Best/Worst Gaming Purchase of 2015

kidson2004

I bought only a very very few games this year.

Best: Batman: Arkham Knight

My third PS4 game, I'm really happy with it, it has a lot of content and good DLC content. (Note: I recieved the Season Pass as a gift.)

Worst: Far Cry 4

It's really boring, and I really don't understand what's the plot about. 

Edited by starhope39

• 2 weeks later...

Best: Dying Light, Tales from the Borderlands, Trine bundle. Great fun and humor.

Worst: Assassin's creed unity. Not just for the obvious gamebreaking glitches and box opening catastrophe but the story was genuinely horrible. Guy joins and uses the assassins on a revenge ploy. Just to have the manpower and skill to exact his own revenge, dishonoring their creed over one girl. The only assassin (to my knowledge) to ever get kicked out of a freedom inspiring gang. At least every other assassin that left got to quit.

Worst: Dark Souls 2 - beautiful game but as with all Souls games those clunky and unresponsive controls.

Literally the first person i'v ever heard say this. There is big difference between slow and deliberate, and clunky.

Best: Dying Light, Tales from the Borderlands, Trine bundle. Great fun and humor.

Worst: Assassin's creed unity. Not just for the obvious gamebreaking glitches and box opening catastrophe but the story was genuinely horrible. Guy joins and uses the assassins on a revenge ploy. Just to have the manpower and skill to exact his own revenge, dishonoring their creed over one girl. The only assassin (to my knowledge) to ever get kicked out of a freedom inspiring gang. At least every other assassin that left got to quit.

See, I like to shit on Unity's story as much as the next guy because its really weak but this is just a silly reason to hate it. Arno is a terrible character but the fact that he joined the Assassins for a personal reason is actually an interesting and unique idea.

You are right that there is a difference between the 2 and I have played plenty of slow and deliberate games and Souls does not fit into that category. I have spoken to a few fans of the series that admit the controls are terrible but they love them for that very reason. but hey to each their own I do not hate the series as they look beautiful but the controls kill it for me.

I bought 12 Games over 2015, I think that's probably the most I've ever bought in one year but that might not be much for other people lol.

It's a hard choice but

Best - Aliens: Colonial Marines (Controversial choice I know but I really loved playing this)

Worse - Batman Arkham Origins (If I really have to pick this then that's what I'll go for. Don't get me wrong, I like this Game but it didn't really do it for me compared to other Games I bought and played over 2015)

Best: Hard to pick a favorite so I'll name the top three I enjoyed. Star Wars Battlefront, Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed and Final Fantasy XIII-2

Worst: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5...such a let down from what I was expecting. I ended up playing Pro Skater 4 again to feel better

Best: Rogue Legacy - so much fun and so unexpected. I got it free with plus though so if that doesn't count then Mirrors Edge. Easily the best $5 I ever spent on a game. 

Worst: Okami - game is way overrated, I'm sure if you played it on ps2 it's a different story but it just wasn't fun for me at all. Yes the music and visuals were cool but damn the story was boring and the characters are some of the most irritating I've ever experienced. 

• Like 1

See, I like to shit on Unity's story as much as the next guy because its really weak but this is just a silly reason to hate it. Arno is a terrible character but the fact that he joined the Assassins for a personal reason is actually an interesting and unique idea.

The story wasn't the only reason I disliked the game. I just thought it was a genuinely terrible game anyway with the story being a contributing factor. The horrible gameplay faaaaarrrrr outweighed the horrible story. With that being said, Ubisoft had a ton of unique ideas that kept the series at large. Arno joining the assassins for a personal reason could have been an interesting and/or unique idea if the personal reason he used to join was interesting at all in the first place. It wasn't to me. Through the entire story I felt like he was trying to do all of this just to prove a point to a girl who wasn't even interested in it for the same reasons. Elise wanted to end a conspiracy. Arno wanted to win her. Playing with fire for an immature and unsatisfactory reason. Very adolescent but not very interesting to me. But to each his own.

Best: 

Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

One of my favourite games of the last decade. Incredibly immersive, unique, interesting and bold.

Worst:

Arkham Knight

Big step back for the series, and so many DLC trophies i still need to get to. They just keep coming too...

• Like 1

Best: Either Final Fantasy VII or Rogue Galaxy. Nostalgia <3

Worst: None, I don't tend to regret my purchases. But since I don't want to leave it unanswered either, I'll just go with what I named my least favourite platinum of the year (due to glitches and trophies becoming unearnable if idling/shutting down Vita): SpongeBob HeroPants.

