New FF7 news is:You probably won't see it in 2016.

Daniel_Shadow170

To me that was obvious. However, isn't 2017 the 20 year anniversary?

Would make more sense, nice package thrown in with a HD port of Crisis Core and discount on FF7 original PS4 version. (Although, it's cheap as it is.)

That would be pretty cool BUT isn't realistic.

Oh well, I can wait. :)

Obviously. We'll see the first part in 2018 probably.

To me that was obvious. However, isn't 2017 the 20 year anniversary?

Would make more sense, nice package thrown in with a HD port of Crisis Core and discount on FF7 original PS4 version. (Although, it's cheap as it is.)

That would be pretty cool BUT isn't realistic.

Oh well, I can wait. :)

They are already breaking the game into pieces to sell them all separately. So that you'll have to pay possibly $180 for the full remake. No way would they bundle anything extra for the 20th anniversary.

And the playstation vita has games. These facts are equally shocking.

I don't think the vita having games counts as fact.

No surprise here, FFXV doesn't even have a release date yet either.

I for once have nothing negative  to say about it more time is good and it's not like they ever even gave a date so ya.Plus FFXV is coming out wouldn't want them to compete.

Why would they " compete "  with one of their own products? :|

If anything that would just mean a wider selection.

Edited by Ramonachan

Obviously. We'll see the first part in 2018 probably.

They are already breaking the game into pieces to sell them all separately. So that you'll have to pay possibly $180 for the full remake. No way would they bundle anything extra for the 20th anniversary.

Yeah, you're right. It would of been nice to see something to celebrate it though but with it being 3 parts nothing will happen.

Maybe for the 30th anniversary then. :giggle:

Honestly, I didn't expect to. Devs nowadays are terrible about announcing games that are nowhere near completion. Hopefully we get something good to hold us over until it does release.

you are absolutly right but to be honest i think ff7 remake is only announced so early because SE was afraid that ff7 remake gets leaked.  So they wanted to announce it on a big Event instead of getting questions about "is the leak true" and so on.   Im pretty sure ff7 remake would be very very hard to make without a single leak.

Im not defending the early announcements , but i try to see it on the devs way sometimes.

I doubt this will come out before FFXV and KH3, so.....I'd give it 4-5 years still.

The game would be dead on arrival if they decide to release it around 2020 or 2021. People don't do console preference no more, if by 2020 MS release their next gen console and price it fairly, people will jump. You have to remember, games like these make sales from the casual and hard-core crowd, wasting the casual's time results in loss of sales.

Why would they " compete "  with one of their own products? :|

If anything that would just mean a wider selection.

If you release two $60 games at the same time, you're forcing people who want both to decide between them.  It's easier to sell $60 + $60 over the course of a few years, then it is to sell $120 all at once.  It doesn't matter whose products they are.

Edited by FrecLognAizeW

The game would be dead on arrival if they decide to release it around 2020 or 2021. People don't do console preference no more, if by 2020 MS release their next gen console and price it fairly, people will jump. You have to remember, games like these make sales from the casual and hard-core crowd, wasting the casual's time results in loss of sales.

I agree, I just think they won't be able to put out three huge projects like these in 3 years. The remake being episodic might help a little with it, but I still can't see it happening.

• Like 1