Should I go ahead and try to plat this game now?

DetectiveCJ

I just got this game from GameFly but I don't know about getting trophies for it now. I know GameFly lets you keep a game forever, but I prefer not to hold onto a game if I am not going for the platinum. I can return it and re-rent it later(I have a two-game plan) but I want this forum's opinion, especially Wdjat Prinny Dood if he played it, as it's published by NIS.

I have plans for playing Disgaea 5, Disgaea D2 and Disgaea 4 for the Vita to get three very hard and time-consuming plats down and I don't want to have any rented games burning a hole in the counter while I'm doing this. Please give me an answer ASAP as I plan on having my dad take it to a mailbox today.

Yes, you should.

It's not really long.

Also, this is not NIS game :P It's a Bamco one ;)

(And considering who is voicing the main heroine, I nominate myself in Prinny's stead as being knowledgeable about this game xD)

Wow, The Prinny has been summoned  :o

Well if you would like the opinion of someone who enjoys JRPGs but doesn't enjoy Anime. You can read my review Here

:)

Toki is 16, not 18 :P

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Send it back and get literally anything else instead.

Slightly more helpful answer : It's not a very good game.  But if you already have it you might as well try it out for a few hours on the chance you might like it, because that's about as long as it should take to (A) see pretty much everything the game has to offer and (B ) determine whether or not you like it enough to continue playing it or not.

edit : formatting

Edited by Dalez1658

Wow, The Prinny has been summoned :o

Well if you would like the opinion of someone who enjoys JRPGs but doesn't enjoy Anime. You can read my review Here

:)

Thank you. I was considering renting it as well, but it sounds like I definitely need to forget it.

Thank you. I was considering renting it as well, but it sounds like I definitely need to forget it.

Yeah, it really showcases how a good battle system can make or break a game.

It was my problem with Hyper Dimension as well. I loved the story but the battle system was so broken I couldn't play it anymore. I heard the game gets much better in the sequels (and the vita remake fixes the battlesystem) but it soured me on the game :(

Yeah, it really showcases how a good battle system can make or break a game.

It was my problem with Hyper Dimension as well. I loved the story but the battle system was so broken I couldn't play it anymore. I heard the game gets much better in the sequels (and the vita remake fixes the battlesystem) but it soured me on the game :(

It's really a shame that it can. A few games that are really text/cutscene heavy can get away with it better, but if a huge portion of your game is terrible...

Understandable. Maybe you'll be able to give it another go someday, but hey... if you don't enjoy it, you don't enjoy it.

I know you have it and everything but you should really just send this one back I really can't recommened this game to anyone. I was pretty interested in the game even a little excited to play it but once I started playing, the game fell completely flat of what I was expecting. The battle system starts shallow and stays that way throughout the entire game and makes the game beyond boring and becomes repetitive extremely fast, all of the side quests are repetitive as well all are the same boring fetch quests, delivery quest or slay so many monsters types. The story is terrible I was never expecting a good story but man the story is just bad, the characters all feel like jokes I could go into more detail but I don't want to spoil anything in case you do decide to play, this game is extremely short for a rpg if your playing and taking your time you can still run through this game in about 20 hours and about 4 or so speed running, I know there are people who love this game I found it to be completely terrible and my favorite part of this game was when I got the platinum and I could stop playing it if you enjoy rpgs like I do then do yourself a favor and skip this one there many better rpgs out there to play.

It's really a shame that it can. A few games that are really text/cutscene heavy can get away with it better, but if a huge portion of your game is terrible...

Understandable. Maybe you'll be able to give it another go someday, but hey... if you don't enjoy it, you don't enjoy it.

Oh it is on my list to plat eventually :). I mean I platted Fairy Tale Fights, I think I can suffer through HDN (especially considering HDN actually has components I like)

The story can be sappy and charming at times.

The battle system isn't magnificent and it does get very tedious.

The fetch quests are very reptitive -- standard RPG fare there.

The trophies aren't too bad, so long as you pay attention for the missables.

