it took me 489 replays of the last level. 

I'm working on my PS4 version right now. I already did 80/500 runs on the PS4.  :D

Depends how many times you willing to stack the trophy list. I plan to go after the EU versions for the PS3/PS4 later on once I buy another EU card. You can stack the trophy list 5 times so yeah. It you're willing to go for the 1 million trophy 5 times it's worth it. It's a rare trophy and not many will be willing to go for it. But replaying the last level 500 times isn't so bad.

The more hours you spend a day doing it and it'll pop in no time at all. Yesterday I spent about 7 hours getting 80/500 runs on the PS4 version. Plan on getting the trophy for that this month. B)  

Man you gotta get dedicated, if your going for 5 stacks, might as well get a 2nd vita for the 6th stack. or couldn't you just format a vita tv to nab it? :)

Edited by bcks007

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally unlocked Brutality on the PS3 EU Version! ^_^ Thanks Leo_the_Lion25 for your Guide on PS3trophies.org!!! Was very good and helpfull... :)

I have to say, that the PS3 Version isn't as bad, as the PS4 Version. Because on PS3 Version you can idle it part-time much better then PS4. So in case it wasn't to bad. Survival will be harder on PS3. I was still quite stunned when i unlocked this one... the only annoying part about this grind is, that you don't have any stats to check your progress. 

I'm sure i will unlock soon Brutality for the PS4 Version... so i would say an other 2.5 Million kills left............ ^_^

• 1 month later...

I finally made my Quad Stack on Alien Shooter... and i'm really glad it's done!!! Also i'm glad i can't access the Vita Versions xD

This was really tedious, especially PS4 Versions.

Have fun by repeating this Level +500 times!!! xD

Thanks Leo_The_Lion for sharing the grinding strats. 

Edited by xDLl0YD091x-
  • Like 1

I finally made my Quad Stack on Alien Shooter... and i'm really glad it's done!!! Also i'm glad i can't access the Vita Versions xD

This was really tedious, especially PS4 Versions.

Have fun by repeating this Level +500 times!!! xD

Thanks Leo_The_Lion for sharing the grinding strats. 

Lol. You're crazy man.  xD

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

• 7 years later...