EDF ps4 trophies.

The trophies don't look that bad....

Then you clearly haven't played an EDF game.

Not only is Inferno mode frustrating as f*** but difficulty trophies don't stack at all. Meaning you have to play through each difficulty a total of 4 times with all 4 characters for a total of 16 playthroughs of the game.

Once you get things down to pat, it doesn't become hard. It's just super grindy.

• Like 2

Then you clearly haven't played an EDF game.

Not only is Inferno mode frustrating as f*** but difficulty trophies don't stack at all. Meaning you have to play through each difficulty a total of 4 times with all 4 characters for a total of 16 playthroughs of the game.

Once you get things down to pat, it doesn't become hard. It's just super grindy.

How long is the game though? I still don't understand why it's a 5% average....

Edited by greenpoison79

How long is the game though? I still don't understand why it's a 5% average....

I haven't played 4.1 myself so I'm not sure. All I know is that this is a remake of Earth Defense force 2025 on the PS360. That game had 85 missions for a full playthrough so I would expect around the same for 4.1.

As for it being a 5% average, take a look at all the trophies that aren't difficulty related. Though I haven't played this EDF game I know for a fact that if it's in the same style of trophies as previous games then they're extremely grindy. They aren't necessarily hard, they just take forever to earn.

• Like 1

I have been playing the ps3 version for a while now and it definitely takes a while to progress. Especially because it's all determined by if you get good weapons.

Some things i've found useful were to do a couple of the first missions one hard & hardest once your gear permits you too. The weapons drops you get on a higher difficulty are much better while the level itself isn't that much harder to complete.

Also always play on splitscreen. Everytime you complete a level it's shared progress between the two players. So, ultimately you'll only have to do 8 playthroughs instead of a minimum of 16. Also afaik, armor is shared if each player plays as a different class, while weapons aren't. (they only count for the one who kills the mob that drops it)

I've only put in 10h so far, and normal&hard difficulty is pretty easy. The only enemy that is giving me problems are the mother ships, as they bombard the area and that's an insta-kill with 400~500 armor.

I have been playing the ps3 version for a while now and it definitely takes a while to progress. Especially because it's all determined by if you get good weapons.

Some things i've found useful were to do a couple of the first missions one hard & hardest once your gear permits you too. The weapons drops you get on a higher difficulty are much better while the level itself isn't that much harder to complete.

Also always play on splitscreen. Everytime you complete a level it's shared progress between the two players. So, ultimately you'll only have to do 8 playthroughs instead of a minimum of 16. Also afaik, armor is shared if each player plays as a different class, while weapons aren't. (they only count for the one who kills the mob that drops it)

I've only put in 10h so far, and normal&hard difficulty is pretty easy. The only enemy that is giving me problems are the mother ships, as they bombard the area and that's an insta-kill with 400~500 armor.

Thanks for the advice, do you know approximately how long the game is?

I found with a ranger a pain in the ass to do hard and Hardest with low weapons and i had 275 armor.. I would get close but die at the end because the AI would get killed off. I was even shooting form a distance. 

Then B line to me and then im screwed.. Im a season EDF player so seems odd i couldn't do it.. And really it doesnt seem that hard,, But the fact they get close to you. Then you die pretty quick.. 

I sure it's easier with split screen and another player.. But unfortunately im solo on this.