Automatic Update Not Working

Pirelli913

Just got an email from Playstation support saying that you have to rebuild your database in order to fix the problem. Needless to say, it didn't work. None of the 'safe mode' options seemed to have worked. I replied to them saying as much and still waiting to hear back. I will keep everyone updated with anything that helps on their end.

I will be waiting for their response to you. Hopefully it will be something that will actually fix the problem.

Setting the PS3 to DMZ fixed my problem with downloading from the web store. After my games are done downloading, I'll see if it also fixed the auto upload. It might not be for another 12 hours because I'm probably going to fall asleep before they're done downloading.

DMZ didn't fix the auto update problem.

Just got an email from Playstation support saying that you have to rebuild your database in order to fix the problem. Needless to say, it didn't work. None of the 'safe mode' options seemed to have worked. I replied to them saying as much and still waiting to hear back. I will keep everyone updated with anything that helps on their end.

I knew that reason was full of shit. God - I hate when they say stuff like that. It's the equivalent of "go outside and play" to a little kid.

• Like 1

I knew that reason was full of shit. God - I hate when they say stuff like that. It's the equivalent of "go outside and play" to a little kid.

Speaking From a tech support point of view, it's more likely "I'm sure the problem is on our end, but I haven't received any confirmation from Sony, so here's some stuff to keep you busy."

At any rate, the most popular logical fallacy, post hoc ergo propter hoc (stuff happened after things; therefore, things caused stuff to happen), suggests this problem is a result of converting to a PS4 account.

Also, I deleted all of my online saves and reuploaded everything, finding two corrupt saves in the process, and it still didn't solve it.

Yeah this has been a problem for me since December 22nd, and no one here is alone. I've seen reports about it all over the net...yet Sony has yet to actually say there's an issue. 

I assume a new PS3 firmware update is in the works for the near future.

Here is the most recent email from Sony. Last night they sent me instructions on how to update my ps3 via USB with no further explanation. I told them my firmware was up to date and this was their response:

"Thank you for your recent email.

We are advising you to update via USB in case there is a minor glitch or corruption within your installed system software. Please attempt this."

I won't have time to do this for another day or two so of anyone else attempts it and it works, let the rest of us in on it!

Here is the most recent email from Sony. Last night they sent me instructions on how to update my ps3 via USB with no further explanation. I told them my firmware was up to date and this was their response:

We are advising you to update via USB in case there is a minor glitch or corruption within your installed system software. Please attempt this."

I won't have time to do this for another day or two so of anyone else attempts it and it works, let the rest of us in on it!

If this is the solution then everyone should be told this, but it won't make any difference I suspect. They have a fault with the auto update and need to fix it. My box is trying to update (between 2 and 4am my set times) but I am not getting the conformation message when I next turn on my PS3.

I got a free one day extension for PS+ via email yesterday apparently to apologise for the outage on Jan 4. I didn't even know there was an outage. If they were having problems then, they obviously haven't fixed them all.

Again, this problem is too widespread to be caused by corruption, unless one of their updates is the cause.

Same here. The problem is deeper than that. But glad it fixed yours!

I looked it up. It's a some kind of sportball game. I don't play sportball games.

At any rate, the last thing I downloaded was _Lightning Returns: FFXIII_ ten days ago. Before that was _Rain_ in September. I doubt either of them broke it.

I cant figure out how to revert to factory firmware without replacing the hard drive. I tried to reformat and rebuild the database but it still says it has the most up to date version. I'm unable to install the update via USB

Guys I fixed my auto update, all I did was delete SSX, if you downloaded it because it was free on ps plus delete it, after I did auto update worked immediately.

I deleted this and still had no success.

I looked it up. It's a some kind of sportball game. I don't play sportball games.

It's a some kind of what?

Anyway, glad to hear i'm not the only one with this issue. I haven't touched my PS3 for weeks. I only turned it on a couple of days ago, after buying some stuff from the Store on PC (including the pre-order for RE0HD), and noticed that the PS3 told me there was stuff in the queue but it immediatly aborted without any message. I didn't really care as i didn't get many things so i simply downloaded them manually. But then i looked at the Download List and there was an option to set RE0HD and the other pre-order content to "Automatic Download" which would've activated on the 17th, however after some hours it was possible to download (but not to use) all content so i did it. I thought the aforementioned "queue message" had something to do with this game, but apparently, it's something else... not on our side, no matter what they try to tell us (including rebuild the database, stop with that generic PR crap please, Sony... it's friggin' 2016)

Edited by Lance_87

Hurray! My first "Hot Topic" post! Too bad it's not under better circumstances.

As to Sony saying to "rebuild the database," before I had read anyone here saying that's what Sony recommended, I had done that with my 120 GB HDD, but to no avail. Then I upgraded my PS3 to a 500 GB HDD figuring that might help because I had wanted to do it for a while and it still didn't fix it.

EDIT: In addition to the auto update not working, I've been getting signed out of PSN occasionally and when I turn on/off my mic (the official Sony Bluetooth headset), it doesn't say it was turned on/off in the upper right corner like it should.

Edited by Pirelli913

I also noticed at the weekend that all of my games played after Christmas were not being backed up to the cloud storage. Then I realised that the download queue wasn't working either and that trophies weren't being synced too. Sony need to actually figure out a solution for this since it's one of the main benefits to the subscription. 

While waiting for Yakuza 5 to download yesterday, I kept getting signed out of PSN every hour or so and the store also kept crashing my system every other time I tried to access it aswell. Whether or not this is all connected I don't know but I really hope all of this gets fixed soon either way.  -_-

Guys I fixed my auto update, all I did was delete SSX, if you downloaded it because it was free on ps plus delete it, after I did auto update worked immediately.

I "purchased" SSX, so that's it's available on my Download List, but never actually downloaded it (I always purchase every PS+ title, regardless if I ever want to play them or not). So I know that isn't the issue, glad it seemed to work for you though.

Among the Automatic Updates not working, I also get signed out of PSN every now and then (but can sign back in immediately), plus whenever I go to access my Download List I tend to get Error messages a few times before it decides to connect, and every so often I have issues trying to sync my trophies. 

But what bugs me the most is Sony not willing to admit there's an issue..they'd rather their employees to give out typical PR responses than to admit there's a widespread problem right now. The fact is, that I see people all over the web, all the time complain that the PS4 gets constant Stability Updates...but this is what happens if it didn't. The PS3 is in dire need of a Firmware update as Sony hasn't paid much attention to it since late 2014/early 2015. 

Edited by TheViper4Life

Sony released a new system update (4.78). I'm just downloading it. Maybe it fixes the whole autoupdate thing. Hope[/size]

dont think it has anything to do with the problems, just a regular update.

Support for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita’s Facebook link feature, as well as PS Vita and PlaySTation TV’s Facebook application, will end on January 20 with the release of PlayStation 3 system software version 4.78 and PS Vita / PlayStation TV system software version 3.57, Sony announced.

And that’s all.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/ps3-ps-vita-ending-facebook-link-support

Edited by Leenewbe