Is platinum still obtainable?

RawrItsAndrew

The weird thing is that UFC 2010, 3 have online shut off but 2009 doesn't.

So in summary the online is still up for this game

UFC 3 shut down like a year or so before 09. But i'm pretty sure the servers are down for this. As i couldn't connect some time 2 years ago to help a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

The servers have NOT been shut down since 2013. For some reason, the servers were never closed for this game unlike UFC 2010 and UFC 3. I earned the all of the MP trophies last year with my friend Cobalt_1983 and the platinum is even featured in my trophy cabinet. It didn't take too long to grind but the miscellaneous trophies are really tough to get to pop. I personally felt the career mode trophies were harder. Is well worth going for if you have the time to do it, as it's a pretty rare platinum

Edited by LeetWolf2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been reading some bad news about a couple people not being able to play online ranked even tho the servers are still up, looks like new players are fine it's only affected a handful of people that previously played it and get an it's an invalid match or a infinite black screen

If you look at .org's forum look at VazzVegas and another guy can't do ranked matches on their main accounts but could on their secondary's. So there's a chance it could happen to others(very unlikely, but who knows) I posted a different solution that could maybe let him play ranked, than again he said he played on multiple ps3s in different regions and still couldn't connect in ranked matches. It's most likely an isolated incident, but you never know....

That's not a server issue per se. Perhaps account authentication, perhaps corrupt account during game update, if what you say it's correct then it's only a handful and only old accounts. Perhaps the disconnect abuse patch Yuke's created for the game has outright banned them without notifying about it? Impossible to say without the dev kit for the game :P

In any case, the match lag issues experienced on release is 99% of the cases a player hosting problem. As Darksiders II went permanently down a year and a half ago, that to my knowledge was the last remnant of the defunct THQ server infrastructure existing. If UFC 2009 had any external server service, it would've gone at the same time.

8 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Can this be boosted with 2 players? i guess it can since its a fighting game, just asking to be sure, like wrestling games you have tag team and so on, thats why i ask :)

Yea, shouldn't be a problem nowadays you may get matched with a random from time to time, since it's the only ps3 UFC game left online

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...