Guide image formatting

With the Project Platinum being very famous and large scale events, I was wondering if it would be possible to allow linking guides on forums through updating pictures.

Like this:

6xBVqUm.png

Many threads use this instead of simple links because it's more cute. xD

Obviously, the way we all use it (screening the thumbnail and then linking it through BBCode) is probably sufficient but it would be nice to have a way to link the image directly if possible. Ideally as a part of guide layout.

At least for dynamic update of all things on the image. =D

Something like this:

If the first post is confusing, simply said, I was wondering if we could get something like [guide] tag where you would put link to the guide and it would format a thumbnail like in GUIDES  so you could simply put the thumbnail to your thread instead of simple link.

Would it be possible?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

A lot/most? of those screen shots have been taken from another persons online guide, which I was reading last week by coincidence.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://ameblo.jp/akuzikikakko/entry-11860944922.html&prev=search

I'm not really sure how this relates to the thread, but yea, that's the page I was using as a reference for the guide.

The pictures are mine, though.

This isn't about pictures IN guide, it's about the thumbnail you see in the post.

If the first post is confusing, simply said, I was wondering if we could get something like [guide] tag where you would put link to the guide and it would format a thumbnail like in GUIDES  so you could simply put the thumbnail to your thread instead of simple link.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I am saying that those are not your pictures like you said they was.

They have been used in a previous guide.

I understand that this thread is not essentially about your guide and more about the link.

The only thing that is confusing is why you are saying they are your pictures when they are identical to someone else guide dated May 2014.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I understand that this thread is not essentially about your guide and more about the link.

The only thing that is confusing is why you are saying they are your pictures when they are identical to someone else guide dated May 2014.

Um... you know the game is the same...? 

Um... so... maybe... the screenshots as well? 

So... maybe my screenshots are the same because they were also made by Vita on the same scene?

Like... I can't really edit the picture I take with Vita, nor I see the reason to do it.

I mean, I still don't have any idea what you are trying to say. Like are you saying I stole the pictures even though screening it myself is much easier?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

What are you talking about? What you're linking to isn't even a guide, it's a review, and none of the images appear to even be the same except for 2 that are in the same scene. They are identical because they're from the same game. There is a copyright at the bottom because when you take a screencap of the game using the buttons on the Vita, Vita game developers are allowed to add that to screencaps of their games, it's the case with many Vita games

-

Uhh, anyway lol on topic, I'm not certain if what you're recommending would be possible, though it probably is, it would essentially work like trophy cards. It would probably take a bit of work though and it depends on if Sly sees it as worth the work. We don't want to delay that site update any further either  :ninja: Lolz

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Uhh, anyway lol on topic, I'm not certain if what you're recommending would be possible, though it probably is, it would essentially work like trophy cards. It would probably take a bit of work though and it depends on if Sly sees it as worth the work. We don't want to delay that site update any further either  :ninja: Lolz

Yea, I was thinking it could be something like trophy cards, obviously, site update takes precedence =D

I'm just throwing it to see if Sly would see this as possible future feature. =D 

Since many PP threads use this formatting it would definitely help them :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I like the idea, it'd make things much easier also be a way to link somebody asking for help to a guide as a text link can be overlooked an image not as much.

A lot/most? of those screen shots have been taken from another persons online guide, which I was reading last week by coincidence.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://ameblo.jp/akuzikikakko/entry-11860944922.html&prev=search

You are aware how a screenshot from the game(almost ALL games) adds the copyright stuff on the screenshot and I can vouch that the screens were taken by Satoshi due to talk regarding the game and discussing what images should/shouldn't be used.

@BlindMango I said 'guide' when I meant 'review'. My mistake.

I was saying some of the pictures he used were identical and very coincidental to those used elsewhere and it was my belief that he had used someone else's pictures.

After I first mentioned any of this he then admitted that he had used that page for 'reference'.

Not that I suppose any of it really matters in hindsight.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I was saying some of the pictures he used were identical and very coincidental to those used elsewhere and it was my belief that he had used someone else's pictures.

And reasoning why would I do that? =)

I would actually love to know your reasons for believing I would steal someone's pictures if I played and Platted the game.

@BlindMango I did link to a review whilst I was reading a guide elsewhere, I said 'guide' when I meant 'review'. My mistake.

This guide, right?

http://ameblo.jp/sio-zingu/entry-11894861573.html 

This is what I used, it's the same page, just different blog post.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I don't want to bang on about this.

All I will say is that you used pictures that i found identical versions of on a different review/guide.

After mentioning this to you you admit to having used that website for 'reference' which in itself is a massive coincidence.

To answer as to 'why would you do that?'

For simplicity could be a reason.

I don't want to keep on about this because it detracts from you original good idea of linking guides.

I am not trying to hide, if you want to talk about it in personal messages that's ok, but this thread wasn't really the place for me to comment and you was right in that, so for that alone i will apologise.

It's doable, just like the trophy cards. Most likely done with PHP and one of THESE libraries. Though, it can be done using any program really.

I am not trying to hide, if you want to talk about it in personal messages that's ok, but this thread wasn't really the place for me to comment and you was right in that, so for that alone i will apologise.

I thank you for that and accept the apology, per your request, I'm continuing this through PM.

Please do refer to any other links you found if the comparison I sent you (and here so people can point out mistakes I may have made) is not sufficient =)

Comparison here: (Because one is apparently lot/most :awesome:)

Options - Don't see anything on the review

Skip - again
Warning - again
Choice - I hope you are not colorblind so I don't offend you, but is red same as black?
Photo - Yes, that is the same. Why? Simple reason, it's the tutorial
Training - You are learning Japanese, you should be able to see the difference in text
Match preparation - Not there
Match - I neither see 0:27 on the clock nor the 10:2 score
QTE Action - Not there
Accident photos - Not there
Evaluation - Not there

The reason why I'm still continuing with this is because I take pride in guide writing and if someone accuses me of plagiarizing, it would definitely hurt my future guides. And if so, people won't want to use them.
Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

Someone is seriously acting surprised and/or annoyed that two sets of screenshots from the same game in the same scene happen to look similar? o.o

Anyway, this thread is just you advertising your newest guide, I know your secret xD

Oh damn, you have uncovered my secret :awesome:

But actually, the suggestion was the most important =D

• Like 1

You can just take screens and link it as shown in my beautiful example in the HDN PP thread :awesome:

I believe I know that :awesome:

Obviously, the way we all use it (screening the thumbnail and then linking it through BBCode) is probably sufficient but it would be nice to have a way to link the image directly if possible. Ideally as a part of guide layout.

• Like 1