And it takes two full playthroughs to get the platinum for this title because one ending isn't available until NG+.  That being said, NG+ is a breeze if you knock out all the missable crap on the first cycle because you can just speedrun the story and take a short while at the end to make the necessary adjustments for the last ending.

• Like 2

It's a decent RPG overall and the platinum was pretty easy. Just make sure you do the collectibles, quests, etc. done on your first run while at the same time play through on Normal (as there's a trophy for beating the entire game on Normal if I recall). The NG+ run for the extra ending was pretty easy when I sped through it, with the only exception being a boss in the later part of the game that took me multiple attempts at.

Also, you get to name your pervy dragon/groom ANYTHING YOU WANT.

helloinsertnamehere_4427.gif

Personally I adored the game; it's very unique (whether that is a positive or negative thing is entirely down to your tastes), but it's definitely 50/50 whether you will enjoy it or not.  You should give it a whirl; the  :platinum: is one of the shortest and easiest RPG plats out there and it's a very short game in general so you needn't spend too much time on it.

• Like 2

Personally I adored the game; it's very unique (whether that is a positive or negative thing is entirely down to your tastes), but it's definitely 50/50 whether you will enjoy it or not.  You should give it a whirl; the  :platinum: is one of the shortest and easiest RPG plats out there and it's a very short game in general so you needn't spend too much time on it.

speaking as a platinum holder for this game i highely reccomend playing it and platting it its amazing i loved every second of it it never got boring and the pervy humer was just funny as hell

Awww, finally found someone who likes the game :) That makes me happy.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually wound up liking the game to some degree. I mean it is far from perfect (and I mean FAR), but I enjoyed the combat, and the game recognises how tedious it can get by giving you options to lower the encounter rate by HUGE amounts and make certain things more bearable.I didn't even mind the 2D on 3D plane but the animation is incredibly cheap though to the point that it's a strain on the eyes. There are also some completely terrible boss fights in it. The music is actually pretty good though (especially Towa's battle theme). I didn't mind it but I can see why others hate it, it really is a love it or hate it game. 

But yeah it's a pretty quick Plat by JRPG standards, about 20-30 hours and is not altogether difficult. 

The meal trophy though is fucking annoying and is purely luck based, and the Level 70 one is pretty tedious as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

I heard the game gets much better in the sequels (and the vita remake fixes the battlesystem) but it soured me on the game :(

Pardon the necro, if you're referring to MK2 and Victory those aren't sequels but reboots because of how bad the first game did.  The remakes are a joke however and a waste of money, adding Victory's battle system to the first game does not save it and Re;Birth 2 and 3 are no different than the originals.

I have this game since I got it for just $10 digital but it is now unlisted and can't be purchased digital anymore but if you already purchased it you can still download it.

adding Victory's battle system to the first game does not save it

uhhhhh

Re;birth1 ditched just about everything from the original except for the story. afaik the original HDN was mostly criticized for the combat, so unless you already disliked the entire premise of the game, I don't see how implementing a superior combat system can't "save" it.

uhhhhh

Re;birth1 ditched just about everything from the original except for the story. afaik the original HDN was mostly criticized for the combat, so unless you already disliked the entire premise of the game, I don't see how implementing a superior combat system can't "save" it.

I completely skipped the first game on PS3 because the reboots are better, I had Re;Birth 1 briefly on Vita (only got 12 trophies before trading it in, wasted $40 on garbage) but didn't care for it (plus the screw up they did on Peashy's voice) and was just majorly disappointed that the stories did not get tied together which didn't happen from what I understand, Re;Birth 2 (the cast in 2 was also changed from MK2 (Gust and some other characters were removed) further ruining the remakes) & 3 still do not consider the first to exist as far as I know.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I see most of the poeple on this thread dont like this game at all... so I thought I will add my 2 cents because I think this game is amazing.

The only downsides are repetitive quests and the story can be a bit stupid during some moments but apart from this I enjoyed every minute of this game, the soundtrack was great, battle system entertaining and the 2D chars on 3D environment looked unique and nice. The story was good overall, I would give this game an 8 out of 10. I would recomend it to any anime fan out there.

• Like 3