Fun Facts/Did You Know?

Shinobi

I did a quick search and wasn't able to find a thread particularly like this one. So sorry if one already exists.

So this is a little thing I came up with last night. The idea is simple. Someone will post a fact about ANYTHING. that's right, there is no limits to what your fact is about. Then the next person says if he/she already knew that fact. Regardless of their answer, That person goes next and so on. There are a couple of things that I suggest if you decide to participate in this. Consider them as "rules".

1. Source your Fact(s) (Highly Encouraged but Optional)

Anybody can just come up with a random fact and say it's true. That's why I think a person should source their findings with a link indicating where they found their fact. It's not because of the lack of trust, it's just better having evidence to back your fact up. Also, what happens if your fact is a really hard one to believe? You would know that it's completely true, but others might have trouble believing you if you don't provide a link. This isn't mandatory but don't complain if someone has a hard time believing a fact you wrote when you don't leave a link. Also, the fact may have been found by someone else. So you should leave a link to avoid taking their credit.

2. Include a Picture/Video (Completely Optional)

Leaving a picture or video as a means of visually enhancing your fact is completely up to the person. It isn't mandatory at all.

For those people who are still unclear about how this goes I will provide an example.

Person A = Person posting fact with a link if they choose to do so.

Person B = Responding to persons A fact and leaving their own fact with a link.

Person A (This would be me. All of you would copy Person B )

Norwegian scientists have hypothesized that Rudolph’s red nose is probably the result of a parasitic infection of his respiratory system. (Source)

Person B

Wow, I did not now that! Nice fact!

We humans are the best long-distance runners on the planet. Better than any four-legged animal. In fact, thousands of years ago we used to run after our prey until they died of exhaustion. (Source)

If you still find something unclear just let me know. 

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas. (Source)

Edited by JB_Swag_Doctor73

I did not know that.

Fun fact: did you know there is actually an "i" in team? 

i-found-the-i-in-team-t-shirt-1344970569

Ah yes, I've seen that one before lol

Did you know there is a fish called a Pacu that is a relative of the piranha and it has very human-like teeth? (Source)

pacu-fish-2%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgmax=80

Edited by Maftet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I love proving people wrong with Snopes.

Did you know that Teddy Roosevelt was once shot in the chest on his way to deliver a speech while President?  Instead of being taken to the hospital he insisted on going through with the speech as planned.  It wasn't until 90 minutes later, after he finished his address, that he let himself be tend to.

http://www.history.com/news/shot-in-the-chest-100-years-ago-teddy-roosevelt-kept-on-talking

• Like 2

I love proving people wrong with Snopes.

Did you know that Teddy Roosevelt was once shot in the chest on his way to deliver a speech while President?  Instead of being taken to the hospital he insisted on going through with the speech as planned.  It wasn't until 90 minutes later, after he finished his address, that he let himself be tend to.

http://www.history.com/news/shot-in-the-chest-100-years-ago-teddy-roosevelt-kept-on-talking

"Teddy Roosevelt was one based dude."--Winston Churchill