Best way to play The Old Hunters

IrishNexus

This is a question for any experienced Bloodborne players, just need a bit of advice.

At the time of writing this I am just about to fight the One Reborn, so I am a decent bit into the game and understand its workings and stuff. I will be going for the game's platinum, so will be backing up my save at the very end to get the three endings, and then progressing into New Game Plus to get the final weapon and to find Eileen since I missed her in my current playthrough.

I am loving the game so also wish to get The Old Hunters, but what I am wondering is that when would be the best time to do The Old Hunters? I have a feeling if I progress through the standard game as I am currently doing, progress into New Game Plus and get my platinum, that I will not be able to return to my "normal" game to do The Old Hunters, thus forcing me to continue my New Game Plus playthrough and do The Old Hunters in New Game Plus.

Is there any way I could return to normal mode to do The Old Hunters after completing the game, or should I just buy the DLC and slot it in somewhere before completing the game?

Cheers.

The DLC is entirely optional but it scales accordingly to the main game, that means if you go NG+ in your "normal" game the DLC sequence will also be in NG+. Also worth noting that enemies/bosses from the DLC are quite harder compared to the main game.

Since you're going for the platinum I recommend you completing everything related to the main game except killing the last boss, because once you do you will automatically start NG+. When you're ready you can access the DLC anytime by receiving Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from a messenger in Hunter's Dream.

• Like 1

Since you're going for the platinum I recommend you completing everything related to the main game except killing the last boss, because once you do you will automatically start NG+. When you're ready you can access the DLC anytime by receiving Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from a messenger in Hunter's Dream.

Grand, might end up doing this, thanks very much!

• 2 months later...

I'd recommend doing it on your regular NG run if you want to have the easiest time possible. Doing it on NG+ isn't impossible, but it can make your time a lot harder depending on your build.

• 1 month later...