Fun Facts/Did You Know?

Shinobi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i did'nt

did you know that the game final fantasy got it's name because square enix was almost going broke and assumed this would be their final game and would be a fantasy game, so they named it final fantasy.

however it was such a succes that they did'nt go broke but could go on till now and further, this is almost 30 years ago (1987). and now they are a great game company.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

• 1 month later...

I didn't know that.

Did you know that during the Christmas of 1914 (World War 1), a truce was held between Germany and the UK. They decorated their shelters, exchanged gifts across no man’s land and played a game of football between themselves. (SOURCE)

Edited by - Cammy -

Yes I knew that :D 

Did you know that in Fallout by the time you get to actually play in the post apocolypse there should be alot more green because by that time vegetation would have come back and overgrown in  the wasteland??

man I worded that poorly

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't know that. It was the right game, I guess.

Did you know that the pastry war was started because in complaint to King Louis-Philippe, a French pastry chef known only as Monsieur Remontel, claimed that in 1832 Mexican officers looted his shop in Tacubaya (then a town on the outskirts of Mexico City). Remontel demanded 60,000 pesos as reparations for the damage (his shop was valued at less than 1,000 pesos)?

This caused that France invaded Mexico.

Edited by Kirijo Mitsuru

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Did you know that David Prowse, the actor who physically portrayed Darth Vader, broke a dozen stunt lightsabers in his duel with Alec Guinness? This caused the production team to have to reshoot the fight scene over and over. The lightsabers were made of glass, which was why the scene moved so slowly.

• Like 1

Did you know that The New Tetris for the Nintendo 64 had a lot of interesting tidbits hidden in the game code, including things like an ASCII pot leaf, a long winded rant and a long list of things one of the programmers hates?

Source: https://tcrf.net/The_New_Tetris

Strange thought: What if Dave from Code Monkeys is based on the Dave mentioned in the article?  Hmmm...

Edited by Temmie