how many things have you broken in a violent rage because of a game?

R-A-F-I-Q-U-E

well i have have broken lets say 2 and a half ps3 controllers, one genuine, another a bluetooth controller and a genuine pad that doesn't have an LED light because i threw against my wall. games that threw me into a rage were mostly arcade fighting games specifically SSFIV and STxT D:

lool i have been there my friend, was it was story mode or on the hard difficulty?.. arcade games online when you meet people who win by doing dumb moves, really pisses me off

What do you think? it is painful to beat Shao Khan with Liu Kang in story mode, with Raiden is easier, so yeah that was the moment, however I've had other moments when I could've easily become the fist of steel lol. Yes some online people really mess up the fun of the game, that's why I only used to play it in a private king of the hill with friends

eh, i dont really get frustrated at games.

one time, though, when i was little, i went to a flea market, and there was a weird guy... he sold me a very weird gameboy color cartridge, which looked legit. it had both pokemon silver and pokemon gold on it. i payed quite a bit for it, i dont remember exactly how much, but back in the day it was really a lot for me. i got home, happy, try out the game. it starts out with the gameboy color intro thing. next, i get to chose my game, either pokemon gold or silver. tough choice! i started up silver (i think) and there i saw prof elm giving the intro speech about pokemon. i enter my name, and then shit goes out of control. missingno's appear, TEXT FLIES OUT OF THE SPEECH BOX, AND THEN THE GAME SIMPLY FREEZES. i retried it again around 30 times, since i was always a persistent little brat. didnt work for either of the versions of the game, and the same thing happened every time. after a week i go back to the guy, he says "sorry little shit, i dont accept returns". i ended up throwing the cartridge at the wall, which fell apart.

Uhhh... none...!? :huh: Moths seem to be attracted to my wallet, so breaking things is out of the question...

I can quite understand the frustration some games can and will cause... if this happens, I just put it down and come back to it later... in some cases, months later... :blink:

None, most poeple would consider that fighting game platinums are very frustrating so they would probably make me break my controller. But not for me. Very rarely I get frustrated. Let alone throw a controller. Its going to take a lot more than fighting game trials to make me throw things.

Never, what I do is just play other games like a PS1 game that I have, when I was doing for Uncharted 1 platinum on Crushing mode, I wasn't able to pass a chapter and my told me to play some PS1 games in PS3 like Spyro and Digimon and well for a day I played that games,on the next day it's done platinum trophy B)

But I'm pretty lucky for having a PS3 and broking something means no new game, or for now no new card for PS plus :unsure:

now this may sound stupid but i got so mad at Jak 2 that i took the game case and threw it across the room pretty much destroying the case. that is the only game i have ever gotten mad enough at to break something. it was the mission where you need to race errol through the streets using the accelerator rings for so long i could not do it then i snaped lol

Surprised the droves of people proclaiming "if you get that mad at video games, you need to find a new hobby" haven't come around yet. Usually they're piranha to threads like this.

That said, never have actually broken anything. Battered my hand pretty good a few times though. Mostly due to NHL games (aka, the only game you can outplay someone handily the entire game and still lose by a huge margin).

Edited by Dreakon139

I haven't ever broken anything in a fit of rage. I have, however had many broken MadCatz products (including the awesome PS2 controller that was shaped like a NES controller) but that is because of poor quality rather than rage.

This PS2 controller is awesome, I still have 1 working one and 2 or 3 broken ones.

41H6TPAQ60L.jpg

Parker

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, I never have. The only thing I ever did was punch myself in the face after going so far in Dead Space 2 on Hardcore mode without saving. I stepped on one of those glowing babies and blew up... and to add insult to injury, it was already friggin' dead. I was so pissed, I was speechless. I took a deep breath and hit myself in the face. Right side of my face was swollen for 2 days and I totally forgot why. Parents asked what happened and I told them that my wisdom teeth were probably acting up. Came home one day and started playing Dead Space 2 again and instantly remembered why!! :angry: Besides that, I swear a lot when it comes to stuff like shooters.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, I never have. The only thing I ever did was punch myself in the face after going so far in Dead Space 2 on Hardcore mode without saving. I stepped on one of those glowing babies and blew up... and to add insult to injury, it was already friggin' dead. I was so pissed, I was speechless. I took a deep breath and hit myself in the face. Right side of my face was swollen for 2 days and I totally forgot why. Parents asked what happened and I told them that my wisdom teeth were probably acting up. Came home one day and started playing Dead Space 2 again and instantly remembered why!! :angry: Besides that, I swear a lot when it comes to stuff like shooters.

that sucks, i feel for you. same kind of thing to me in ninja gaiden 2, i was on the 2nd last chapter fighting Alexei on MN difficulty and i got signed out of the network so the game just quit without saving :angry: and i had to start the chapter again i was too tired to do anything so i just went asleep. i hate games that do that.

Few years ago I broke a controller over very hard mode in Sonc 06 and a tv over a drift competition during NFS prostreet. I learnt my lesson and ever since I have learned the importance of self control and never done something so destructive out of frustration, I find it hard to feel rage anymore no matter how hard a game is, the harder a game is the more enjoyable it is to me actually.