The Witcher 3 seems to have a lot of missables trophies?

big_bob002

I read a few tips on a different site. Start on Death March difficulty, win the Gwent tutorial, always kill Monsters during hunts, pick up Gwent cards whenever possible, and don't kill Keira (sp?).

Then I checked the guide on here and that lists out a bunch of things you need to do. I guess this game is really hard to get the plat in one playthrough?

Once I've finished Grounded Mode on The Last Of Us I'm going back to 100% The Witcher 3. There are quite a few missable trophies so I would suggest keeping an eye on a guide as you play, especially for the missable Gwent cards. Going for a 1 playthrough platinum (which I'm doing) is certainly doable but be warned Death March difficulty is no joke. Pick and choose your fights carefully, do monster contracts when you are around the suggested level and the game does get easier as you level up. One thing I found useful is having a look at different builds people suggest online based on your playstyle. I was having a bit of a tough time but when I respecced based on a build for how I wanted to approach combat, the game suddenly got a whole lot easier as my new build was doing a lot more damage.

I was trying to decided between one and two playthroughs of this game, and ended up settling on two. I figure that playing Death March difficulty on new game plus has got to be easier / more enjoyable the second time. Currently playing on the second hardest difficulty and so far its been fine (only one hairy moment). 

Just depends what you want to do but I personally figure this will be a long term game and would rather enjoy the experience than stress out over missable and guides.

• Like 1

It's not that hard to platinum on one try. Since you already looked at the trophies you have an idea of what to do. Death March is not that bad. It's a lot harder at the beginning since you don't have much to work with. It gets easier as you go with the oils, potions, signs, etc. that you unlock. Save as often as possible because if you are exploring, there is a chance you will run into enemies 10 or more levels higher than you. Explore often and spread out your main and side quests. Learn how to play Gwent. Every new town you come across, you can play certain people in Gwent and get cards. Look for a Gwent list online because there are some cards that only come from quests and these are usually missed. I used this particular Gwent list myself: http://gwentcards.com/

I read a few tips on a different site. Start on Death March difficulty, win the Gwent tutorial, always kill Monsters during hunts, pick up Gwent cards whenever possible, and don't kill Keira (sp?).Then I checked the guide on here and that lists out a bunch of things you need to do. I guess this game is really hard to get the plat in one playthrough?

Yes indeed, there are a lot of missable trophies and what I did was keep reading the guide many times so that I knew what to do for the missable trophies (especially the story ones).

Having never played a Witcher game before, I started on Death March, and until you reach level 10, you will die a lot (so be prepared to see the loading screen a lot). But after that you can start getting Griffin witcher gear, which makes you very good at combat. Add Quen alternate mode and Igni upgrades, which makes you almost invincible. But I still am very careful about picking fights, and am always wary when there are multiple enemies who attack you at the same time (unlike other games). Always be prepared to run, if needed.

I'm on level 19 now and enjoying the game so much. Best game of the decade for me.

Edited by tkmj75

not hrd in the lest pretty much the hardest part is the tutorial area the rest is pretty easy really just play gwent alot with like everyone who will play u till everyone just hands out loot dont lose gwent tournement etc pretty much if ur set to remember what not to miss ur set to plat it in 1 go they fixed all the bugs that plagued the original bunch of players so honestly its an easy plat