Automatic Update Not Working

Pirelli913

dont think it has anything to do with the problems, just a regular update.

Support for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita’s Facebook link feature, as well as PS Vita and PlaySTation TV’s Facebook application, will end on January 20 with the release of PlayStation 3 system software version 4.78 and PS Vita / PlayStation TV system software version 3.57, Sony announced.

And that’s all.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/ps3-ps-vita-ending-facebook-link-support

Yep. Issues are still there :(

Support for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita’s Facebook link feature, as well as PS Vita and PlaySTation TV’s Facebook application, will end on January 20 with the release of PlayStation 3 system software version 4.78 and PS Vita / PlayStation TV system software version 3.57, Sony announced.

And that’s all.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/ps3-ps-vita-ending-facebook-link-support

HOORAY! I'm not on Facebook and hate getting bugged to do anything with Facebook. At least my gaming will be free of getting annoyed by Facebook ads.

Sony released a new system update (4.78). I'm just downloading it. Maybe it fixes the whole autoupdate thing. Hope

Edit: Installed. Nothing. It's same as ever

I'm not so sure...

I've just switched my PS3 off and the text on screen read "Automatic update in progress...."

Could...this....mean...(I'll check in the morning).

I'm not so sure...

I've just switched my PS3 off and the text on screen read "Automatic update in progress...."

Could...this....mean...(I'll check in the morning).

I've seen that screen numerous times, but it doesn't actually *do* anything.

And this problem has to be a server-side problem. A client-side update isn't going to fix it.

Edited by egingell

Sony released a new system update (4.78). I'm just downloading it. Maybe it fixes the whole autoupdate thing. Hope[/size]

Edit: Installed. Nothing. It's same as ever[/size]

That update didn't fix the auto update problem we're all having. I hope Sony does something about it soon.

I've seen that screen numerous times, but it doesn't actually *do* anything.

And this problem has to be a server-side problem. A client-side update isn't going to fix it.

Damn, damn, damn. well, at least I'm not sitting through this update for nothing, since if I didn't, it wouldn't update.

Mine turned it self on earlier today, maybe it actually did an update this time.

I think it has to be an issue on Sonys side, or the PS3 software. My PSTV still auto-updates fine, and PS4. Just PS3. Im guessing Sony don't care now, they'd rather support the PS4 over it.

Mine turned it self on earlier today, maybe it actually did an update this time.

Just because it turned on doesn't mean it actually DID anything. Set the Auto Update to a time when you're online, turn on a game and save it, then turn off your PS3. It will "auto update" but when you turn your PS3 back on after, it didn't do anything.

Maybe a deliberate play by Sony to get people to jump ship on PS3 and buy a PS4?

Highly unlikely for two reasons:

1. If anyone found out this was the case, people could sue Sony because a subscription service they paid for wasn't functioning like it should.

2. You need PS+ for online play on PS4. It wouldn't make sense to stop features of it on PS3, especially since many (like myself) have both consoles.

• Like 1

Highly unlikely for two reasons:

1. If anyone found out this was the case, people could sue Sony because a subscription service they paid for wasn't functioning like it should.

2. You need PS+ for online play on PS4. It wouldn't make sense to stop features of it on PS3, especially since many (like myself) have both consoles.

maybe, but we did accept something confusing like

"Such content may include automatic updates or upgrades which may change your current operating system, cause a loss of data or content or cause a loss of functionalities or utilities. Such upgrades or updates may be provided for system software for your PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, the PSP® system, PlayStation®Vita system, 4K Ultra HD Media Player system or other authorized hardware. Access or use to any system software is subject to terms and conditions of a separate end user license agreement. You authorize SNEI to provide such content and agree that SNEI shall not be liable for any damages, loss of data or loss of functionalities arising from provision of such content or maintenance services."

maybe, but we did accept something confusing like

"Such content may include automatic updates or upgrades which may change your current operating system, cause a loss of data or content or cause a loss of functionalities or utilities. Such upgrades or updates may be provided for system software for your PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, the PSP® system, PlayStation®Vita system, 4K Ultra HD Media Player system or other authorized hardware. Access or use to any system software is subject to terms and conditions of a separate end user license agreement. You authorize SNEI to provide such content and agree that SNEI shall not be liable for any damages, loss of data or loss of functionalities arising from provision of such content or maintenance services."

Which doesn't mean that they can break online functionalities on purpose.

Latest update: I updated my firmware to 4.78 via wireless. Nothing. I updated via usb. Nothing. Emailed Sony my status. Their reply:

" Whilst we understand some issues are easily resolved via email, in this instance we require more specific details in order to assist you as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below and provide the reference number included."

I honestly don't know if I even have the patience for that. I am seriously considering formatting and starting over from scratch. Frustrated...

I updated to the new firmware released, trophy sync is still kinda fucky. Stalled at 2% again prompting me to cancel out. Tried again, this time stalled at 94% and then timed out. Finally synced correctly on the third time.

But the friend's list actually showed up!

Latest update: I updated my firmware to 4.78 via wireless. Nothing. I updated via usb. Nothing. Emailed Sony my status. Their reply:

" Whilst we understand some issues are easily resolved via email, in this instance we require more specific details in order to assist you as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below and provide the reference number included."

I honestly don't know if I even have the patience for that. I am seriously considering formatting and starting over from scratch. Frustrated...

And what will you do when starting over doesn't fix anything. I believe and will continue to believe this problem is on their end and, if that's true, literally nothing we do on our end is going to fix it.

And what will you do when starting over doesn't fix anything. I believe and will continue to believe this problem is on their end and, if that's true, literally nothing we do on our end is going to fix it.

Trust me, guys, I already tried this. I had a 120 GB HDD, reformatted it, that didn't work. Then I upgraded to a 500 GB HDD, formatted it, still nothing. I agree with egingell that it's on their side. Note that this only started happening to people right around Christmas when PSN went down.

Trust me, guys, I already tried this. I had a 120 GB HDD, reformatted it, that didn't work. Then I upgraded to a 500 GB HDD, formatted it, still nothing. I agree with egingell that it's on their side. Note that this only started happening to people right around Christmas when PSN went down.

We all got a whopping one extra day of Plus because of that outage (presumably). I hope they give us more than that when they finally pull their heads out of their asses.

Edit: lol... "outrage" was probably better.

P.S. When something breaks "suddenly", there are a few possibilities.

1) Bad download: delete it, problem solved.

2) Corrupt file(s): delete, problem solved.

3) Bad disk: Reformat or replace, problem solved.

4) Server side: When none of the above solve the problem and it's wide-spread (which is quite clear from this thread), it's the damn server.

I bought my PS4 in the summer. My PS3 stayed dormant for a long time until I decided to download Lightning Returns. It only came on to check for updates and to sync. After firing it back up to play Final Fantasy, I noticed that I wasn't getting told of new saves getting uploaded and my new game saves were not saved to the Plus cloud. Literally nothing changed except that I installed LR:FFXIII in early January. Sure, some random game might have updated, but it's unlikely that everybody has the same faulty game update.

Edit: Ugh. I hate this new forum trend of tacking on a new post to the end of your last one. :/

Edited by egingell