how many things have you broken in a violent rage because of a game?

R-A-F-I-Q-U-E

I've raged pretty bad at only a few games while trying to get trophies, one of the final challenges in god of war and trying to get up that damn tower in Trine are a few such moments, but I've never actually broken anything over it, the buttons and analogs usually get a good smashing, i swear as much as i can at it, and make a sort of grr noise to truly express my frustration... but then i calm down and try again :blush:

The bad part of the challenges is that you have to do them in one go, I agree with the swearing part, that's what I do too, grr is more when I know I'm screwing up and know it, once I almost crushed a controller with my teeth, can't remember what game made me that mad

Edited by HardXDXtraga

Nothing, I do cuss at the game alot. I'm generally a mellow person and until the stuff starts hitting me, I won't break it over being upset at a game "cheating"(yes we all know that the AI in games cheat, they are programed that way so people break stuff and you have to spend money to replace things).

• 3 weeks later...

After thinking long an hard, nothing.

I have had uncontrollable anger, but I keep a nice, beanbag to throw my electronics at. Then I can go and jump on them, and they still seem like they're brand new.

I've put my fist threw some doors, but that wasn't due to gaming, just actual life issues.

Way too many controllers... just way too many... I also threw a T.V. tray across the room after failing to get the Aerial Predator from Darksiders about 20 times in a row and I also punched my old laptop so hard it broke the screen. Funny thing about that is I got a new laptop about a month later for Christmas and I gave the broken one to a friend, he fixed it and now it works better than ever. Oh and for the record, I have managed to control my anger, now it's just reduced to yelling at my T.V.

Oh, yeah I just remembered that I also smashed my GBA with a hammer when I was in third grade...

Edited by PineappleTimbits

Way too many controllers... just way too many... I also threw a T.V. tray across the room after failing to get the Aerial Predator from Darksiders about 20 times in a row and I also punched my old laptop so hard it broke the screen. Funny thing about that is I got a new laptop about a month later for Christmas and I gave the broken one to a friend, he fixed it and now it works better than ever. Oh and for the record, I have managed to control my anger, now it's just reduced to yelling at my T.V.

Oh, yeah I just remembered that I also smashed my GBA with a hammer when I was in third grade...

Yelling at the TV can still lead to increase blood pressure and that is also unhealthy. A good trick is to keep a pair of rolled up socks or something similar that you can hurl at a wall but won't cause any damage. That way you are still venting your anger but nothing gets hurt in the process :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A lot of controllers, from a lot of consoles.

I remember that one time whan I threw my Sega Genesis out of the window (I´ve lived in the third floor back then) playing that Ghouls N´Ghosts thing.

In the snes days, when I´ve got too irritated, I asked one of my friend to press really hard the eject buttom, so I could hit the cartridge with a baseball bat.

Long story short, the last controllers I´ve broke was when playing Vanquish on Xbox360 (that god damn challenge 6... broke 3 controllers), one PS3 controller when I was trying to beat Uncharted´s 2 last boss on hard (didn´t know of the trick), and another PS3 controller playing that stupid Dyad thing.

A few days ago I was playing sound shapes (one of the stupidiest games I´ve ever laid eyes on) on my PS4. I´ve got so frustrared with that Death Mode. For two times I´ve stand up holding really hard my DS4 ready to throw it right in the middle of my 52'' 3D TV.

It was that day when I´ve stoped playing that thing, deleted it from my hdd and move on to another game.

The things I was ready to trash are way to expensive for me to replace now, and a fucking stupid indie game doesn´t deserve that.

30+ years of gaming and probably broke 10-12 things.

2008/2009 - Rock Band instruments, walls, random things.

2012/2013 - Rock Band instruments, controllers

Had I not stopped gaming for 3 years, the trend would have probably continued. I can't remember other times or other things but, I'm sure there were probably 1 or 2 random instances when I was younger.