Possible solution to prevent game from crashing while auto-saving

McMaik

• 3 years later...
On 3.01.2016 at 8:20 PM, McMaik said:

If you having trouble enjoying the game like I did, because it keeps crashing on you on almost every autosave, here is a very simple solution. DON'T DO ANY MANUAL SAVES! If you really want to save manually, just restart the game after you saved and press continue to start where you left off. This will set everything back to normal and it won't crash on the next autosave. 

( I assume that it has something to do with the autosave-slot. It is set by default on slot one and cannot be changed. So if you do save manually it might mess up some internal routines and causes the game to crash as soon as it tries to overwrite the slot. As I said this is only an assumption. )

Hope this is will be helpful to some of you till telltale fixes this issue...

Thanks for advice. Im gonna try - beacuse this crashing after each 5 minutes is nightmare -__-

I did this game recently, and this info is noted somewhere already cause I saw it before I played.  I did the whole series in one go, took 7 1/2 hours, and not one single crash.  You don't need to manually save, there's only one point in the game where you might miss a trophy, but you can pause and check the list in the strategy guide for each of Doc's instructions to make sure you get it right.

• Like 1

On 12.11.2019 at 3:05 AM, Matto_lsi said:

I did this game recently, and this info is noted somewhere already cause I saw it before I played.  I did the whole series in one go, took 7 1/2 hours, and not one single crash.  You don't need to manually save, there's only one point in the game where you might miss a trophy, but you can pause and check the list in the strategy guide for each of Doc's instructions to make sure you get it right.

I think you mean about trophy when we are doing things for young Doc in his basement? About saving? I saved there and then crashing started and later i was saving beacuse i was afraid of crash, and i stoped playing after about 30-50 crash games. Yeah about that many. Oh well, there is only 2 chapteres, maybe tomorrow im gonna end this game. I like Talletale - its sad that they are not anymore - but this isnt my favorite game from them. Fables was better for me : )

4 hours ago, A_KlR_A said:

I think you mean about trophy when we are doing things for young Doc in his basement? About saving? I saved there and then crashing started and later i was saving beacuse i was afraid of crash, and i stoped playing after about 30-50 crash games. Yeah about that many. Oh well, there is only 2 chapteres, maybe tomorrow im gonna end this game. I like Talletale - its sad that they are not anymore - but this isnt my favorite game from them. Fables was better for me : )

Yeah, that's the point a lot of people try to manually save, which is why I mentioned you don't need to.  If you pause on each line he says, you can use the guide that tells you the correct answer for each line.  It's kinda obvious anyway, but some are a little tricky and it goes faster towards the end.  But that's the only place in the game where you might miss a trophy even if following the guide.  It's a really awful port of a pretty decent game.  If you're worried about your save, I'd say just back-up your autosave to a flash drive or the cloud and delete all your manual saves.  You probably won't have any problems after that.