What to do? What to focus on? Classic mode tips thread

Lord_of_Ra

You're my hero :,)

Will have this added for when I get some courage to finish DS2 first.

No problema bud. I'll see If I can add the Necromorph's "Parts to shoot" When I get more free time. Very busy week coming.

Edit: I think Ill get some of it done tomorrow, with pics boasting my godly photoshop skills :awesome:

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Thread updated: Finished the Necromorph section, added a couple more general tips too.

That will be all from my part.

Best of luck to everyone going for this plat.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 2 years later...

Wow great guide! I was starting my Classic Mode when I checked this thread. One suggestion. I own a digital copy of the game but it says its on 1.02v. Do you know if I will be able to do the DH exploit if I delete the entire game as of now? Tried deleting the game data for the Infinite ammo glitch but it didnt work :(

Edit: Ok. I deleted everything and re downloaded the game. I can now access the raw version of the game and everything works.

Edited by angelbless45

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 26/05/2019 at 3:25 PM, MATT_THE_FLY said:

Hey sorry for the bump but does anyone know if you're still able to do the glitch on the digital version of the game by deleting and redownloading it if you've already downloaded the awakened dlc as well? 

Slight 3 month bump but I can confirm that the devil horns glitch will still work even if you've installed the awakened dlc. The only inconvenience is that you have to delete both the game as well as the contents of its utility folder and then redownload it as well as complete one additional playthrough.

Here are the steps to activate the glitch if you've downloaded awakened:

1. If you haven't already, complete a playthrough on classic difficulty WITHOUT DELETING ANYTHING first. This will enable you to unlock the devils horns

2. Delete your dead space 3 data in the GAME DATA UTILITY folder as well as the game itself. Don't touch anything from the SAVE DATA UTILITY

3. Redownload the game without awakened dlc from the ps store

4. Here is the crucial step - DISABLE INTERNET ACCESS from your ps3 before you load the game up and then attempt to load your classic playthrough. The game will deny the save and will state that it is either corrupted or needs the awakened dlc. This is perfectly ok as you do this step to enable the game to recognise that you've completed classic difficulty and to also receive the devil's horns.

5. Create a new save file and replay the game again preferably on the casual difficulty. If you've done the previous steps correctly, the game should tell you in the main menu that you've unlocked the devil's horns and that they've been transferred to your safe. Additionally, you'll have access to them during this playthrough once you reach chapter three so you can speedrun this step.

6. The option for new game plus should be unlocked and you should now have access to the pure survival and hardcore difficulties. Just reach chapter three once again and you'll get the devil's horns. The rest of your playthroughs will be a breeze and you'll earn your nice shiny platinum in no time!