New FF7 news is:You probably won't see it in 2016.

Daniel_Shadow170

I agree, I just think they won't be able to put out three huge projects like these in 3 years. The remake being episodic might help a little with it, but I still can't see it happening.

I think 2018 will be the year we see the first instalment of the game. Games like these benefit from PlayStation being in the lead, 2020 or 2021 stuff could be way different. Square will have to put lesser projects on hold and focus their attention on FF7. They need to capitalize PS4 success before the annual "The competitor's console is pretty cheap right now, let me look into to it" that comes round the end of a console's life cycle.

I think 2018 will be the year we see the first instalment of the game. Games like these benefit from PlayStation being in the lead, 2020 or 2021 stuff could be way different. Square will have to put lesser projects on hold and focus their attention on FF7. They need to capitalize PS4 success before the annual "The competitor's console is pretty cheap right now, let me look into to it" that comes round the end of a console's life cycle.

So we will see the first installment on PS4, second on PS5 and the last on PS6?

Seems valid, sasuga SE.