is this movie Tie-in worth buying?

CK-612

I seen the disc at retail store and got some interest. well judging by the review score , it seem a typical movie game. I guess the game pretty short but there's no pc version. And does the mp server still up after 4 years ??

I have found that the Transformer movie games tend to have more care put into them than other movie tie ins, at least from my perspective. They are a lot of fun and have a decent amount of collectibles to find and unlock. I haven't played Dark of the Moon but I have played the others, and let me tell you this: make the decision based on your love of the franchise, not the reviews. You may just be surprised by what you like.

I love the transformers games, I have them all to date and won't get rid of them (check my profile for trophies in the games) - the first game doesn't have trophies but I still play it :) DSOTM is not the best in the series, the gameplay is better than Revenge Of The Fallen but not by a great amount. The multiplayer is great fun though, that is where I got my enjoyment and started off the series of MP that War/Fakl of Cybertron used for MP. There is capture the flag, etc.... However, years on the MP is quiet so you will need to start some boosting threads going.

• Like 1

I love the transformers games, I have them all to date and won't get rid of them (check my profile for trophies in the games) - the first game doesn't have trophies but I still play it :) DSOTM is not the best in the series, the gameplay is better than Revenge Of The Fallen but not by a great amount. The multiplayer is great fun though, that is where I got my enjoyment and started off the series of MP that War/Fakl of Cybertron used for MP. There is capture the flag, etc.... However, years on the MP is quiet so you will need to start some boosting threads going.

Me too! I'm pretty sure I still have all of them here, except the PS3 version of RotDS. I do own the PS4 version of that.

Ranking them, I would say WfC was the best, followed by FoC. Both were done by Highmoon studios (before Activision gutted them), and were not movie tie ins. Brilliant story, and excellent graphics on both. Very much a homage to the original G1 characters. WfC has a massive online grind though, but I still enjoyed it the most.

RotF is definitely the worst. Cheaply made movie tie in.

That leaves DSotM and RotDS. I would say DSotM is slightly better. Again, Highmoon production, and they really used that as the stepping stone for the 2 Cybertron games. RotDS is more Activision shovelware, but the portion that relates to Cybertron, which IMO was Highmoon's early work on a third game in the series, is still very good. Then they shoehorned in some Michael Bay crap to tie in with the movie. It's very bipolar, really 2 games in one.

Long story short, DSotM is decent, relatively short, and if you haven't played any of the other transformers games, it is worth picking up at a decent price.

If you don't care about completion/platinum, but want the best Transformers story, get WfC the FoC