The story wasn't the only reason I disliked the game. I just thought it was a genuinely terrible game anyway with the story being a contributing factor. The horrible gameplay faaaaarrrrr outweighed the horrible story. With that being said, Ubisoft had a ton of unique ideas that kept the series at large. Arno joining the assassins for a personal reason could have been an interesting and/or unique idea if the personal reason he used to join was interesting at all in the first place. It wasn't to me. Through the entire story I felt like he was trying to do all of this just to prove a point to a girl who wasn't even interested in it for the same reasons. Elise wanted to end a conspiracy. Arno wanted to win her. Playing with fire for an immature and unsatisfactory reason. Very adolescent but not very interesting to me. But to each his own.

Unity was the best AC game, mechanically speaking. We finally got functioning, viable stealth with good balance with combat. Compared to other stealth games like Thief it wasn't that good but for the series its a big step up. Parkour down is a massive quality of life improvement, too.

• Like 1

Unity was the best AC game, mechanically speaking. We finally got functioning, viable stealth with good balance with combat. Compared to other stealth games like Thief it wasn't that good but for the series its a big step up. Parkour down is a massive quality of life improvement, too.

Really? I thought it was at least 10 steps down in every category except for the graphical aspect which was the only improvement in my opinion. Best mechanically? I don't see it. Being able to parkour down certainly was a better option than before if it had worked properly. I wish they could've found the perfect balance for it as it still felt hindering even in Syndicate as they appeared to keep the same concept.They removed the whistle option, which in my opinion, was a downer for the stealth element. But I do suck at sneaking around soooo, the options to pick off the enemies quietly were limited for me. It was more viable when we could choose the stealth method to approach the situation. More options are always better. The added ability to dodge bullets would have been okay if it actually worked for me and as a result, I wish they hadn't removed the human shield option. The combat got old within an hour of playing as i didn't find a balance at all. Arno would barely even swing for me sometimes until he was hit first or I would just die because he would completely lock up on me. The fights got so repetitive that I opted to just run past most of it. It just wasn't fun. You are the first person that I've ever heard say those things about Unity and while I don't agree with any of that, I'm certainly glad that you got the chance to enjoy it and get the best experiences out of it.

• Like 1

I'd have to say that my worst gaming purchase of 2015 had to be Everybody's gone to the Rapture. The game was a huge letdown to me, to be completely honest. The game had you roaming aimlessly through the countryside, just to find out the plot behind the game! Your only ability was to the interact button, and for some reason, your character had to move six miles per hour! I never finished that game, nor do I ever intend to. 

My best gaming purchase of 2015 was my plus membership. It cost me $39.99 during a sale and I ended up saving well over $80 in digital purchases. It ended up more than paying for itself. The IGC games add even more savings after that.

My worst gaming purchase was Disgaea 3. A few months after I purchased it, the Disgaea Triple Play collection came out and it included Disgaea 3 in it. I hadn't played the game before buying the collection so it made the purchase pointless.

• Like 1

MGSV TPP, Easily my favorite Originally bought on the XB1 as my Ps4 was out of space. I now have the PS4 version and can't wait to play again.

Halo 5, The most boring piece of shit I bought or played for 2015. It's like riding a shopping trolley while trying to aim and a story written by a special ed student while taking a dump. No anti ms here, I loved the GOW remake.

Best: Persona 4 Dancing All Night LE. Haven't had the chance to play the game yet as I want to play the main game on this account first, but it's pretty much my best purchase.

Worst: Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. Not by any means a bad game, I love Disgaea, but GameStop gave me one of those crappy boxes and it pains me to look at it on my shelf (where the nice box art should be...). I also got those Lego Harry Potter games. Disk for years 1-4 stopped working halfway through. Could've also rented the games from the library. I also got a faulty disk for Eternal Sonata, but GS replaced that.

So basically all the used games I ordered from GS' site last year since they were cheap and on a deal. Doesn't surprise me since they were used. My fault for not springing for new copies of D3 and ES.

Best: Grand Theft Auto Vice City for PS4.  Absolutely love this game, it was probably my very favorite PS2 game (in a sea of amazing PS2 games, haha).  So, playing it a bit upscaled with trophies and the like?  As well as rediscovering everything I loved about it, is just amazing.

Worst: Star Wars Battlefront.  The original Battlefronts are two of my favorite games, so I was hyped..  But this game, while I think its decent, I felt like in two hours, I'd really done everything I could of done.  Got rid of it pretty quick, haha.

Best: Transformers: Devastation (PS4)- As a huge fan of both Transformers and Platinum Games, I had huge expectations for Devastation. In the end, I really had a blast with. It stays true to the style of the show ( some of the cast reprise their roles) and the gameplay was similar to Bayonetta and Vanquish, both titles I consider as awesome.

Worst: Teslagrad (VITA) - I really adimred its sense of exploration and style, but the actual gameplay did not sync with me well. It felt awfully quiet and times and ended up as boring in the end.