Possibly unobtainable now

ShadowStar83x

Editorial sweep: disregard the earlier contents of this post. The PST.org user was being grossly misled by Ubi customer support and as is apparent to anyone playing, the servers had an unexplained downage for a week or two (which has happened in the past) and have been back up again ever since.

---

EDIT 20th january 2016: a PST.org user had a Ubi support ticket open and I asked him to confirm, Ubi made it clear to him EndWar ToW is shut down.

---

Original post:

I'll repost what I had to say about the matter on PS3T. TL;DR The servers actually seem live while you can't connect anyway, I have no idea whether and when Ubi would fix them. However it's feasible to check in every week or so to see whether it's fixed or taken offline (at which stage I'd presume it's not coming back).

Upon trying to access the Theatre Of War mode, you will be greeted with an error message stating "Access Denied. Cease fire in progress. Next turn will start on Sun - December 13, 2015 at 22:38" therefore the mode can no longer be accessed

The false date is actually "good" news in the sense the servers are online and communicate, ToW's just broken once again. Bad news being ToW's broken, obviously. EndWar will give out a "server not accessible at this time" error if it can't reach the ToW server at all.

It's had nigh dead online for multiple years already and featured a very low level of support from Ubisoft - apart from them being nice and actually cancelling their shutdown decision after players petitioned for it three years ago. Anyone who ignored their heads up THEN don't really consider this game important enough to get to complain about any of this NOW :P

I can dig up my posts on the thread but it was down last year for ~10 days straight until someone at Ubi bothered to go and reset the server machine - and Ubi Support site got like three posts about the matter during all that time. If the server requires any upkeep beyond restarting the software I have no idea (or faith) whenever that might happen.

Since EndWar hasn't had any active personnel at Ubi upkeeping it for ages it's just fine it's added as unachievable already. People still interested in it can keep checking weekly to see if it's fixed, the entry can be reversed at that time. Looking at PSNP trophy lists (and from what I can remember are supposedly "online only" out of them) the last mp trophies were indeed received around 13th-14th December.
Edited by ars
  • Like 3