Best/Worst Gaming Purchase of 2015

kidson2004

Its that time of year again where we as gamers look back on this years purchases. So, by now y'all know the drill. Post your Best/Worst Gaming purchases of 2015!! I'll start:

Best: Tales of Zestria (Totally forgot I bought this lol)

Worst: None

This is the 1st year ever that nothing stands out to me as "Man I'm glad I got this" or "Should've waited"

How about you?

Edited by kidson2004

I am really glad I got into Skylanders but at the same time I think to myself, "Damn, this is expensive" and then the thought dawned on me. 

What the hell am I going to do with all these toys when Activision stops making Skylander games!?!?!

There are a few random games I wish I didn't buy, mostly silly indie PSN games. 

I am really glad I bought the Trails of Cold Steel collectors box. It even has a little spot in it reserved for the next one.

Keeping this to games I've played...bought a bunch but haven't gotten to them all so obviously I can't make an opinion yet. :P

Best: Spec Ops: The Line. This game really surprised me and I liked it more than I thought I would and I think it was the most enjoyable game I played this year.

^Technical answer would be PS4 but my brother bought it for my birthday.

Worst: This is a technical answer...Call of Duty Black Ops II. Despite the disc being fine the first level glitched on me pretty bad and it just ruined my entire desire to play the game.

^I tend not to buy anything on chance. I watch gameplay and research any bugs/glitches before hand. If I get a good feeling I buy it. If not I don't.

best: bloodborne - my personal game of the year. taking the core of the souls game and adding in an aggressive style of combat was genius. not to mention, the game looked incredible. the art direction was captivating as much as it was disturbing. and since this is a from soft game, it was brutally challenging and ultimately incredibly rewarding. the old hunters expansion was also exactly what that game needed. no game in 2015 came close to the amount of time i put into bloodborne. 

worst: everybody's gone to the rapture - slow, uninteresting, and overall incredibly boring. it truly is a walking simulator. i understand games that try to tell stories, but it's one thing to have the player drive the story forward and another to sit in the backseat of a car moving 5mph. i had to force myself to get the plat, because i didn't want the money i spent on it to go to complete waste. 

Best: Ni No Kuni. My first platinum of the year...in April. I really loved this game, and I can't wait for the next one. (I totally forgot. I didn't buy this in 2015 :facepalm: )

Worst: McGee's Alice DLC: Why was this crap ported to the PS3? I still need to finish it, too. The only saving grace is that the game is free, but still... 

EDIT: New Best: Ummm...what did I buy and play this year? Dungeon Travelers 2.

Edited by Edunstar84

If we're talking only about games released in 2015, I would say Resident Evil Remake HD. If we're talking about games purchased in 2015 with ''who the hell cares'' release dates, then... I dunno... either already mentioned REmake HD or Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls... and Hatsune Miku Project DIVA f is pretty close.

Worst purchase? None this year. I bought 2 or 3 ''eh, allright'' games, but they were cheap, I don't feel like I wasted my money and because of that I don't think those should be in the ''worst'' category.

Best: Purschasing God of War 3 Remaster on both PSN and physical to support my favourite game and studio. Otherwise I'd say getting the Uncharted trilogy on PS3 super cheap lol.

Worst: I hate to say iy, but since I haven't done a lot of purschases I have to say that The Order 1886 was my worst. I liked the game a lot actually so its not that, its just maybe not worth the money I spent on it :P

Strangely enough they're both Vita titles, I guess that's because 90% of my purchases this year were Vita games.

Best:

Danganronpa 1 & 2

One of the main reasons I got a Vita, a must have for all Vita owners (all 12 of them  :awesome:)

Worst: Monster Monpiece

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to video games but this was hands down one of the worst games I've ever played.

Best: Tales of Xillia (My first Tales game which instantly got me hooked and they've easily become one of my favorite games.)

Bloodborne (If you're talking about games released this year.)

Worst: Star Ocean: The Last Hope (For some reason it was hard for me to get into it, I found it slow/dull/boring, though I can't say much since I haven't got that far in. I'll play it again when I get motivated to but I probably should've started with another SO game.)

I don't really have a best or worst purchase, but the other day I got one of them cheap ass VR headsets from K-Mart for 15 bucks for phones and it's pretty neato. There was this shitty little interactive movie of sorts for Insidious 3, some horror movie series or something, and that was cool. A roller coaster demo too, nothing special but yeah. Thing is pretty sweet for watching movies though, 2D or 3D, it's well worth 15 bones. 

I'll go with that then, that's my best gaming purchase of 2015, even if I'll probably barely use it and when I do, I'll use it for movies and shows more than anything.

Best Gaming purchased: Disgaea 5, it so much fun and I love customize characters. Also, one of the videos I made for it is my highest viewed video at 600.

Worst Gaming purchase: The Order 1886, it is so boring and slow. They cared more about the graphics than the gameplay. Thank god Gamestop let me exchange it for Infamous Second Son and I got a dollar as well.

Edited by TheVader66